The Student Room Group

They will come when your not looking - Is this really true ?

Sorry for the long read but i'd appreciate it if you read it

I'm an 18 year old guy here , never had a girlfriend , or anyone ever express any sort of romantic feelings towards me.

Since primary school i've been seemingly invisible towards the opposite sex , while all my friends were hooking up and having girlfriends from an early age ( as insignificant as the relationships may have been it still means someones liked them ) I was always the awkward ugly guy who girls would run for their lives if I ever dared play kiss chase looool.

At college , again no one ever liked me . I had a few friends who were girls , some of whom were attractive , I did try my luck quite a few times with them and just random girls from the college campus , got numbers etc But when it came to texting they never replied with interest or had always "had boyfriends" .

After leaving college I went through a rapid transformation , got quite "hench" , got a much better new haircut which people said really suits me and stuff but again it never really helped me secure attention from the opposite sex .

I've asked out countless girls , been rejected every time . I've tried the whole (wouldnt really call it pick up ) thing where you go to night venues talking to lots of different girls trying to get somewhere- and no girl has ever been attentive , I suppose if I was much more persuasive and insistent I could have got a kiss or something but I don't get why I should have to try and persuade a girl to like me ? I have lots of girls at my workplace , but im just friends with all of them - even though I don't really like them in that way anyway .

Is it necessary for a below average guy to have to spam approach or go out of his way to appear attractive to the opposite sex ( in a personality way I mean ) ? I've tried it in the past but after getting rejected so many times I've become much more nonchalant about the whole thing.

i realise the whole girlfriend thing is quite a silly thing to worry about at this age but if no one will like me at my peak in looks then what the hell chance do I have when im ageing with much less girls around me.

I don't know what im doing wrong.

Scroll to see replies

There are two steps, first you have to get yourself in social situations where you meet lots of girls, secondly you have to become incredibly attractive, so that any girl you meet immediately wants to date you / **** you.

Its really quite simple, just do both those steps and you will be sorted.
oh and lets make one thing clear: doing things like asking out loads of girls, using a scattergun approach etc, will not solve your problem, it will make it a million times worse.

and you should never get rejected. rejection is failure. you're doing something very badly wrong if you get rejected.
Reply 3
Original post by cole-slaw
There are two steps, first you have to get yourself in social situations where you meet lots of giorls, secondly you have to become incredibly attractive, so that any girl you meet immediately wants to date you / **** you.

Its really quite simple, just do both those steps and you will be sorted.

Well as im not at uni right now but ive been in places where I was involved with lots of girls as I specified in the op and I was always overlooked .

I have a mixed gender social group and do meet new girls every now or then but its usually my much better looking extroverted friend thet hook up with . Some of my friends who are girls think im gay :/

I work out , have a 10 minute skin care routine every morning and evening , I also cut my hair every fortnight into the hairstyle that has got me the most compliments . I don't know what more I can do .

oh and lets make one thing clear: doing things like asking out loads of girls, using a scattergun approach etc, will not solve your problem, it will make it a million times worse.

and you should never get rejected. rejection is failure. you're doing something very badly wrong if you get rejected.

Has it ever occurred to you maybe girls just aren't attracted to someone who asks them out ? As I can only assume this is true in my case , or perhaps my personality isnt what they look for in guys .
Reply 5
Original post by RhymeAsylumForever

I don't think I have much natural game , im just your average guy .

When I did try it I think it overcomplicated simple things and you put so much effort in for oft times miniscule results
Original post by Anonymous

I'm an 18 year old guy here , never had a girlfriend , or anyone ever express any sort of romantic feelings towards me.

how do you know ? Could have been a secret crush.

Since primary school i've been seemingly invisible towards the opposite sex , while all my friends were hooking up and having girlfriends from an early age ( as insignificant as the relationships may have been it still means someones liked them ) I was always the awkward ugly guy who girls would run for their lives if I ever dared play kiss chase looool.

Okay. High school not that important, but okay.

At college , again no one ever liked me . I had a few friends who were girls , some of whom were attractive , I did try my luck quite a few times with them and just random girls from the college campus , got numbers etc But when it came to texting they never replied with interest or had always "had boyfriends" .

Okay.
ask yourself, what did i do wrong ? push too hard ? look too nerdy ? lack attraction ? ask yourself.

After leaving college I went through a rapid transformation , got quite "hench" , got a much better new haircut which people said really suits me and stuff but again it never really helped me secure attention from the opposite sex .

You can make improvements. better dress, attitude, voice training perhaps, social skills training,
learning to be less needy of people and more independent, which ironically attracts people towards you.

I've asked out countless girls , been rejected every time . I've tried the whole (wouldnt really call it pick up ) thing where you go to night venues talking to lots of different girls trying to get somewhere- and no girl has ever been attentive , I suppose if I was much more persuasive and insistent I could have got a kiss or something but I don't get why I should have to try and persuade a girl to like me ? I have lots of girls at my workplace , but im just friends with all of them - even though I don't really like them in that way anyway .

Asking girls out is generally, but not always, an awkward, un-attractive thing to do.

Is it necessary for a below average guy to have to spam approach or go out of his way to appear attractive to the opposite sex ( in a personality way I mean ) ? I've tried it in the past but after getting rejected so many times I've become much more nonchalant about the whole thing.

the "spam approach" is an unattractive quality trait. it is just not an attractive thing to do. that's why it usually will never work.

Work on yourself. make yourself attractive in body and mind. Be less needy,

i realise the whole girlfriend thing is quite a silly thing to worry about at this age but if no one will like me at my peak in looks then what the hell chance do I have when im ageing with much less girls around me.

Looks aren't your problem.

1. Fashion, grooming, style (congruent to your personality and depending on where you live and go out)
2. Gym & Nutrition
3. Reading
4. Sleep
5. Meditation
6. Travel
7. Mastermind Group
8. Mastery Attitudes
9. Outcome, Purpose, Action
10. 30 Day Challenge, True Enjoyment Of The Journey

Become a complete person, happy with yourself and happy to be alone and be self amused, and people will naturally be drawn to the independent energy you emit.

be a giver, not a taker.

The truth is, i am glad you don't get women. because your current mindset and behaviour should not be rewarded.
http://www.rsdnation.com/node/492248/forum
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
I have an ugly mate who's got with two girls at uni so far, why? He's confident and is a good lad to have a laugh with which brings in girls to him
Well as im not at uni right now but ive been in places where I was involved with lots of girls as I specified in the op and I was always overlooked .

I have a mixed gender social group and do meet new girls every now or then but its usually my much better looking extroverted friend thet hook up with . Some of my friends who are girls think im gay :/

I work out , have a 10 minute skin care routine every morning and evening , I also cut my hair every fortnight into the hairstyle that has got me the most compliments . I don't know what more I can do .

Attraction is not just based on looks.

Are you funny? Are you interesting? Are you intelligent? Are you flirty? Are you cool and laidback? Are you popular with your mates? Are you a nice, friendly, considerate person? Do you have impressive or interesting hobbies or interests you can talk about? Are you confident and outgoing? (the fact you describe your friend as "better looking" is a bad sign)

Why do they think you are gay? Are you camp and feminine? Do you come across as uninterested in women? (a 10 minute skin care routine probably doesn't help this either)

You have to ask yourself: what do you offer to women that they can't get anywhere else? If the answer is nothing, then sort your life out.

Has it ever occurred to you maybe girls just aren't attracted to someone who asks them out ? As I can only assume this is true in my case , or perhaps my personality isnt what they look for in guys .

Why are you asking out girls that aren't attracted to you? Ask out the ones who are attracted to you, you will find you get significantly better results.
Reply 9
Sorry for the long read but i'd appreciate it if you read it

You don't know the difference between 'your' and 'you're'. It's a pretty common turn-off.
Original post by democracyforum

Okay.
ask yourself, what did i do wrong ? push too hard ? look too nerdy ? lack attraction ? ask yourself.

