Scroll to see replies

Original post by Team_McDreamy

Spoiler

well then your mirror is broken :huff: its a lier!!! :cry:

i dont agree with it! :hugs:
Reply 6441
Original post by moment of truth
First year.

The reasons are health reasons, the course is fine and I enjoy it, but I have missed lectures three days in a row now because I haven't been able to sleep properly and am too tired. This is all due to my anxiety which is kinda bad and could get worse. I haven't made any concrete friends yet, there are a few people on my course that I like but nothing proper (although it is still early) and the societies haven't been great so far. I would much prefer to live at home and commute to uni instead. I was kinda pressured to live away from home by my family so that I can experience the 'uni lifestyle' but it isn't for me. I am good for nothing and can't cope right now.

I will ask some friends, and gonna have counselling some time next week so will see how that goes. My family don't understand how I feel.

I say give it until christmas atleast.
i was ready to give up in the first few weeks, but i was told to stay until christmas and then decide. And i went back and felt so much different after christmas.

have you see. A dr about your anxiety and sleep? They can really help.
also look into sleep hygene, about only using your bed for sleep (and sex) which i know is hard, especially at uni.
Original post by cupcakes87
well then your mirror is broken :huff: its a lier!!! :cry:

i dont agree with it! :hugs:

thanks hun, even if i don't agree, it's helpful to hear it :hugs:
thanks hun, even if i don't agree, it's helpful to hear it :hugs:

:hugs: i like hugs! :hugs:

what do you study? :smile:
:hugs: i like hugs! :hugs:

what do you study? :smile:

so do i :h:

medicine! you?
Original post by BnBn
I say give it until christmas atleast.
i was ready to give up in the first few weeks, but i was told to stay until christmas and then decide. And i went back and felt so much different after christmas.

have you see. A dr about your anxiety and sleep? They can really help.
also look into sleep hygene, about only using your bed for sleep (and sex) which i know is hard, especially at uni.

Maybe I need some more time, I dunno.

I went to the GP yesterday and she said do counselling and then we will see what to do. The sleep problem is connected to the anxiety.
so do i :h:

medicine! you?

:biggrin: :hugs:

aww wow! thats really cool! how do you find it?

A2, Biology, History and Politics :smile:
my post was made anon again! :sigh:
Original post by Anonymous
:biggrin: :hugs:

aww wow! thats really cool! how do you find it?

A2, Biology, History and Politics :smile:

i love it :smile: how're you finding it so far?
i love it :smile: how're you finding it so far?

thats good to hear! :biggrin: what year are you in?

its ok, this year is better than last year, last year i felt like my head was empty most of the time and i was almost always ill because of that feeling and all that showed on results day but hopefully i can fix that this year :redface:
thats good to hear! :biggrin: what year are you in?

its ok, this year is better than last year, last year i felt like my head was empty most of the time and i was almost always ill because of that feeling and all that showed on results day but hopefully i can fix that this year :redface:

third year :smile:

i get that, its awful but at least now you've identified it you can start making changes :smile: does your school know about it?
third year :smile:

i get that, its awful but at least now you've identified it you can start making changes :smile: does your school know about it?

how many years is the medicine degree?

yeah, i guess i finally worked out what was wrong by exam time but by then i guess it was too late. my parents had meetings at school with my teachers to help me last year and i guess we were focused on the wrong thing. i went to the doctors loads and they all put it down to stress. and that made me really ill, lost loads of hair and everything:frown: this year my dad has already spoken to school. hes getting them to send him emails and have meetings with him regarding how im doing every so often so that nothing goes wrong this year.
Needed to get out cause can't survive in room all day. Came to cafe and mentor was in there. She ignored me in the most spectacularly obvious fashion before literally running past me out of the door. How lovely.
how many years is the medicine degree?

yeah, i guess i finally worked out what was wrong by exam time but by then i guess it was too late. my parents had meetings at school with my teachers to help me last year and i guess we were focused on the wrong thing. i went to the doctors loads and they all put it down to stress. and that made me really ill, lost loads of hair and everything:frown: this year my dad has already spoken to school. hes getting them to send him emails and have meetings with him regarding how im doing every so often so that nothing goes wrong this year.

6 :h: so I'm almost halfway there!

do you know what you wanna do after your a levels?

that sounds really really good that you had that all in place, being proactive and getting measures in place before things get really bad is always the best thing to do - i wish i had been as proactive as you, i'd been having issues for years and years before i decided to start doing something about it and it landed me in all sorts of tricky situations, like failing exams/panic attacks and whatnot.
:ninja:
Reply 6455

Spoiler

my post was made anon again! :sigh:

its cos you have to remember to untick the box, I keep forgetting too
Original post by PonchoKid

How are you? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs:
Original post by ScaryScience
Needed to get out cause can't survive in room all day. Came to cafe and mentor was in there. She ignored me in the most spectacularly obvious fashion before literally running past me out of the door. How lovely.

:colonhash: :frown: :jumphug:

:ahee:

Original post by Riku

Spoiler

Spoiler

Latest