The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Helping put together a "bad days box" for one of my friends who's having a rough time at the moment. :smile: I have some pics and nice quotes and stuff. Obviously, it's for her to put her own special things in, but I wanted to have a couple of nice things already in the box to start hers off. I have one myself which is full of letters/pictures/quotes/mementos. I was just wondering what else people have in theirs? :smile: I was thinking about putting in a scented candle in a smell she likes, some individual hot chocolate sachets, and a recipe for mug cake (:colone:).

Anybody else have any ideas? :smile:
Original post by furryface12
True! My mum's just come home so hopefully she'll be in a better mood...
Not a lot really, tried to do some physics but couldn't concentrate, tried to play saxophone but couldn't breathe and tried to sleep but ended up crying and then dad came in, ignored the fact that I was crying and told me to go do something useful :s-smilie: Sorry, bit of a rant there :redface: What have you been up to? :hugs:

:hugs:
I've been alternating between sleeping and crying. :colondollar: Now trying to organise a bad days box for one of my friends. :smile:
Original post by tasha96
Helping put together a "bad days box" for one of my friends who's having a rough time at the moment. :smile: I have some pics and nice quotes and stuff. Obviously, it's for her to put her own special things in, but I wanted to have a couple of nice things already in the box to start hers off. I have one myself which is full of letters/pictures/quotes/mementos. I was just wondering what else people have in theirs? :smile: I was thinking about putting in a scented candle in a smell she likes, some individual hot chocolate sachets, and a recipe for mug cake (:colone:).

That's such a sweet idea, I've never heard of that before :smile:
Maybe a little soft toy or stress ball? The things you already said sound great :yes:
Out for tea for flatmates birthday, can't wait :smile: been a bit under the weather the last few days so some nice food and cocktails should pick me up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nohomo
Not trying to be rude but don't you have schizophrenia with lots of positive symptoms that would actually be tangible to the assessor?

I started with a schizophrenia diagnosis with mainly negative symptoms which they might mistake for me being "feckless".

Now I don't know if they think I'm schizophrenic but I have social phobia, autistic spectrum disorder and psychotic symptoms in my notes. Possibly clinical depression now too...my case seems a bit weak.

Actually i do have schizophrenia with positive symptoms.
Original post by Gingerbread101
That's such a sweet idea, I've never heard of that before :smile:
Maybe a little soft toy or stress ball? The things you already said sound great :yes:

Oooh brilliant idea, thank you! :biggrin: I have just the thing! :eek3:
You MUST make a bad days box! :gasp: I've tried to make all my close friends make one... :colondollar: They are so helpful when you're struggling for reasons to keep going! :smile:
Original post by tasha96

Does having mice in a cage count? :tongue:
Original post by tasha96
Oooh brilliant idea, thank you! :biggrin: I have just the thing! :eek3:
You MUST make a bad days box! :gasp: I've tried to make all my close friends make one... :colondollar: They are so helpful when you're struggling for reasons to keep going! :smile:

I will :yep:
Do you use like a shoebox or something and decorate it? :smile:
Original post by Noodlzzz
Actually i do have schizophrenia with positive symptoms.

So don't you agree that your claim would look better than mine?

I have some positive symptoms but mainly negative. Never heard voices or seen things.

They might think well we're all a bit unmotivated at times or we all get a bit shy or we all get sad...they wouldn't say we all sort of hear voices.

It's not that i don't want to work... I think that if I could it'd help me to have a life. But I'm not sure I can. I'm trying with voluntary work.

Not trying to be aggressive :smile:

I'm just pointing out why I'm nervous.

I'm also sorry to hear that I was right in thinking you'd said you have schizophrenia with positive symptoms.
Original post by superwolf
Does having mice in a cage count? :tongue:

Her mum would kill me.... :tongue: But otherwise... yes. :ninja:

I will :yep:
Do you use like a shoebox or something and decorate it? :smile:

Yeah you can do! :smile: Or you can be lazy like me and buy a pretty box from the card shop :colondollar: (they usually have nice boxes beside the wrapping paper/bows). :smile:
Original post by tasha96
Her mum would kill me.... :tongue: But otherwise... yes. :ninja:

Yeah you can do! :smile: Or you can be lazy like me and buy a pretty box from the card shop :colondollar: (they usually have nice boxes beside the wrapping paper/bows). :smile:

Ah good idea, as all of my shoeboxes are being used for the shoebox appeal atm :lol:

Spoiler

Ah good idea, as all of my shoeboxes are being used for the shoebox appeal atm :lol:

:hugs: I'd definitely reccomend making one. :yep: Also, they make nice gifts to give people and it feels nice making them up. :colondollar:

Original post by ScaryScience

Spoiler

:hugs: :jumphug: :hugs:

Around if you want to talk :hugs:
Original post by tasha96
:hugs: I'd definitely reccomend making one. :yep: Also, they make nice gifts to give people and it feels nice making them up. :colondollar:

I'll start making one in the next few days I think :yes: thanks for the idea :jumphug:
Original post by Riku

Spoiler

I'll give you a month then you should play Baker Street via webcam for us :tongue:

Spoiler

I've done grade 8 alto so hoping it won't take too much adjusting! Seeing as I've been lent it purely so I can play it in a jazz group thing then it better hadn't :colondollar:

Original post by tasha96
:hugs:
I've been alternating between sleeping and crying. :colondollar: Now trying to organise a bad days box for one of my friends. :smile:

:hugs: Ooh, what have you got in there?

Edit: Sorry, just saw your other post! I haven't got one, but as someone else said maybe a small cuddly toy thing, a diary or notebook, or just chocolate? :drool:
(edited 9 years ago)

Spoiler

I've done grade 8 alto so hoping it won't take too much adjusting! Seeing as I've been lent it purely so I can play it in a jazz group thing then it better hadn't :colondollar:

:hugs: Ooh, what have you got in there?

Edit: Sorry, just saw your other post! I haven't got one, but as someone else said maybe a small cuddly toy thing, a diary or notebook, or just chocolate? :drool:

YOU MUST MAKE ONE!!!! :fuhrer:
:tongue:
But seriously thank you for the suggestions! :h: And you should definitely make one... :colone:
Can definitely empathise with this one! :jumphug:

:frown: mentally and physically ****ed, im so exhausted! i need to learn to cook as well because I've been eating such a **** diet :frown:
counsellor has given me a weekly timetable and says i need to force myself to do things i used to like, even if i don't like it any more. also have to make a tally of all my negative thoughts, which is going to be ginormous because even on the walk home i had a mantra of "you're an idiot you suck you're ugly you're fat" repeating in my head so i don't know how much to count that for in my tally :frown:
Original post by tasha96
YOU MUST MAKE ONE!!!! :fuhrer:
:tongue:
But seriously thank you for the suggestions! :h: And you should definitely make one... :colone:

I will sometime :biggrin: Also, that emoticon thing is amazing :fuhrer: :lol:

Original post by lauraaaaa
:frown: mentally and physically ****ed, im so exhausted! i need to learn to cook as well because I've been eating such a **** diet :frown:

:console: It'll get better, I promise! I'm sure you're not the only one finding freshers hard, but you'll get used to it :hugs:
Original post by tasha96

:hugs: :jumphug: :hugs:

Around if you want to talk :hugs:

thanks. going to lie down and try pretend im not really triggered. ugh

Latest