The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by little_wizard123
I think last year as well... it happens every year!

Didn't realise it hit a defender after being saved, in which case fair enough.

You still doing UFPL?
Original post by SirMasterKey
I was 15th top poster last year and just scrapped 50th on the final day. :sad:

I was about 35th or so if I remember rightly, and honestly did not think I remembered anyone bellow me :smile:

but guess I was wrong,

Imagine your doing a lot better this year?
Original post by fallen_acorns
I was about 35th or so if I remember rightly, and honestly did not think I remembered anyone bellow me :smile:

but guess I was wrong,

Imagine your doing a lot better this year?

Indeed. I was 11th at the start of the GW. Now down to 19th at the end of the GW. There is scope to move back up if Beg. keeps a CS tomorrow.

Ideal scenario will be CS, 6 saves + a pen save or two (Shawcross and Wilson sent off). 13 points plus any bonus and then I'll be back around10th-ish.

Not going to happen but just a CS gets me back around 15th. Not too shabby.
Original post by SirMasterKey
Indeed. I was 11th at the start of the GW. Now down to 19th at the end of the GW. There is scope to move back up if Beg. keeps a CS tomorrow.

Ideal scenario will be CS, 6 saves + a pen save or two (Shawcross and Wilson sent off). 13 points plus any bonus and then I'll be back around10th-ish.

Not going to happen but just a CS gets me back around 15th. Not too shabby.

fair enough :smile: 10th-20th is where I was at for 90% of last season.. but dropped off badly towards the end..

This year I am just waiting for the bad game weeks to come.. they are over-due!
Original post by Isometrix

You still doing UFPL?

Lol I honestly forgot that existed. Has anyone bothered with it?
hmm, not sure on transfers this week..

I mean, I would call this weekend pretty awful, but still may lead to a rise in places, so cant have beeen that bad..

As for next weekend im not sure if I want to do a transfer or not..

I am concerned about sanchez, as wenger just is not starting him for midweek games.. so I am tempted to do sanchez to fabregas, to cover the possibilty of another 6-0 against arsenal..

I had thought about welbeck to dzeko, but thats a bit out of range..

Welbeck to ulloa though could be an option as leicster have burnley..

Or I could adapt my defense, I have .9m in the bank, so could look at doing an upgrade..

Hmm, all 3 options are tempting. Guess it really depends on how much I rate arsenal against chelsea..
thinking about it.. I will see how arsenal do mid-week.

If they perform well, I will optimistically keep my attacking arsenal players, and upgrade my defense..

If they do awfully mid-week, will switch out either sanchez or welbeck for fabregas or ulloa - expecting them to take nothing from chelsea..
I've probably made a stupid decision getting in Jedinak but might benefit from a slight price rise. Allows me to get Azpi in -- Chelsea should give a few clean sheets from here on, especially when Courtois' communication with them improves. Desperately needed to upgrade my defense. Now I'm well balanced everywhere I think.

Side note, not sure how Walcott gonna fit in but I'd like to get him when he's fit in 2 or so weeks.
Original post by The Assassin
Side note, not sure how Walcott gonna fit in but I'd like to get him when he's fit in 2 or so weeks.

I want him but as he's been out for 10 months, i'll probably wait and see.

Although his return is another reason not to ditch Welbeck, he'll get fantastic service with Walcott, Ozil & Sanchez behind him...
Original post by sr90
Lol I honestly forgot that existed. Has anyone bothered with it?

I'm still a student so obviously I'm not playing it lol - too much fannying around with big squads.

Lilwiz was a fan of the beta though.
Got Welbeck in for Rooney. Haven't had Arsenal cover all season and don't really fancy them over Chelsea but hope it will work out for the short term. Also want Walcott in the long run though. Kind of thinking I should have gone for Ulloa though actually :s-smilie:
Original post by Isometrix

You still doing UFPL?

I didn't realise how drastic deleting the account would be... it stopped my UFPL team too. I tried re-registering with the same email address (as addicts would do) but it reset my history and team :cry:
half time and CS for stoke so far..

Newcastle have just brought on cisse though.. dont think my luck will last.
woop! stoke clean sheet, should hopefully see me rise to 2nd if I have worked things out correctly... :biggrin:
43 points then. Still beat all my H2H opponents. Ok GW overall for me.
Pretty good week. My strikers saved me with Costa, Pelle and Balo all getting points. Chelsea defenders starting to look good again so hopefully Courtois can go on a run.
Qwerty Mad FC got the 2nd highest points total this week in Division A but still lost hit game. Feel bad for him but I needed the win to stay within touching distance of the top.
Wisdom and Begovic rescued me this week. Just edged you out Gob Bluth, very close that one. Need to offload Ramsey and Rooney quickly but midweek games making me wait.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Silva in for Ramsey (may change back later, we'll see)

&

Shawcross in for Janmaat
Original post by Endless Blue
Silva in for Ramsey (may change back later, we'll see)

&

Shawcross in for Janmaat

I was considering that but silva has been "meh" so far.
Was gonna downgrade ramsey and upgrade one of my strikers to Sturridge.
Most likely welbeck though since an Ulloa upgrade would cost a bomb.
All in the hope that welbeck continues to be anonymous and Sturridge actually starts his season...

Sturridge and Costa both in form would be amazing.

Only gonna do that after the Basel game though - wanna make sure he'll be playing at the weekend before I do a transfer.
Jedinak in for Ramsey. Means I can make a last minute decision on Welbeck to Aguero.

Quick Reply

Latest