The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nosaer
Falcao is on loan, RVP is an injury away from retiring which leaves Rooney as your only best striker. If you wanted a young good striker for the future, you would have either kept or loaned Welbeck. Instead, you loaned Chicarito and kept Wilson.

He'll hopefully be a great player for us. He was a ****e player for United no lie. Used to laugh at you guys for having him. And then karma hit. :colonhash:

Wilson averages two goals every Premier League game. We're fine.

We've also got Fellaini to play up top.
Original post by fallen_acorns
25 goals in all compettions in his first season, would be a very very good first season at arsenal..

giroud had 17 in his first, and 22 in his second..

If he gets to 25, would be our buy of the season no question, and amazing value for 16m

Personally though, I expect him to get more like 15-20

Yeah maybe I got a bit carried away. 20 would be a great return for him and I expect him to keep Giroud out the side. He offers so much more than Giroud.
Original post by nosaer
Falcao is on loan, RVP is an injury away from retiring which leaves Rooney as your only best striker. If you wanted a young good striker for the future, you would have either kept or loaned Welbeck. Instead, you loaned Chicarito and kept Wilson.

He'll hopefully be a great player for us. He was a ****e player for United no lie. Used to laugh at you guys for having him. And then karma hit. :colonhash:

On loan with the option to buy. From reports it seems like we would've loaned Welbeck out but he wanted to leave completely. Wilson is highly rated too, constantly scoring in the reserves and youth teams and got 2 on his debut of course, and he's happier to sit on the bench than dat guy.
hnnng at pace. hngg at ospinas funky saves. hngg at king tomas.
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Yeah maybe I got a bit carried away. 20 would be a great return for him and I expect him to keep Giroud out the side. He offers so much more than Giroud.

I agree.. the pace he offers has been so missing ever since walcott became injured..

20 goals would be great :smile: Still think once he gets going falcao will score more then him in the league (maybe less overal though, due to fewer games)
good save a minute ago..
Reply 926
Where's wilshere's best position? On the turf. :colonhash:

Srs, he's got his mojo back. Happy for him.
Dat guy , it's dat guy!
rose-tinted glasses at the moment, given that we are winning.. but thinking about our summer buys:

I am actually really happy with the players we brought, sanchez is getting there.. he is still to wastefull, but he is getting the numbers, and scoring well for a forward wide player, 5 goals and 2 assists in his first 2 months is great.. welbeck has started positivly, but I still feel he needs more time until he hits more conisnsatncy.. chambers - Love the guy, he looks every bit the future of our defense.. 19 and showing such class.. and debuchy looked competant, as a stop-gap for sagna, until chambers or someone else comes along..

Its just the players we did not buy, that is frustraiting.. this team + a new defensive midfield player.. and some better defensive cover.. and well, how much better and more positive could we be right now?
ah cazorla.. would have been nice to see him get something.

Either way, a win is what was needed, and what we got.

Welbeck great.

Bring on chelsea..

Please play sanchez on the wing and ozil in the centre..
Still feel bad about not beating Spurs, because, well it's Spurs. But tonight really did make up for it.
Original post by nosaer
Let's not kid ourselves, there's a reason United sold him. Here's hoping he comes good, but I've always thought he's been ****.

And Schezzers is a dumbass. More than happy to see Ospina take his place. What a dumbass.

They sold him because they had Van Persie, Falcao, Rooney. Not really saying much considering the pedigree of that trio.
Reply 932
ah cazorla.. would have been nice to see him get something.

Either way, a win is what was needed, and what we got.

Welbeck great.

Bring on chelsea..

Please play sanchez on the wing and ozil in the centre..

Cazorla was absolutely brilliant. Him + Ozil in the middle worked so sexually.

Last year we lacked pace from everywhere.. This is it's like DAMN

& after the international break Walcott returns too
Ospina made some classss saves tonight..Woj's erratic actions are so annoying
Original post by SHOO
Cazorla was absolutely brilliant. Him + Ozil in the middle worked so sexually.

Last year we lacked pace from everywhere.. This is it's like DAMN

& after the international break Walcott returns too

If walcott can come back and hit the form he used to have.. then my days, I may actually be confident agianst better teams..

Wilshire - Ox
Walcot - Ozil - Sanchez
Welbeck

Put that against any team in the bottom 10, and just flatten them before they can score anything..
Original post by deborarosa
Ospina made some classss saves tonight..Woj's erratic actions are so annoying

Chesney is just **** at times tbh, and great at other times. He is too Barthez for my liking.
Reply 936
If walcott can come back and hit the form he used to have.. then my days, I may actually be confident agianst better teams..

Wilshire - Ox
Walcot - Ozil - Sanchez
Welbeck

Put that against any team in the bottom 10, and just flatten them before they can score anything..

Course he will, give him a two-three games, and he will - he always does.

Tbf, I don't give a **** about going Stamford bridge. I'd rather us beat Liverpool at anfield (despirately want this), not too worried about the return fixture, they're not good at the emirates, and perhaps get a point from Chelsea at home + City away. 3rd would be a good season for us given Chelsea's strength & city's depth. That + maybe retaining the FA Cup + going further than the final 16 in the CL will be progress well made.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Lmao is this what it's come to

I was srs.

Original post by Juan Mata
Nah he's just a lazy ****er

Bit mean.
He's poor physically losing challenges half the time.

Original post by sevchenko
Or maybe he's just a bit tired. Talk about jumping to conclusions

You always think I'm jumping to conclusions, it was a perfectly logical question. Why is he not a human being?
Reply 938
Original post by Tom_Ford
Chesney is just **** at times tbh, and great at other times. He is too Barthez for my liking.

Wenger should drop him. He's way too comfortable and acts so immaturely at times, and then does that dumb smile when he has near misses. He's got talent but isn't disciplined enough IMO.

Thing with Ospina is that he looks like a chap that thrives on form, much like Ozil. He looked a bit nervous in the soton game & often effd up. If he becomes a regular and has an off day then we're beyond ****ed. He's talented but I think he needs more confidence
Reply 939
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce

I've said time & time again though, that Giroud is the perfect sub. He offers something different & can be used to either slow and hold up play up top and/or add something new. You know, a 4-4-2 thing.

Hope welbz does keep him out, giroud is the perfect substitute striker

Latest