The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Seriously, Rodgers had to do something. The way everything is going, he'll be fighting to save his job soon. 09/10 season all over again. It's vital Lpool qualify for the CL this season or else another slump will follow.
You guys really need a win this weekend.. to go into the break with atleast a bit of confidence..

West brom should be a good test though, given they have just won 3 in a row..

Anything but a win, and will be really worrying for you guys.. I mean sturridge is back, but that is just so many dropped points, its going to make it tough to make up..
Tottenham v2
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Seriously, Rodgers had to do something. The way everything is going, he'll be fighting to save his job soon. 09/10 season all over again. It's vital Lpool qualify for the CL this season or else another slump will follow.

Honestly the main reason why Liverpool dropped so badly was because of the previous owners who ****ed up the club. The slump won't be as bad as before but it will still be pretty **** so yh, Liverpool have to qualify.
I've been laughing at United winning against sub-par teams but we seem to be losing to them week in week out. Laughable really. basel were ****ing ****e, we just managed to be worse.
Yup you lot aren't making the CL knockouts.

why aren't we?
if we lose to madrid twice and beat ludogorets and basel, we go through second with 9 points (provided we score enough goals to beat basel on H2H)
not saying that will happen but it's still in our hands even after we get 0/6 from real madrid.

Original post by samir12
Sterling was **** but you cannot rely on a 19 year old to be playing game after game, I'm more worried about Rodgers ****ing up Sterling than Hodgson atm. Sterling has to be rested on Saturday with Sturridge coming on for 90 minutes and getting a "knock" after the game, Hodgson can **** off.

Ballo needs to be dropped to teach him a lesson, Lambert would do a better job.

we spurned some real opporunities
would've won that match comfortably if sturridge was playing instead of balotelli, not even kidding; there's just THAT much disparity between them.

sterling is a prodigy but rodgers is relying wayyyyy too much on a 19 year old kid to carry our team.
if we don't get 3 points on saturday i'm gonna have to go on a rampage.

i know, terrifying thought...
Original post by Stopmessing
Tottenham v2

You are being very kind to Liverpool tbh...
Original post by Lúcio
why aren't we?
if we lose to madrid twice and beat ludogorets and basel, we go through second with 9 points (provided we score enough goals to beat basel on H2H)
not saying that will happen but it's still in our hands even after we get 0/6 from real madrid.

we spurned some real opporunities
would've won that match comfortably if sturridge was playing instead of balotelli, not even kidding; there's just THAT much disparity between them.

sterling is a prodigy but rodgers is relying wayyyyy too much on a 19 year old kid to carry our team.

If Basel beat Ludo twice then it's more or less over. They'll just park the bus at Anfield and judging by how Liverpool are going about their business this season, you lot struggle to open up defence and teams who put 10 men behind the ball. Maybe it's a bit far fetched saying it's over but it really does look worrying.

Original post by samir12
Honestly the main reason why Liverpool dropped so badly was because of the previous owners who ****ed up the club. The slump won't be as bad as before but it will still be pretty **** so yh, Liverpool have to qualify.

Yeah fair enough but it's vital you qualify for the CL. United still don't look convincing yet but since we're playing one game a week, I can see us taking that 4th spot ahead of you lot.
Original post by Lúcio

It's not, you're assuming Basel will get 0 too
Original post by Stopmessing
Barnsley B-team

fixed.

If Basel beat Ludo twice then it's more or less over. They'll just park the bus at Anfield and judging by how Liverpool are going about their business this season, you lot struggle to open up defence and teams who put 10 men behind the ball. Maybe it's a bit far fetched saying it's over but it really does look worrying.

it isn't over until it's mathematically done.
at anfield even if they park the bus, they aren't chelsea.
if it were make or break, we'd try our best at least.

ludogorets look the 2nd best team in the group yet they have 0 points...

Yeah fair enough but it's vital you qualify for the CL. United still don't look convincing yet but since we're playing one game a week, I can see us taking that 4th spot ahead of you lot.

If Liverpool don't get top 4, with the amount of money and pull the top 4 have you can see them being left behind, like the mid-late 2000s where there was a defined big 4 every season.
That was a very crap game. Passing was really **** at times, creativity was none-existent and our strike force (if we can even call it that) was extremely poor.

Sterling looks absolutely tired, he hasn't been up to scratch for the past few games-lots of wayward passing. He really needs a rest soon. Such a shame we are relying on a 19 year old so heavily now to help us get out of this rut, the other players need to step up.

I'm still hopeful we will see the best of Balotelli once he can form a partnership with Sturridge. But up front all alone he is not good enough, he just slows the game down which is the opposite of how we like to attack or he takes lots of needless shots when there's a player in a better position than him.
Original post by Juan Mata
It's not, you're assuming Basel will get 0 too

from madrid?
yes.

if basel beat liverpool and ludogorets twice but lose to liverpool and madrid twice, they end up on 9 points
if we beat basel and ludogorets twice but lose to madrid twice, we end up on 9 points.
then it's just down to H2H or whatever.

a lot of big ifs though - ludogorets aren't pushovers and it will be tough for liverpool and basel to beat them away.
Still think you'll make it. Anfield is intimidating especially for foreign teams, I think Basel will lose at the other end, same with Ludo even away. Not sure about your chances with Real but no worse than Basel. Not to mention I can see Ludo getting something against Basel in one of their games. Plus you have better GD, and I think you'll fair better against Madrid than Basel will, so you'll either do it on points or GD.
Original post by Lúcio
from madrid?
yes.

if basel beat liverpool and ludogorets twice but lose to liverpool and madrid twice, they end up on 9 points
if we beat basel and ludogorets twice but lose to madrid twice, we end up on 9 points.

a lot of big ifs though - ludogorets aren't pushovers and it will be tough for liverpool and basel to beat them away.

Just saying that's like the definition of 'not in your hands' if you're relying on 2 games elsewhere going your way :tongue:
Original post by Lúcio
fixed.

it isn't over until it's mathematically done.
at anfield even if they park the bus, they aren't chelsea.
if it were make or break, we'd try our best at least.

ludogorets look the 2nd best team in the group yet they have 0 points...

That's the thing though. In CL group stages you don't have to be the best team but you have to be effective in getting points on the board. Well, you can look on the Brightside though since if you get knocked out the group stages you can concentrate solely on the league
Original post by Fizzel
Still think you'll make it. Anfield is intimidating especially for foreign teams, I think Basel will lose at the other end, same with Ludo even away. Not sure about your chances with Real but no worse than Basel. Not to mention I can see Ludo getting something against Basel in one of their games. Plus you have better GD, and I think you'll fair better against Madrid than Basel will, so you'll either do it on points or GD.

It's head to head rather than GD afaik, so it may come down to them needing to win by 2 against Basel
Original post by Lúcio
from madrid?
yes.

If Basel beat Liverpool and Ludo twice, it's 12 points not 9 :lolwut:
If Basel beat Ludogorets in both legs they will beat this poor Liverpool with ease at Anfield. All this 'atmosphere' talk is nonsense.
Basel could have easily scored 2-3 more had they been more clinical.

Quick Reply

Latest