The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fallen_acorns
also.. not a chance I am captaining costa against arsenal.. no matter how many points I loose..

So my choices are:

Pelle.. not a great fixture..
Welbeck.. awful fixture..
Di maria.. let me down last week..
Sanchez.. awful fixture..

Or someone more risky.

Hmm.. Wish I had aguaro, would captain him, and hope they follow arsenal and chelsea and get a decent haul against villa..

Just captain Costa, you're not letting your team down for doing so...
sticking with costa

what's to say he won't turn up in the big game?
it's too risky that i don't captain him and then chelsea win 5-0
plus there's nobody else that would be worth cpataining since all the big teams except liverpool have tough games.
Original post by Isometrix
Just captain Costa, you're not letting your team down for doing so...

I know, but I don't like doing it because it rules out the perfect weekend.. Arsenal beating Chelsea and me doing great on FF = perfect football weekend... So I don't want my captain choice to stop that chance
I know, but I don't like doing it because it rules out the perfect weekend.. Arsenal beating Chelsea and me doing great on FF = perfect football weekend... So I don't want my captain choice to stop that chance

Well chances are Arsenal are going to lose and if Costa scores you'll feel somewhat less dejected :dontknow:
Original post by Isometrix
Well chances are Arsenal are going to lose and if Costa scores you'll feel somewhat less dejected :dontknow:

Guess it comes down to whether you would prefer to keep the chance of a perfect weekend open.. or whether you want to minimize the risk of an awful one.
captain choice made..

Few other choices made that I am quite happy with as well :smile: hope it all pays off.. Need to give a bit more pressure to the lad in first :cool:
Has to be Aguero for me. I can't see Chelsea v Arsenal being the thrashing it was last season.

United v Everton could be FPL gold though. Two great attacks and two poor defences.
Original post by sr90
Has to be Aguero for me. I can't see Chelsea v Arsenal being the thrashing it was last season.

United v Everton could be FPL gold though. Two great attacks and two poor defences.

I thought that with liverpool everton last week.. so really dont know this week.

I cant see united scoring less then 2, which makes me very tempted by di maria..

If I had aguaro would do the same as you though..
I thought that with liverpool everton last week.. so really dont know this week.

I cant see united scoring less then 2, which makes me very tempted by di maria..

If I had aguaro would do the same as you though..

There is potential for Di Maria vs Hibbert :coma:

Although Everton fans will rightly think the same about Lukaku running at Rojo/McNair.
Captain choice out of Balotelli, Sterling, Di Maria or Costa. Really don't know as Balo is not playing well but he does have an easy fixture. Sterling is on form with an easy fixture but he has played a lot recently and could realistically be dropped. Di Maria is playing well and Everton have a terrible defence but United are so unpredictable (0-0 vs Burnley.) Costa is on fire but he played midweek which means he could be benched or at least subbed off and it is a hard game.
It is a tough choice and atm I am leaning towards Sterling even though West Brom have picked up recently.
Original post by Alex Doran
Captain choice out of Balotelli, Sterling, Di Maria or Costa. Really don't know as Balo is not playing well but he does have an easy fixture. Sterling is on form with an easy fixture but he has played a lot recently and could realistically be dropped. Di Maria is playing well and Everton have a terrible defence but United are so unpredictable (0-0 vs Burnley.) Costa is on fire but he played midweek which means he could be benched or at least subbed off and it is a hard game.
It is a tough choice and atm I am leaning towards Sterling even though West Brom have picked up recently.

He was awful last night, looked knackered and short on confidence but who can blame him when he's played 5 hours of football in the past 7 days. The guy is 19 years old and he's having to carry Liverpool at the moment, that is a huge burden. Reminds me of Januzaj playing for us last season. He needs a break and I can't see him playing the full game on Saturday. .

Huge risk to captain him imo. Could pay off but could easily end up with 2pts.
Original post by Alex Doran

balotelli is awful right now; might get a goal but if he did it would be more luck than him playing well.
sterling has played loads recently so he might not get a full game, especially since he's going to international games too, not to mention he was terrible yesterday.
di maria is a good shout although the issue is that united could score a few and he might not be involved at all like last week.
costa for me is the best shout - if he turns up you get a treasure chest of points but if he doesn't, most other people won't get the jump on you since they'll likely captain him too.

if i had aguero i'd captain him instead, but just can't afford that guy without taking a 4 point hit :/

i would say from your options, the best choice would be: costa, sterling, di maria, balotelli (in that order)
do you reckon it's worth doing the following:

ivanovic to azpilicueta (would be starting)
ramsey to jedinak (would be 1st sub)
both to free up funds for welbeck to aguero with a 4 point hit overall?
i need to get rid of ramsey but my problem is that ivanovic is a pricey but solid defender for the full season, not to mention that welbeck isn't exactly in bad form and aguero just costs too damn much!

