The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mr Smurf
Rumour is that he was dropped for disrupting the playing style of the team. No reliable sources though. Just loads of goal.com-like sites.

What, like actually pressing to win the ball back? smh
Original post by Zürich
Can someone explain to me how Wenger has squared it so that our £30m winger Sanchez is playing 90m in pointless League Cup games, rested for the derby and now brought back to play against a weak Galatasaray side so that he wont be entriely fresh for Stamford Bridge.

This is quite the opposite of what rotation should achieve.

Tonight I'd go: Szczesny, Monreal, Kosc/Mert, Chambers, Flamini, Rosicky, Cazorla, Podolski, Campbell, Welbeck.

Ideally Chambers and Koscielny would both get a break tonight but we cant even give one of them a break FFS. Although, probably no point resting players for SB anyway, we havent got a prayer.

woahh why are you treating this like a league cup game?

surprised at how confident you are. wish i was as confident as you.
Original post by Zürich

Tonight I'd go: Szczesny, Monreal, Kosc/Mert, Chambers, Flamini, Rosicky, Cazorla, Podolski, Campbell, Welbeck.

That's a brave selection tbh Zurich, looks like a league cup line up. Do you not rate Gala?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mr Smurf
Rumour is that he was dropped for disrupting the playing style of the team. No reliable sources though. Just loads of goal.com-like sites.

****ing lol if that is true. Surely it can't be though. Wenger wouldn't go spending £35m on a player that'd disrupt his team's playing style.
OFFICIAL:

ARSENAL team v Galatasaray:

Szczesny,
Chambers, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs,
Caz, Flamini,
Alexis,Ozil, Ox
Welbeck

Szczesny,
Chambers, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs,
Flamini,
Alexis, Ox, Ozil, Cazorla
Welbeck

ARSENAL subs: Ospina, Coquelin, Bellerin, Rosicky, Wilshere, Campbell, Podolski

lmao, I don't know if we're playing a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-1-41.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
OFFICIAL:

ARSENAL team v Galatasaray: Szczesny, Chambers, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Flamini, Cazorla, Ozil, Alexis, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Welbeck

ARSENAL subs: Ospina, Coquelin, Bellerin, Rosicky, Wilshere, Campbell, Podolski

really like the team actually..

Although would prefer wilshire over either cazorla or ozil..

Presume its going to be a 4-1-4-1 with the front being

Flamini
Sanchez - ozil - cazorla - ox
Welbeck

?
Original post by be so Dr Evil
Jam's gone?

Sheeit

Also lel basically butty is overdoing it, but he's not completely wrong. Pretty typical of him

Hi Jammy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fallen_acorns

Flamini
Welbeck

?

It's a 4-2-3-1 with either Cazorla or the Ox sitting in with Flamini. That's the line up but the formation is only speculative. See edit.
(edited 9 years ago)

Only just clocked that User name is from a Kanye song. Heartless I think
if jam is back with a name that is no relation to his previous name, then honestly.. **** this forum.

I want a casual chat about football, not a freaking memory and identification test, where I have to remember a dozen dupes, and try and work out who a dozen more are..

Get it together people.. pick a name, and stick with it.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
It's a 4-2-3-1 with either Cazorla or the Ox sitting in with Flamini. That's the line up but the formation is only speculative.

I thought about that.. if its carzorla there, then I would be worried..

Ox has played there before, parterning ramsey, didnt he?

Either way, I am happy to see both ox + sanchez in the team, and with ramsey out there are not that many options..

Resting wilshire seems good considering he could be pretty vital if we are to get anything from chelsea this weekend..

(as in my mind for us to get anything we are going to need a player like him, to juts come out with a game of his life, and win us the game)

Flamini
Welbeck

?

Official team sheet. 4-2-3-1 would make sense

The Wenger Love In on twitter about this 18 years of his (3 too many imo) has been quite nauseating. Hope tonight's match doesn't have any fanfare about AW.
Ok you know what, word has it that it's a 4231 with Cazorla and Flamini holding. Not a 4141...but we'll see.
Original post by sevchenko
Official team sheet. 4-2-3-1 would make sense

quite suprised to see cazorla deeper..

Worries me a bit defensivly, as cazorla can go missing a fair bit in some games..
Lol at that midfield two
quite suprised to see cazorla deeper..

Worries me a bit defensivly, as cazorla can go missing a fair bit in some games..

It would have made more sense to have Ox as the B2B. Then Alexis and Campbell interchanging on the wings
Not going to lie, seeing Ozil playing CAM with Ox, Alexis and Welbeck playing off him is a dream come true for me. Can't wait for Walcott to return as well >.<
I thought about that.. if its carzorla there, then I would be worried..

Ox has played there before, parterning ramsey, didnt he?

Either way, I am happy to see both ox + sanchez in the team, and with ramsey out there are not that many options..

Resting wilshire seems good considering he could be pretty vital if we are to get anything from chelsea this weekend..

(as in my mind for us to get anything we are going to need a player like him, to juts come out with a game of his life, and win us the game)

Bury that thought, it ain't happening buddy.

A lot of pace in this team, should be a good match. Caz is definitely sitting in with Flamini, not a very defense minded team with a lot of the back line that's going to be going up the pitch, not to mention Cazorla's deeper role too soo hope we don't get done on the counter. Haven't really watched Gala but from what I've heard they're not too pacey? Meh.
(edited 9 years ago)
For those of you who don't have Sky Sports (Like why wouldn't you!?) The game is live on Sky One sky channel 106. You're welcome.

Latest