The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Wonder how different it would have been if you used your money wisely and bought some WC players
Original post by Lúcio
love how there's barely any trolling.

people are starting to pity us.
we're united under moyes all over again:dry:

Expect Rodgers to at least do something about it, unlike Moyes:mad:
You lot are embarrassing.

Guardian, Telegraph and Mirror saying Sturridge close to signing £150k/wk contract.
Original post by mr tim
Guardian, Telegraph and Mirror saying Sturridge close to signing £150k/wk contract.
Yeah little bit surprised he's agreed to it tbh. Another good season and another year gone, I'd have thought he'd have been in line for Suarez's old pay packet.

£150k p/w incentivised, seems a bit **** at 25 tbh. That means his best years, assuming standard 5 year deal, are spent on half of what Rooney extracts from us.
Reply 3425
If this were last season I would be all over this result, I guess Luke is right lol.
''If youre having CL problems I feel bad for you son, I've been in 17 CL groups and qualified from every single one.''

The Europa aint so bad, you can discover the delights of Albanian and Czech football. Might be a struggle given the problems Bulgaria and Switzerland's finest are posing! :wink:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3427
Original post by Zürich
''If youre having CL problems I feel bad for you son, I've been in 17 CL groups and qualified from every single one.''

The Europa aint so bad, you can discover the delights of Albanian and Czech football. Might be a struggle given the problems Bulgaria and Switzerland's finest are posing! :wink:

Gratataaaa
Original post by SHOO
Gratataaaa

Dont the dole giros come in on Thursdays anyway? The scousers will absolutely love it. Everton and Liverpool fighting the British corner in the Europa, whilst fighting it out between them for next years Europa place. Lav it,.
Reply 3429
Original post by Zürich
Dont the dole giros come in on Thursdays anyway? The scousers will absolutely love it. Everton and Liverpool fighting the British corner in the Europa, whilst fighting it out between them for next years Europa place. Lav it,.

It's true. That'll spice up the old mersyside derbies.

http://youtu.be/jznTqWgcq_8

Lolololol
Original post by SHOO
It's true. That'll spice up the old mersyside derbies.

http://youtu.be/jznTqWgcq_8

Lolololol

The state of the street style in Liverpool. Rock up to Anfield in your trackie and for no obvious reason, an Ajax cap.

Guy has clearly been on the smaccccccccccckkkkkkkkkk
Original post by mr tim

that's much cheaper than i expected considering how much some of the top players get.
he's clearly our best player yet as somebody mentioned he's getting half of rooney as a fair deal less than suarez was on.
then again, i couldn't care less what he gets paid as long as he stays at our club and plays good football :smile:

let's just move on from another terrible night and look ahead to saturday.
Original post by Zürich

At least Liverpool fans have seen their team win a European trophy, remind me what Arsenal have done in Europe?
Original post by sr90
At least Liverpool fans have seen their team win a European trophy, remind me what Arsenal have done in Europe?

das it - arsenal fans acting like they're a trophy team:cool:

backed by a united fan.
are we really that bad?:facepalm2:
Original post by Zürich
''If youre having CL problems I feel bad for you son, I've been in 17 CLs and never won one.''

Fixed. Again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
question: Ive seen this debate floating around twitter..Is Rodgers a better manager than Wenger?
Original post by sr90

Well there is something to be said for consistency as well. We might not have hit all the highs that Liverpool have hit, but we've certainly avoided many of their lows(and Utd, Chelsea and City's actually). Winning isnt the entire story in any case. Holland never won the WC, but they're pretty much always at the top table of world football :wink:
Original post by deborarosa
question: Ive seen this debate floating around twitter..Is Rodgers a better manager than Wenger?

Well I'm obviously bias but I think you're comparing a legend of football management(multiple titles, ability to build top teams on no budget, ability to develop young players) to someone who has looked at times like a top manager.

Personally I think Rodgers got overhyped last season because of Luis Suarez's ability more than his. Give Wenger Suarez last season then I fully expect him to win the title tbh.

Having said that Wenger is an old man now, someone stuck in his ways whilst football has moved on. He's like a piece of beautiful French film noir from the 1960s. You can still appreciate it even if you know that those days are over. And then, just every now and again, they still manage to inspire in a way that a 2014 blockbuster could not, even if just for a beautiful, fleeting moment.

(edited 9 years ago)
Lololol.

Das it...I'm too tired.
Original post by addylad

(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply