decrease

any reason why? i heard they were separate departments
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 141
Original post by Millerman
any reason why? i heard they were separate departments

First of all, you personal statement will not be tailored. Second of all, they will still see, and this, combined with the first point, shows that you don't care about the course but only about getting into the prestigious London School of Economics... And, as you can guess, they would rather not have somebody like that, but instead somebody who truly cares about Management/Economics studies.
Original post by paparx
Thanks for your reply.
Me and the guy who runs the fund play tennis at the same club and by the sounds of how many people dream to work for a hedge fund you could say I am lucky to have met him in a non-working environment. It's not one of those fancy 10+ billion $ funds so it's not a big deal.

I did history, photography, art and psychology, like I said useless subjects, but who would have taught I would one day want to take a different route in my life. I did ok, some c's and b's, but I wasn't amazing, probably because I wasn't revising or finding the subjects as interesting as I had imagined when I first picked them.

I had a look at the entry requirements at lse website and I know what they say about economics + business studies, but like I said there were no better subjects I could have chosen at the time.

I have read somewhere that they do consider mature students with unorthodox qualifications given that they have some kind of relevant work experience (why I though I would mention working at a HF next summer) and that they put together a strong personal statement (which I hope I could do) and I thought that self teaching would show that I am capable of learning, have the discipline an so on.

Don't get me wrong, I am not dying to get into lse, there are plenty of other good universities out there who I hope would be happy to have me, but lse has got an incredible reputation and I just wanted to see if I stood a chance of getting in with my modest achievements.

Work experience and extra curriculars count for jack **** when applying for UK unis, it's all about academics. However they do help when looking for employment.
Submitted my app for IR yesterday, but I have a typo in my PS. All my qualifications and the rest of my PS seem to be very good. Do you think that typo will really hurt? I accidentally omitted an "is" in my first sentence.
Reply 144
I'm applying to do Politics and IR, but I'm not entirely convinced I'll receive an offer. I got AAAB at AS, and I've been predicted to get AAA at A2, but my GCSE's aren't amazing. I got A*AAAABCCCC.

I think my personal statement is quite good, mainly as I've done a fairly large amount of political related activities; asking Miliband something that would eventually become policy, and inviting Nick Clegg into my school and appearing on ITV along with him.

Will I get an offer?
Original post by tlunn223
Submitted my app for IR yesterday, but I have a typo in my PS. All my qualifications and the rest of my PS seem to be very good. Do you think that typo will really hurt? I accidentally omitted an "is" in my first sentence.

Original post by Nadav
I'm applying to do Politics and IR, but I'm not entirely convinced I'll receive an offer. I got AAAB at AS, and I've been predicted to get AAA at A2, but my GCSE's aren't amazing. I got A*AAAABCCCC.

I think my personal statement is quite good, mainly as I've done a fairly large amount of political related activities; asking Miliband something that would eventually become policy, and inviting Nick Clegg into my school and appearing on ITV along with him.

Will I get an offer?

I sent my UCAS off yesterday too. Just wondering if LSE has sent you an acknowledgement email confirming their receipt of your application?
Reply 146
Original post by punkhippie
I sent my UCAS off yesterday too. Just wondering if LSE has sent you an acknowledgement email confirming their receipt of your application?

I sent mine at the end of last week and haven't received any acknowledgement
Original post by ee123
I sent mine at the end of last week and haven't received any acknowledgement

Same. Only King's and Edinburgh have sent me anything.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 148
Original post by tlunn223
Same. Only King's and Edinburgh have sent me anything.

I've only got an acknowledgement from Leeds! UCAS does say not all unis send them, I just hate this waiting.
Is anyone expecting to get a reply the week they submit their UCAS form? If that is possible I may have some incentive to do some of it haha
Considering applying to do law. Got 10A*'s at GCSE and 4A's at AS. Predicted A*AAA at A2. Will most applicants be predicted better? And do LSE ask for UMS?
Would like to study accounting and finance. Got 8 A* and 3 As in Gcses, 4 As in AS, for maths, economics, biology and chemistry. Predicted grades are A*A*A*A (A for chemistry- not dropping any subjects). Got 100% in one economic modules and for maths all modules above 90% in AS.Do i have a chance?
I sent my UCAS off yesterday for Politics and IR! I got 9 A*s 1 A and 1 B at GCSE then AAAB at AS and I'm predicted A*AAA for A2, UCL is my top uni but if I get an offer from LSE I would still be ecstatic.
Reply 153
Original post by annanoon918
Would like to study accounting and finance. Got 8 A* and 3 As in Gcses, 4 As in AS, for maths, economics, biology and chemistry. Predicted grades are A*A*A*A (A for chemistry- not dropping any subjects). Got 100% in one economic modules and for maths all modules above 90% in AS.Do i have a chance?

Don't you know it already?
Got an email from lse today acknowledging my application for ir. They said they will keep me updated and should email back within 2 weeks. My track went live 2 weeks ago today.
Just sent my application today. Applying for the new PPE course. I'm a Scottish applicant and am also applying to Oxford, UCL, St Andrews and Edinburgh. Edinburgh gave recognition same day.
Reply 156
Original post by megan97
Got an email from lse today acknowledging my application for ir. They said they will keep me updated and should email back within 2 weeks. My track went live 2 weeks ago today.

I got that email today too! :smile:
Reply 157
Did everyone mention a book from LSE's preliminary reading list in their personal statement?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it worth applying to LSE for economics with Maths,Economics and Biology (Prediction A*A*A*)
My school doesn't offer Further Maths
Do LSE or UCL do interviews or ask for extra information or is it simply the UCAS application that they consider?

Quick Reply

Latest