alternatively i could do a straight swap of ramsey to silva and have 1 FT remaining to run over to next week
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio

i need to get rid of ramsey but my problem is that ivanovic is a pricey but solid defender for the full season, not to mention that welbeck isn't exactly in bad form and aguero just costs too damn much!

alternatively i could do a straight swap of ramsey to silva and have 1 FT remaining to run over to next week

Welbeck will hit fantastic form very soon. He got a hat trick the other night and he has a decent strike rate for England. The Chelsea game is a probable blank for him but after that he has a great run. I would stand by him if I already had him and I will be putting him in after the Chelsea game.
I would get rid of Ramsey tonight due to inevitable price drops soon and there are some good options such as Tadic at a cheaper price.
Original post by Lúcio

After Chelsea this weekend, Welbeck has got a great run of midtable teams all the way into December. I think he's a good pick. Would probably do Ramsey to Jedinak (presuming you've got four better mids). Then you could look to do Aguero in for your third striker or Welbeck (assuming Costa, Welbeck and other mid-level striker atm (Pelle?)) later down the line if you feel the need.
Original post by Prandtl
After Chelsea this weekend, Welbeck has got a great run of midtable teams all the way into December. I think he's a good pick. Would probably do Ramsey to Jedinak (presuming you've got four better mids). Then you could look to do Aguero in for your third striker or Welbeck (assuming Costa, Welbeck and other mid-level striker atm (Pelle?)) later down the line if you feel the need.

i have sterling/ADM/siggy/fabregas in midfield already
up front i have welbeck/costa/ulloa
was gonna change to cattermole but i thought for an extra 0.3m jedinak would be a much better first sub

i can't afford upgrading ulloa since he's a cheap (albeit good value) striker
i suppose i could swap to jedinak and bench him for this week and play ulloa since leicester are playing burnley at home
keep extra funds to maybe change things around next week

i think the question is pelle or ulloa (if you take in to account the price of each)?
Sterling -> Fabregas
Costa -> Falcao

or

Sigurdsson -> Fabregas
Costa -> Pelle

or

Sigurdsson -> Fabregas
Terry -> Neil Taylor

as you can see I have to get rid of a Chelsea player to get Fabregas in.

hmm
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio
i have sterling/ADM/siggy/fabregas in midfield already
up front i have welbeck/costa/ulloa
was gonna change to cattermole but i thought for an extra 0.3m jedinak would be a much better first sub

i can't afford upgrading ulloa since he's a cheap (albeit good value) striker
i suppose i could swap to jedinak and bench him for this week and play ulloa since leicester are playing burnley at home
keep extra funds to maybe change things around next week

i think the question is pelle or ulloa (if you take in to account the price of each)?

Your current front seven plus another big-mid would be too much imo. Would lead to too many benching dilemmas. Ulloa's shown he's good enough to be a starting fantasy player most gameweeks.

Original post by Juan Mata
Sterling -> Fabregas
Costa -> Falcao

or

Sigurdsson -> Fabregas
Costa -> Pelle

or

Sigurdsson -> Fabregas
Terry -> Neil Taylor

hmm

Sigurdsson and Terry to Fab and Naylor. Must keep Costa.
Original post by Juan Mata
Sterling -> Fabregas
Costa -> Falcao

or

Sigurdsson -> Fabregas
Costa -> Pelle

or

Sigurdsson -> Fabregas
Terry -> Neil Taylor

hmm

sterling will be a consistent points scorer all season
costa is easily more efficient than falcao
the first option would be awesome if you wanted to score much less points :wink:

the third option is by far the smartest.
as somebody mentioned, do not get rid of costa.
fabregas would be a solid addition if you don't have him

Original post by Prandtl
Your current front seven plus another big-mid would be too much imo. Would lead to too many benching dilemmas. Ulloa's shown he's good enough to be a starting fantasy player most gameweeks.

fair play, maybe i'll invest the money generated from ramsey to improving my defence and keeper
feels really weird having 4.2m in the bank
although there isn't really anybody i could upgrade significantly without taking a points hits
defenders are too cheap and inconsistent to bother taking a penalty for and my front 7 are already solid

if welbeck doesn't work out, i'll just upgrade to sturridge or aguero at some point
(edited 9 years ago)
Captain is set on welbeck at the moment.. vice captain Di maria..

May regain my sense before saturday.. we will see.

Quick Reply

Latest