The Student Room Group

Anyone doing WJEC English Literature? AS/A2

WJEC English Literature? AS/A2
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
I'm on WJEC English Lit going into A2, my teachers were quite happy with the marking they gave us for A2 (even though I wasn't personally). It's supposed to be fairer than others such as OCR :smile:
Reply 3
Yes!! :biggrin: I've doing the A2 part now!
I am! Just started A2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
What texts are you studying? :smile:
Original post by JAK2013
What texts are you studying? :smile:

I'm doing

The Tempest, Dr Faustus and William Blake for the exam

And

Streetcar Named Desire, Christina Rossetti and Oranges Are Not The Only Fruit for the coursework

You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by thewishfulwriter
I'm doing

And

Streetcar Named Desire, Christina Rossetti and Oranges Are Not The Only Fruit for the coursework

You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing King Lear & Oedipus Rex- and I'm also doing William Blake!

And for coursework, Chaucer, Atwood and a poet (not decided yet!) :P
Original post by JAK2013
I'm doing King Lear & Oedipus Rex- and I'm also doing William Blake!

And for coursework, Chaucer, Atwood and a poet (not decided yet!) :P

Ooh wow that's an amazing selection! I've studied King Lear before. And Chaucer and Atwood - nice!

What are you planning to do at uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thewishfulwriter
I'm doing

And

You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

We're doing the exact same for exam but for coursework it's The Kite Runner, Christina Rossetti and All my Son's.
Reply 10
We're all 'William Blakers'! :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Inspiritise
Yeah, I also heard from the teacher and previous A2 students that it's a closed book exam so no books are going to be in the exam hall! >~< a lot of memorising is needed!!
Good Luck though since I too am in the same boat~

Yeah! So we'll have to memorise quotes from the poetry collection and both drama texts :P Maybe nearer the exam, we could share resources on here? :smile: We've only just started Blake!
Original post by JAK2013
Yeah! So we'll have to memorise quotes from the poetry collection and both drama texts :P Maybe nearer the exam, we could share resources on here? :smile: We've only just started Blake!

Just started the Blake already! Wow, we're working SO SLOW with our coursework *still reading/analysing the novel, we haven't even started the poems or the play. I guess we really are behind or you lot haven't started the coursework yet?
And Certainly! ^~^
Reply 13
Original post by Inspiritise
Just started the Blake already! Wow, we're working SO SLOW with our coursework *still reading/analysing the novel, we haven't even started the poems or the play. I guess we really are behind or you lot haven't started the coursework yet?
And Certainly! ^~^

We've read thorugh our coursework texts and are beginning to plan now, so I guess we're in quite a good position! :smile:
And great! :biggrin:
My school chose WJEC for lit, it's a good exam board and they mark fairly in my opinion! I was happy with the marks I got for AS, so hopefully I do well at A2 aswell :smile:
Meeee I'm doing WJEC for English literature. :biggrin:
Reply 16
Original post by emalouise_96
My school chose WJEC for lit, it's a good exam board and they mark fairly in my opinion! I was happy with the marks I got for AS, so hopefully I do well at A2 aswell :smile:

What texts are you doing for A2? :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by KittyRe-play
Meeee I'm doing WJEC for English literature. :biggrin:

Heyyy! :smile: What texts are you studying? :smile:
Original post by JAK2013
Heyyy! :smile: What texts are you studying? :smile:

Hiya. :h:
I'm studying "The Great Gatsby" and "The Catcher in the Rye". These are for the Controlled assessment btw. :smile:
I'[m studying Oedipus Rex at undergraduate level, so feel free to message me if you need help. I'm also studying another 2 of Sophocles' plays for my Classics module - so I will have a well-rounded knowledge of Sophocles... At least as any 1st years go :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending