The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by Shahbaz Ahmad
That's why you got GFS result, earlier than I! I completed the online selection tests on 19/09/2014 and hope to get result for GFS at the end of this or in the next week.

kat.lev wish you best of luck for e-tray!

Thank you very much :smile:

But I agree with person above - they release the results in batches, so I wouldn't hold your breath! But not hearing yet is not bad news, it just means you are not immediately successful. Sadly, the key "competency" required during this process is patience....! :biggrin:
Reply 261
I'm waiting until the weekend to fill it in so I have more time. Maybe I should start now though! Can you save it in parts?

Seems deferral options are too limited. But oh well. I'll just go forward and use it as experience in case I apply again. Went to an assessment for the MoJ the other day after accepting this job. Kind of hope I don't make it to the one-day assessment as I don't know what I'd do!
Ugh, my status has updated to say that I haven't passed after the tests. It must be the competency questionnaire, as the other two tests were really simple.

From my google searches I found previous studentroom topics where people said that they sucessfully emailed them to ask for second attempts on the competency questionnaires. I'll try that and post here again if I get a response.
Original post by chandlerellroy
Ugh, my status has updated to say that I haven't passed after the tests. It must be the competency questionnaire, as the other two tests were really simple.

From my google searches I found previous studentroom topics where people said that they sucessfully emailed them to ask for second attempts on the competency questionnaires. I'll try that and post here again if I get a response.

Unquestionably, you must try. Fast Stream Team answers promptly, and they're certainly obliging.
Original post by chandlerellroy

was this for the generalist scheme?
Original post by jelly1000
was this for the generalist scheme?

I hope so, as they are sending results for Generalist Fast Stream, DAT as well as European Fast Stream.
Ok, I read that as marking takes place between September and November and you'll hear when its finished.

I'm pretty sure it means depending on your score you'll find out if you've been successful when the grading boundaries are sufficiently narrow. Which may be between September and November.
Original post by GManTheGMan
I'm pretty sure it means depending on your score you'll find out if you've been successful when the grading boundaries are sufficiently narrow. Which may be between September and November.

Thanks for clarifying that.
I have just got my online results for the Analytical GES scheme.I was successful in passing the Diplomatic GES fast stream & i'm cleared to process the next application stage but was unsuccessful in the GSR fast stream.I'm so relieved.The battle continues on to the next phase.
I'm still struggling to understand these abbreviations e.g. GES and GSR, going straight over my head! No results for me yet so I suspect I shall be checking every day until November.
I'm still struggling to understand these abbreviations e.g. GES and GSR, going straight over my head! No results for me yet so I suspect I shall be checking every day until November.

Government Economic Service and Government Social Research Service!

What you selected being a fast streamer?
Government Economic Service and Government Social Research Service!

What you selected being a fast streamer?

I've just gone for the really general one. I'd love to do the Social Research one but I don't have the background for it sadly.
I've just gone for the really general one. I'd love to do the Social Research one but I don't have the background for it sadly.

Did you get a response that you're unsuccessful?

Or,

Your Application Specific page is still showing "Awaiting Results Results Progress"!

If, you have received an electronic text, that you were unsuccessful, and your progress page is not allowing you to select part, then I am afraid that you have to wait for the first round of the next year. In this case I suggest you to practice verbal and numerical reasoning.

If, you didn't receive an email and your application page has the status "Awaiting Results Results Progress", then I believe you shall hear a good news at the end of October.
Did you get a response that you're unsuccessful?

Or,

Your Application Specific page is still showing "Awaiting Results Results Progress"!

If, you have received an electronic text, that you were unsuccessful, and your progress page is not allowing you to select part, then I am afraid that you have to wait for the first round of the next year. In this case I suggest you to practice verbal and numerical reasoning.

If, you didn't receive an email and your application page has the status "Awaiting Results Results Progress", then I believe you shall hear a good news at the end of October.

Mines still awaiting results (for the general one), I hope that means its definitely good news.
Reply 274

Not necessarily - I took the tests last year in mid-October and I was amber-banded (was not declared immediately successful or unsuccessful) for the GFS. After a week or two I then checked and found out I had been unsuccessful. This was all despite being immediately successful for EFS.

Of course I hope no one here is unsuccessful who is waiting - I just don't want people to get the wrong impression about this.
Reply 275
I am still awaiting results for both GFS and EFS this year, by the way!
Mines still awaiting results (for the general one), I hope that means its definitely good news.

I hope so, and why I shouldn't; I am under the same situation!

I received an electronic message that I am successful in online selection tests, but only Digital and Technology Application page allowed me to advance. I contacted GFS team, and they suggested to wait until the end of October.

I shall complete D&T application form, until Monday (06/10/14), and then the next step "e-tray". Let see what happens!
Original post by Xan015
I am still awaiting results for both GFS and EFS this year, by the way!

It also depends, how did you perform and when.

You will be informed of your results once you are "Immediately Successful" or "Immediate Unsuccessful". If you are in the mid-range, you will not receive your result until the final pass mark is set, and they set final pass mark once most candidates have completed their online selection tests!
I hope so, and why I shouldn't; I am under the same situation!

I received an electronic message that I am successful in online selection tests, but only Digital and Technology Application page allowed me to advance. I contacted GFS team, and they suggested to wait until the end of October.

I shall complete D&T application form, until Monday (06/10/14), and then the next step "e-tray". Let see what happens!

i hope your successful in both but as you can see proceeding in one stream doesn't guarentee you will proceed in another
I'm ever so inclined of withdrawing my stats application and just stick with my OR. I have had a look at the Stats scheme and tbh it doesn't excite me like OR does :erm:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending