The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

I really don't feel up to going out today can't b bothered I wanna lay in bed and hope my emotions pick up soon. Please human contact but no I have to go to voluntary job and put on happy smiley face. Is it the weekend yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nathanielle
Ah, nice way to tell him, would be that you don't understand it, because you have read other things and how he could explain you the differences or what would be the current state of research. This might give him a hint to rethink what he taught you, without big risk for you. Maybe he also did not meant mania, but rather, that anxiety is different to depression and somehow referred as worryin over the future, wether depression is worrying over the past. (Only reason why I could imagine, he spoke of them being on the different ends of a scale. In my eyes they are just different.)

Original post by Nathanielle
You are the person you have been before depression. Negative thoughts also don't define by them not being there, when you are happy, but that you are taken different actions and don't overdramatize every bad thing. They are not part of you, that is e.g. a good example for a neative thought, you think it is not worth to challenge them, because without depression, you would not be you. You are not able to be happy, because your character is just like that, depressed.

Maybe it is easier for you, not to think of them as negative thouhts, but unhelpful thoughts?
E.g. I won't be me without them and thus I can't challenge them, instead of: I have the right to see that this way, but there is another assumption I could take and I have the right to act different and achieve something, because my wishes are also me. (Only better than my example.)

i think he meant it in terms of the levels of neurotransmitters but it came out sounding like mania, which is why i don't think he was wrong per say, but he could have worded it differently?
and i've had some of these thoughts for as long as i can remember, i don't know who i was before i had them :frown: like my mum recalls me having a massive freak out and crying and having a panic attack before my year 2 SATs when i was 7, so i was majorly concerned with not disappointing my parents and being perfect so far back that i don't know what it'd be like not being like that :erm: part of the exercise is to identify the negative thought and replace with a helpful thought - which is really hard for me because I've always thought of my negative thoughts as helpful thoughts because they push me to achieve high grades and things :/

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
You are not these thoughts hun. I need to sleep and have uni tomorrow but let's try and chat a bit about this soon, even if it's after your session :hugs:

sure thing, i should be around this evening for much chats :smile:
Caffeinated and on my way to uni, feeling positive today :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
Caffeinated and on my way to uni, feeling positive today :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay, caffeine-fueled positivity! :jive:
Original post by superwolf
Yay, caffeine-fueled positivity! :jive:

I think the little ritual of making coffee helps wake me up too :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
taken my first ever MH day today
First proper lecture done, spoke to my friend who's flatmates with the girl I've fallen out with and mentioned I was worried she wouldn't want to talk to me, she said that she's fine to still be friends, that it's between me and the other girl so she's staying neutral which is nice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it bad that my dad works out when I'm having a bad day by whether or not the dog lies next to me/follows me everywhere?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
Is it bad that my dad works out when I'm having a bad day by whether or not the dog lies next to me/follows me everywhere?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it's nice that you have your dog to comfort you and hopefully if your dad notices then he'd be able to be there for you too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Planckton
taken my first ever MH day today

I'd see that as a positive thing - you're taking time to look after yourself. :smile:

First proper lecture done, spoke to my friend who's flatmates with the girl I've fallen out with and mentioned I was worried she wouldn't want to talk to me, she said that she's fine to still be friends, that it's between me and the other girl so she's staying neutral which is nice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's really good to hear. :five:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww, that's incredibly sweet. :tongue:
Haven't been in lectures for 2 days. Really need to fix up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by moment of truth
Haven't been in lectures for 2 days. Really need to fix up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:console: If it was me I'd bribe myself to go tomorrow by planning some kind of treat for myself. :yep:

My future mice:

Cookie is the solid ginger one, and Popcorn is the one running like crazy on the wheel. :tongue:
I think it's nice that you have your dog to comfort you and hopefully if your dad notices then he'd be able to be there for you too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, it's just kind of annoying he can't tell himself, although it's my fault that I don't tell him I guess :s-smilie: And it doesn't stop him telling me to do thirty things at once and driving me mad either way! :redface: That said, having my dog there for me is lovely, despite the smell :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6273
Ahh ok, fair enough! :smile:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

It's frustrating :redface:

edit: saw you might be having a rough day :hugs: x
:console: If it was me I'd bribe myself to go tomorrow by planning some kind of treat for myself. :yep:

My future mice:

Cookie is the solid ginger one, and Popcorn is the one running like crazy on the wheel. :tongue:

Aww! I'm sure I'd just sit there staring at them all day rather than actually doing anything useful though :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aww! I'm sure I'd just sit there staring at them all day rather than actually doing anything useful though :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

And you think that I'm any different?? :lol:

Oh, not sure if you know of this one but I remembered what used to be a good website for getting hamster stuff and they have mouse stuff too I think :smile: http://www.littlepetwarehouse.co.uk it used to be called something else so I thought they'd shut down but they just rebranded :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Riku

Spoiler

It's frustrating :redface:

Spoiler

I'm not great, kind of crap all round to be honest although the post just came with something exciting so might go and try and do that in a minute! How are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh, not sure if you know of this one but I remembered what used to be a good website for getting hamster stuff and they have mouse stuff too I think :smile: http://www.littlepetwarehouse.co.uk it used to be called something else so I thought they'd shut down but they just rebranded :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I've bought stuff from them before. :smile: Right now I've got a massive list of new toys I wanna buy from everywhere. :tongue:

Fair enough! There's worse things to spend your time doing, and they're so small and cute and interesting that I definitely don't blame you for it :tongue: Unfortunately I don't think they'd last too long in my house with the dog about :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest