The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by superwolf
It's at a place called Start in Salford - they do arts on prescription courses where you do six weeks at a time of all different activities. So far I've done art (didn't get on with it, not artistic enough :tongue:), willow weaving (made a basket!), bag making and now textiles. :smile: It's really awesome and all totally free!

ohhh, sounds amazing! :biggrin:
Went to bed feeling pretty ok, woke up feeling terrible- it feels like certain things are torturing me and I have limited distractions :/
Original post by jelly1000
For me its when things are really bothering me- (I know exactly what, just not going to go into detail on here)

That's fine.

And yeah I am pretty much the same, but it is having such an effect on me it's not good at all. I don't know what to do :/
Original post by Team_McDreamy
ohhh, sounds amazing! :biggrin:

Yeah, it's really good - I'd recommend it to anyone with something similar in their area, I hadn't heard of it before but I was referred by my GP. :smile:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Big hugs for all those feeling ill, and those who didn't get much sleep :grouphugs:

Well done lovely! I hate phoning people :afraid:

Thank you. :colondollar: Not going to lie- it was horrible. :tongue: But I'm taking it as a test- God seems to want me to phone people as often as possible at the moment. :tongue:
Original post by moment of truth
That's fine.

And yeah I am pretty much the same, but it is having such an effect on me it's not good at all. I don't know what to do :/

Hope you can find something which works. My thoughts are taking over me atm too, although I am at least able to sleep, just not as much as before this 'episode' started.
Just saying the opposite of everything I'd told them - if I'd said I was at constant risk of 'x' they'd say 'Wolfie is at no risk of 'x''. Or if I had 'y' and 'z' self care needs they'd say I didn't have them either. :s-smilie: Then even weirder, they'd stick in one random thing that I'd never claimed, but they'd assert that I did have that problem! My DLA claim letters read like they're written by a particularly obtuse five-year-old. :tongue:

Ah that sucks, sorry to hear it :/

Were you awarded anything?
I feel like I want to quit uni. I can't cope. I am just gonna wait for my counselling and then make a final decision.
So behind with packing. I mean to get up this morning to do stuff and, well, didn't. But I have all of tomorrow, sadly cookies have been cut from the timetable :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Noodlzzz
Ah that sucks, sorry to hear it :/

Were you awarded anything?

First time ESA I got nothing (and, hilariously, I was too ill at the time to work out how to make a proper appeal :facepalm:). First time DLA I was awarded nothing, appealed and was given lower rate care and mobility. Second time ESA was automatically put into the support group (cos of that student loophole) and didn't even have an interview. DLA renewal was supposed to go straight through, but got lost in the system and I'm still waiting for my money. :puppyeyes:

Adding in Rob's experiences and those of other people I've helped with it, my own experiences seem only too typical. :frown:

I feel like I want to quit uni. I can't cope. I am just gonna wait for my counselling and then make a final decision.

Have you thought through all your options and why you want to quit? If it's purely for health reasons, I strongly recommend talking through going part-time or taking a year or two off with your personal tutor. If it's for academic reasons, switching uni or course might be an option.

It's definitely not something to take lightly or to put the burden solely on yourself, so I'd reach out to as many people as you can (pastoral care at uni, friends, family and health-related people) and talk through all your options thoroughly first. :smile:
Reply 6430

What year are you in?
First time ESA I got nothing (and, hilariously, I was too ill at the time to work out how to make a proper appeal :facepalm:). First time DLA I was awarded nothing, appealed and was given lower rate care and mobility. Second time ESA was automatically put into the support group (cos of that student loophole) and didn't even have an interview. DLA renewal was supposed to go straight through, but got lost in the system and I'm still waiting for my money. :puppyeyes:

Adding in Rob's experiences and those of other people I've helped with it, my own experiences seem only too typical. :frown:

Have you thought through all your options and why you want to quit? If it's purely for health reasons, I strongly recommend talking through going part-time or taking a year or two off with your personal tutor. If it's for academic reasons, switching uni or course might be an option.

It's definitely not something to take lightly or to put the burden solely on yourself, so I'd reach out to as many people as you can (pastoral care at uni, friends, family and health-related people) and talk through all your options thoroughly first. :smile:

That's horrible I'm sorry to hear that :frown:
ED

Spoiler

ED

Spoiler

no you dont!! :hugs: you are wonderful!! :hugs:
Original post by BnBn
What year are you in?

First year.

The reasons are health reasons, the course is fine and I enjoy it, but I have missed lectures three days in a row now because I haven't been able to sleep properly and am too tired. This is all due to my anxiety which is kinda bad and could get worse. I haven't made any concrete friends yet, there are a few people on my course that I like but nothing proper (although it is still early) and the societies haven't been great so far. I would much prefer to live at home and commute to uni instead. I was kinda pressured to live away from home by my family so that I can experience the 'uni lifestyle' but it isn't for me. I am good for nothing and can't cope right now.

I will ask some friends, and gonna have counselling some time next week so will see how that goes. My family don't understand how I feel.
Original post by Anonymous
no you dont!! :hugs: you are wonderful!! :hugs:

Spoiler

Spoiler

sorry, it keeps making my posts anon:sad:
!
you are only looking at what you think you see because you arent believing otherwise! you are lovely! the truth is that you are a wonderful person! dont let those thoughts get to you and cloud over the truth! and the truth is that you are beautiful! :hugs:
Original post by cupcakes87
sorry, it keeps making my posts anon:sad:
!
you are only looking at what you think you see because you arent believing otherwise! you are lovely! the truth is that you are a wonderful person! dont let those thoughts get to you and cloud over the truth! and the truth is that you are beautiful! :hugs:

Spoiler

Spoiler

who told you that? you are not! you are wonderful! :hugs:
people enjoy your company!

who told you these silly things!!!

you deserve to be happy and loved!!!! :hugs:
Original post by cupcakes87
who told you that? you are not! you are wonderful! :hugs:
people enjoy your company!

who told you these silly things!!!

you deserve to be happy and loved!!!! :hugs: