The Student Room Group

Why do people celebrate they birthdays...

Scroll to see replies

I don't celebrate my birthdays. :dontknow:
Original post by Maid Marian
I don't celebrate my birthdays. :dontknow:

Original post by ChaoticButterfly

:erm:
I choose not to.
Original post by Maid Marian
:erm:
I choose not to.

Well my birthday is tomorrow and I got nothing special planned at the moment. :ninja:

Just going to give myself a day off from job applications and stuff. Will be going rock climbing if the weather is good :smile:

I remember when birthdays used to be exciting :moon:
(edited 9 years ago)
I forgot I had a birthday..
Reply 25
I'll be 22 next year and I'm excited already for my birthday.

People buy me stuff for surviving a trip around the sun, they feel obliged to congratulate and celebrate it. Thus, I have been conditioned to look forward to my birthday for my 'reward'. If my parents had never made a big deal about it I guess I would never have celebrated birthdays.

But yeah, I get stuff from people :biggrin:
Well my birthday is tomorrow and I got nothing special planned at the moment. :ninja:

Just going to give myself a day off from job applications and stuff. Will be going rock climbing if the weather is good :smile:

I remember when birthdays used to be exciting :moon:

October 2nd?
Original post by chocolatesauce
October 2nd?

Tomorrow is indeed October 2nd. Good work Columbo.

Are you going to throw me a secret party?
Reply 28

Happy birthday for tomorrow. How often do you visit chat?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aph
Happy birthday for tomorrow. How often do you visit chat?

Posted from TSR Mobile

regularly

its my birthday tomorrow too! :five: I've got nothing planned either, Thursday is an awkward day lol
its my birthday tomorrow too! :five: I've got nothing planned either, Thursday is an awkward day lol

:five:

What age? :tongue:

"The month of October is ruled by the planet of Venus and by the charming sign of Libra. You are strongly motivated by a desire for justice and you must create harmony in all areas of your lives. You are classified as the "Peacemaker" in Divine Astrology. You will succeed in your career because of your gentle personality, your sense of diplomacy and your natural "savoir faire.""

October is the best :colonhash:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 32
regularly

Ok you two youll get a happy birthday thread:yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Because... One day baby we'll be old, oh baby we'll be old....

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll PM it lol

Original post by Aph
Ok you two youll get a happy birthday thread:yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awwwwww yay! :hugs:

"The month of October is ruled by the planet of Venus and by the charming sign of Libra. You are strongly motivated by a desire for justice and you must create harmony in all areas of your lives. You are classified as the "Peacemaker" in Divine Astrology. You will succeed in your career because of your gentle personality, your sense of diplomacy and your natural "savoir faire.""

October is the best :colonhash:

We ftw!!!!!!! :woo:
Original post by Ecro
Why do people celebrate they birthdays with other people? IMO, the birthday is something personal and that's why I have always celebrated my birthday by myself. Because that was(is) my day, not somebody else's.

Because it's an occasion/tradition another reason to throw a b-day party or celebrate it with others.

I don't really celebrate my birthdays, usually someone just greets me when the day comes like tesco :frown:
and my parents, some friends on facebook.

I don't have many friends around where I live now, although I never threw that many parties anyway. Because I don't feel like celebrating it usually. Maybe it's down to some childhood trauma although there never was a horrible b-day party that I had.

It's just that I can't stand the thought that people who would attend, would be nice to me on purpose because it's my b-day, not genuinely nice. And you never know which is which when it's your b-day.:confused:

Quick Reply

Latest