The Student Room Group

2015 Consulting graduate applications

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by jack_the_ripper
hi mate, I submitted my application yesterday, but I haven't received any invite for online tests, any idea how long it took you to get invited to do tests?

Hi
I got an invite to do the strengths assessment straight away. Then the next day I got a call from one of the recruiters just to clarify some info on my application (which means EY actually read the app first unlike some others!) then he sent me the invite to do the online maths test a couple of hours later
Reply 181
Deloitte sent me an email two weeks ago saying that I'm through to interview and that they'd "be in touch shortly to arrange a convenient time for your interview" - but I've heard nothing.

If I log into my Deloitte application online, it says "You have been invited to a Fast Track Day - Consulting" and there is a section entitled 'Interview Booking' - but all it's said for the past week or so is "There are no open interview slots at the moment. Please try again later."

Anybody else in the same situation? I'm going to give it until this evening, then shoot my recruiter an email I think...
Original post by Sync
Deloitte sent me an email two weeks ago saying that I'm through to interview and that they'd "be in touch shortly to arrange a convenient time for your interview" - but I've heard nothing.

If I log into my Deloitte application online, it says "You have been invited to a Fast Track Day - Consulting" and there is a section entitled 'Interview Booking' - but all it's said for the past week or so is "There are no open interview slots at the moment. Please try again later."

Anybody else in the same situation? I'm going to give it until this evening, then shoot my recruiter an email I think...

I'm in exactly the same situation. I got my 'through to interview' email on the 17th Sep and have heard nothing since. I think I'm going to give it until Wednesday (which would make it 2 weeks for me) and then email them.
Original post by Sync

Original post by Throwaway2521
I'm in exactly the same situation. I got my 'through to interview' email on the 17th Sep and have heard nothing since. I think I'm going to give it until Wednesday (which would make it 2 weeks for me) and then email them.

I got that email on the 16th, saying which service line I'd been assigned to and that they would be in contact shortly, but haven't heard anything since then....
Reply 184

Original post by Tasha-x
I got that email on the 16th, saying which service line I'd been assigned to and that they would be in contact shortly, but haven't heard anything since then....

Thanks both.

Glad I'm not alone then - got my email on the 16th and nada since.

Cheers.
Snap!
Original post by TC2016
Hi
I got an invite to do the strengths assessment straight away. Then the next day I got a call from one of the recruiters just to clarify some info on my application (which means EY actually read the app first unlike some others!) then he sent me the invite to do the online maths test a couple of hours later

Hey, I was just wondering, for your answers to the application questions (1 - leadership position. 2- why you would be suitable for this role), how much did you write? As in, how many out of the 500 words did you use, paragraphs etc.? Just trying to get an idea of how long my answer should be. Thanks!
Reply 187
Hey, I was just wondering, for your answers to the application questions (1 - leadership position. 2- why you would be suitable for this role), how much did you write? As in, how many out of the 500 words did you use, paragraphs etc.? Just trying to get an idea of how long my answer should be. Thanks!

I'm writing for EY now and i'm pretty close to the 500 for both my questions (although different ones for a different stream).

But I was also wondering what others did?
Original post by Luccy.
I'm writing for EY now and i'm pretty close to the 500 for both my questions (although different ones for a different stream).

But I was also wondering what others did?

The leadership positions I wrote 200 words for. The suitable for the role I wrote 500 in a few paragraphs yeah. Waiting on a final interview for a few weeks now.
Original post by Sync

Do you know what a fast track day is? Is it an interview or an assessment centre?
Reply 190
Original post by Mustgetintoib
Do you know what a fast track day is? Is it an interview or an assessment centre?

Combination of the two, as I understand it.

First stage is an interview and case study + group exercise. Then, if you pass that, presentation to senior member of staff (probably partner) and further interview. I think it's basically the standard process detailed on their website, but condensed into a single day.
Original post by Sync
Combination of the two, as I understand it.

First stage is an interview and case study + group exercise. Then, if you pass that, presentation to senior member of staff (probably partner) and further interview. I think it's basically the standard process detailed on their website, but condensed into a single day.

Oh wow so if we pass that day we should get an offer right? With no further assessments?
Reply 192
Oh wow so if we pass that day we should get an offer right? With no further assessments?

I think so. But don't hold me to that!

Original post by Sync
I think so. But don't hold me to that!

It takes place over 2 days/stages in the process. So you first go to the interview + group exercise day. Then if you pass that you get invited back on another day to do a presentation and final interview.

EDIT: Here's the page on Deloitte's site that outlines all of this: http://mycareer.deloitte.com/uk/en/university/apply-now/2015selection
(edited 9 years ago)
What does the IBM assessment centre involve?
Reply 195
It takes place over 2 days/stages in the process. So you first go to the interview + group exercise day. Then if you pass that you get invited back on another day to do a presentation and final interview.

EDIT: Here's the page on Deloitte's site that outlines all of this: http://mycareer.deloitte.com/uk/en/university/apply-now/2015selection

But on that link it says that:

"Some offices and service lines will allow you to complete both interviews on the same day; others split them into separate stages".

I get the impression that the 'Fast Track' route means that everything is done in a single day, as detailed here.
Original post by Sync
But on that link it says that:

"Some offices and service lines will allow you to complete both interviews on the same day; others split them into separate stages".

I get the impression that the 'Fast Track' route means that everything is done in a single day, as detailed here.

Ah yes, you're right. Good point. I didn't apply through the Fast Track route but as you say, it may just be the case that they're fast tracking applications for the service line I've chosen. That makes me even more nervous, especially after reading about how gruelling the experience was in that WikiJobs post :ahhhhh:
Reply 197

I used all the words for all the questions and is structured it with a each one with mini headings
Is PWC done on a rolling basis, or do they wait until the deadline then assess everyones?
Original post by marksmith888
What does the IBM assessment centre involve?

Two group exercises- one planning and one discussion based- all testing your teamwork, communication, drive (IBM's competencies basically). They each last 30 mins.

You then wait approximately 1 hour to 1 hour and half to find out if you've been successful.

If you are successful you will have a foundation interview and then a business interview. These are both really relaxed and the interviewers really make you feel at ease.

The day is tiring as there is a lot of waiting about between exercises / interviews. However, I think the key is to do your research before and find something that you are really passionate about at IBM as the interviewers will like this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending