The Student Room Group

How hard is AS business studies?

I'm taking chemistry biology and German to A2 and I want to take business studies AS. How hard is it in comparison with your other subjects?
easy
AS is very easy especially unit. 1 which is basically definitions. For a2 you need to be familiar with all of the theory and also the case study which will be different etc
Reply 3
Original post by WishIHadRevised
I'm taking chemistry biology and German to A2 and I want to take business studies AS. How hard is it in comparison with your other subjects?

Hey :smile: I'm writing my AS business studies final soon. Are you too?
Hello. I am currently doing A2 business, with results in me having already done AS. I achieved an A and I have to say it was the easiest A I have ever achieved. Business is.. I don't want to say easy because it's not. It is a lot a lot a lot of coursework so I am not going to lie it will take up a lot of your time (which you may wish to have for revision). But if you need an AS and you need an A then business is the one for you. I don't know how it works at your school but my business teacher would assign a task sheet a week and we would go off and do it ourselves. It is a very indepdant subject but a lot of self motivation is needed to complete task, instead of going out on a weekend. I would recommend Business Studies A level/AS to everyone and anyone. If you work hard and type fast then yes defintley do it. If you do AQA there is also a written exam with is 33.3% of your grade so you may need to attend classes on that. I got an A in coursework 1 and A in coursework 2 and achieved the highest in school with a C in the exam (which is known for being a hard exam) so therefore don't worry about it affecting your grade. I really hope I didn't ramble too much and this answered your question. So yes! Do it if you can self motivation and can stick to deadlines don't if you cant. So for the question is it hard? NO the work isn't but the amount is. :smile::smile: Good luck x
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm just doing the AS so I can have a humanity... all my friends have told me unit 2 is very hard? Is this true? What is the best way to revise?

Thanks for all the replies guys! Mega mega helpful! :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by WishIHadRevised
I'm just doing the AS so I can have a humanity... all my friends have told me unit 2 is very hard? Is this true? What is the best way to revise?

Thanks for all the replies guys! Mega mega helpful! :biggrin:

I am guessing that you're taking the AS Business Studies with two exams at AS instead of coursework right?

I did AS Business last year and got a B. For Unit 1 I ended up with a D! Due to the fact I didn't revise the definitions properly nor did I know what Break-even was! Hahaha It was utterly terrible.

Managed to bag an A for BUSS2 though which is brill!

To be honest, BUSS1 should have been easier considering the fact you only have one case study to play with and questions which asks for definitions! Easy marks!

BUSS2 consists of two case studies which you will need to be able to sieve through and get all the relevant information. I suggest doing lots of past papers and just reading case studies and practicing a few questions. BUSS2 will be more challenging due to the time you get - which is why some people find it hard because honestly, two case studies can be overwhelming. Best thing to do is to prepare yourself though.

Learn your formula's as well. You can get up to 5 marks just for calculating a formula question. Learn the content and be prepared to analyse and evaluate. Those are where the marks come from most.

Just remember, you're marked on Application (bringing relevant info from case study back into answer) , Knowledge (formula's, keywords, relevant theory), Analysis and Evaluation.
I took business as a 4th option and it wasn't that bad really. Some bits are hard like the finance stuff
I wouldn't say that it's an easy subject because it's not, but saying that its not hard either. As the other respondents have said, Unit 1 is definition heavy & Unit 2 is a pre-released case study. As long as you revise key terms, Unit 1 will be a breeze. Unit 2, learn the key parts of the case study before your exam and you'll smash it. Good luck (if you decide to take it!!)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending