The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

i told my form tutor about my stress. he gave me a list of everything i need to do by monday.its on 2 sides of a4
Talking to mum on the phone by the bus stop and someone driving/turning onto my side of the road goes close to the pavement/stop and either spits or spills/throws some liquid at me :s-smilie: Glad I was in phone because I didn't really react at all. Not sure what it was though :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lauraaaaa
:frown: mentally and physically ****ed, im so exhausted! i need to learn to cook as well because I've been eating such a **** diet :frown:

At least cooking is easy to learn. Just start with some receipts (e.g. from a good cooking book) and then you will get a feeling for it. You can also make your own, asking others to write receipts in it for their favorite every day dishes.

Original post by Team_McDreamy
counsellor has given me a weekly timetable and says i need to force myself to do things i used to like, even if i don't like it any more. also have to make a tally of all my negative thoughts, which is going to be ginormous because even on the walk home i had a mantra of "you're an idiot you suck you're ugly you're fat" repeating in my head so i don't know how much to count that for in my tally :frown:

:console: Forcing yourself... the hardest part.

Original post by Team_McDreamy
i think he meant it in terms of the levels of neurotransmitters but it came out sounding like mania, which is why i don't think he was wrong per say, but he could have worded it differently?

I know to less about neurotransmitters to make any decent comment.
and i've had some of these thoughts for as long as i can remember, i don't know who i was before i had them :frown: like my mum recalls me having a massive freak out and crying and having a panic attack before my year 2 SATs when i was 7, so i was majorly concerned with not disappointing my parents and being perfect so far back that i don't know what it'd be like not being like that :erm: part of the exercise is to identify the negative thought and replace with a helpful thought - which is really hard for me because I've always thought of my negative thoughts as helpful thoughts because they push me to achieve high grades and things :/

Yeah, but there is a different to panik before your SATs and stay like that forever, wether you have SATs or not. Of course negative thoughty can be helpful, but the differences lies in the actions we take and how we call ourselves all the time. Another way you could put it, is productive worries and non-productive worries. You could also try to think of it, as you would be your own teacher. How would you think a good teacher has to teach his students? Probably not by telling them how bad their are all the day long and punishing them for every fault, in and out study time?
Original post by Nathanielle
At least cooking is easy to learn. Just start with some receipts (e.g. from a good cooking book) and then you will get a feeling for it. You can also make your own, asking others to write receipts in it for their favorite every day dishes.

It's called a recipe :biggrin: A receipt is what you get when you buy something in a store. :smile:

Original post by purple-duck
Talking to mum on the phone by the bus stop and someone driving/turning onto my side of the road goes close to the pavement/stop and either spits or spills/throws some liquid at me :s-smilie: Glad I was in phone because I didn't really react at all. Not sure what it was though :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've experienced someone throwing something at me from a car too. Something is seriously wrong with some people. :s-smilie: Hopefully it didn't hit you.
Original post by Sabertooth
It's called a recipe :biggrin: A receipt is what you get when you buy something in a store. :smile:

I've experienced someone throwing something at me from a car too. Something is seriously wrong with some people. :s-smilie: Hopefully it didn't hit you.

Deutsch :biggrin: I remember getting confused between the two myself when going from English to German :colondollar:

Unfortunately it did :frown: I'm not that upset by it, though definitely going to be more careful next time I'm by a bus stop... - mostly just annoying cos I think it smells slightly maybe? So I guess something alcohol-y. Got on zipped-hoodie and jeans a bit, hope it doesn't get too sticky :/

How're you? :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Uapsi....:colondollar::giggle::giggle:Thanks! Prescription, recipe, receipt ... get into my longterm memory ...
Deutsch :biggrin: I remember getting confused between the two myself when going from English to German :colondollar:

Unfortunately it did :frown: I'm not that upset by it, though definitely going to be more careful next time I'm by a bus stop... - mostly just annoying cos I think it smells slightly maybe? So I guess something alcohol-y. Got on zipped-hoodie and jeans a bit, hope it doesn't get too sticky :/

How're you? :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ergh how annoying. :console: You're probably right not to let it upset you, I'd be really angry but yeah it's pointless letting it wind you up. I guess just throw them in the wash and hope it doesn't stain. :dontknow:

I'm pretty good thanks. :smile: Really sore from a killer hockey practice on monday but I've got more hockey tonight and tomorrow so gonna have to suck it up and get on with it. I love how much I can play here - really hoping it helps me lose the quetiapine weight. :crossedf:

Uapsi....:colondollar::giggle::giggle:Thanks! Prescription, recipe, receipt ... get into my longterm memory ...

Are the two words similar in German?
Ach. My existence is quite ridiculous.
Ergh how annoying. :console: You're probably right not to let it upset you, I'd be really angry but yeah it's pointless letting it wind you up. I guess just throw them in the wash and hope it doesn't stain. :dontknow:

I'm pretty good thanks. :smile: Really sore from a killer hockey practice on monday but I've got more hockey tonight and tomorrow so gonna have to suck it up and get on with it. I love how much I can play here - really hoping it helps me lose the quetiapine weight. :crossedf:

Too intimidated I think to get angry over it :s-smilie: :redface: Though was thinking I wish I had super strength and just throw a stick through their back window :unimpressed: But alas not... :emo: Just a sad truth that people do that sort of stuff sometimes :/

That sounds really great :biggrin: Hopefully a good sort of sore? :redface: As in obviously sore is bad, but like there's a reason behind it and it was because (hopefully) you were having a good time playing hockey! :smile: I hope it clears up/gets better soon though :console: If its too much then do say to someone/can have a half off or something?
That sounds really awesome though :smile: everyone still being friendly?

IIRC, "receipt"/something similar in German means recipe (in English)
Don't know about others though :smile:

Original post by ScaryScience

:hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

That happened to me on Sunday, well not from a car but someone threw a pint of (I assume) beer over someone else when I was walking the dog through town, but it went all over me instead :unimpressed: It'd be worse from a car though if you don't know what it was :eek: Any chance you can wash whatever you were wearing before you wear them again?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Too intimidated I think to get angry over it :s-smilie: :redface: Though was thinking I wish I had super strength and just throw a stick through their back window :unimpressed: But alas not... :emo: Just a sad truth that people do that sort of stuff sometimes :/

That sounds really great :biggrin: Hopefully a good sort of sore? :redface: As in obviously sore is bad, but like there's a reason behind it and it was because (hopefully) you were having a good time playing hockey! :smile: I hope it clears up/gets better soon though :console: If its too much then do say to someone/can have a half off or something?
That sounds really awesome though :smile: everyone still being friendly?

IIRC, "receipt"/something similar in German means recipe (in English)
Don't know about others though :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully one day they do it to the wrong person and get their comeuppance. :evil:

Yeah, it's definitely a good kind of sore (or as good as not being able to lift my arms above my head can be :tongue: )- means I put effort in and had a good practice. And yeah, it's great; everyone is still being incredibly friendly, I think I might actually have made my first friends in several years! :colondollar:

Ah ok. I did German in school but remember next to nothing of it.

How's the lectures going?

The German words for prescription and recipe is the same, Rezept. It is written similar to receipt, but of course concerning the pronunciation, there is no reason to write receipt instead of recipe, as both pronunciations differ from the German one. (Although I haven't really known the meaning of receipt, just assumed it is the same, ... :colondollar:)

Original post by ScaryScience

You can allways say that our existence is ridiculous, but our existence is defined by small things and interactions, not by outstanding stuff, the latter are just add-ons.
The German words for prescription and recipe is the same, Rezept. It is written similar to receipt, but of course concerning the pronunciation, there is no reason to write receipt instead of recipe, as both pronunciations differ from the German one. (Although I haven't really known the meaning of receipt, just assumed it is the same, ... :colondollar:)

Interesting, I learn something new everyday. :smile:
I'm actually getting my hair cut tomorrow. :redface: I booked an appointment for the morning at our local place. I know this doesn't sound like a big deal but it is for me. :colondollar: I think its been over a year since I last had it cut and its going to be the first time I've ventured outsife my "safe bubble" in over three weeks. :redface: Also I'm frightened they'll be judge-y becsuse I look VERY anxious and scared at the moment and I'm all pale and ill looking because I havent been eating/sleeping. :sad: Which is making my anxiety worse. :redface:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by tasha96
I'm actually getting my hair cut tomorrow. :redface: I booked an appointment for the morning at our local place. I know this doesn't sound like a big deal but it is for me. :colondollar: I think its been over a year since I last had it cut and its going to be the first time I've ventured outsife mu "

Haircuts are a big deal for me too. We'll done for booking it and hope it all goes well tomorrow :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well I'm half way through my second week at University and things still seem to be going OK which must be a miracle given what I went through before I started this course. Still not made any friends to speak of but that doesn't bother me so much at the moment. I'm just trying to keep my head down and to get the work done.

Having trouble with sleep again though which is annoying. I'm meant to be asleep right now as I have an early start in the morning but I doubt that that will happen now. I guess I'll just try and do the best I can.

Hope you are all well :smile:.
Original post by Valvopus
Haircuts are a big deal for me too. We'll done for booking it and hope it all goes well tomorrow :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks lovely. :redface: :hugs: I'm actually at the being sick stage of anxious which is ridiculous for someone my age. :colondollar:
Original post by McNuggetsAhoy

Having trouble with sleep again though which is annoying. I'm meant to be asleep right now as I have an early start in the morning but I doubt that that will happen now. I guess I'll just try and do the best I can.

Same as me. :console:
Original post by McNuggetsAhoy
Well I'm half way through my second week at University and things still seem to be going OK which must be a miracle given what I went through before I started this course. Still not made any friends to speak of but that doesn't bother me so much at the moment. I'm just trying to keep my head down and to get the work done.

Hope you are all well :smile:.

Sounds good man. :smile: Have you joined any societies? might be an idea to help balance out the work side of things.
feel very impulsive. very tempted to be extreme and do harmful things. lets face it this is too **** for words

Latest