You can make improvements. better dress, attitude, voice training perhaps, social skills training,
learning to be less needy of people and more independent, which ironically attracts people towards you.

Asking girls out is generally, but not always, an awkward, un-attractive thing to do.

the "spam approach" is an unattractive quality trait. it is just not an attractive thing to do. that's why it usually will never work.

1. Fashion, grooming, style (congruent to your personality and depending on where you live and go out)
2. Gym & Nutrition
3. Reading
4. Sleep
5. Meditation
6. Travel
7. Mastermind Group
8. Mastery Attitudes

Become a complete person, happy with yourself and happy to be alone and be self amused, and people will naturally be drawn to the independent energy you emit.

be a giver, not a taker.

The truth is, i am glad you don't get women. because your current mindset and behaviour should not be rewarded.

As much as I hate rsd and its attempt to guide losers to take a shortcut by using elaborate routines to imitate normal people rather than just trying to become a normal person, even a stopped clock is right twice a day, and this advice is mostly ok.
no it's not
I always seem to get a girlfriend when I least expect it, I don't know maybe it's just me.
Whatever you do , don't try to change yourself. It's not a very good idea to start any kind of relationship on false foundations. You will always be you , not that guy that's with this lady
Original post by Rock Fan
I always seem to get a girlfriend when I least expect it, I don't know maybe it's just me.

Probably Cuz ur an English lad in Canada.
As much as I hate rsd and its attempt to guide losers to take a shortcut by using elaborate routines to imitate normal people rather than just trying to become a normal person, even a stopped clock is right twice a day, and this advice is mostly ok.

That's exactly the opposite of RSD.

They teach men to improve every area of their life, and this will, subsequently attract a woman.

RSD do not even teach routines.

Don't be ignorant.
That's exactly the opposite of RSD.

They teach men to improve every area of their life, and this will, subsequently attract a woman.

RSD do not even teach routines.

Don't be ignorant.

No, but it teaches methods of social interaction that a normal person would not have to be told.

I'm not ignorant, I've read plenty about it. Read Tyler Durden's 25 things guys do wrong:

http://www.rsdnation.com/node/60062

Its all just **** that you shouldn't even have to think about. If you have to actually think about stuff like this, you're not ready to be let out into the wild.

I'd love to watch some dumb losers trying to figure out what half a metre a part is and make sure their legs are always at least that distance apart at all times. :biggrin:

Please observe what a ****ing mental weirdo Tyler Durden actually is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAySGkxoHXw

Are you really sure you wanna take advice from this guy? Seriously? He is just painfully cringey.
No, but it teaches methods of social interaction that a normal person would not have to be told.

I'm not ignorant, I've read plenty about it. Read Tyler Durden's 25 things guys do wrong:

http://www.rsdnation.com/node/60062

Its all just **** that you shouldn't even have to think about. If you have to actually think about stuff like this, you're not ready to be let out into the wild.

I'd love to watch some dumb losers trying to figure out what half a metre a part is and make sure their legs are always at least that distance apart at all times. :biggrin:

Please observe what a ****ing mental weirdo Tyler Durden actually is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAySGkxoHXw

Are you really sure you wanna take advice from this guy? Seriously? He is just painfully cringey.

I study and learn from people who get results. In sales, pick up, social interaction, business, art, travel, or whatever.

And he gets a lot of success, so yes, I do want to learn from him.

Learn from both, naturals, and people who study social interaction.
Reply 18
It's a murky mixture of advice and wishful thinking. On the one hand, actively trying to win over girls gives off an air of desperation which is very unattractive; on the other, you can't expect to find anyone if you don't try.

Think of it like coolness. Putting a lot of effort into trying to be cool is uncool, yet in order to be cool you have to put effort into it. It's a paradox of youth.

The solution is to work on yourself and the things that will make you more attractive, just not for the sole purpose of winning over women. Or, if that's not achievable, just don't tell anyone that's what you're doing. In other words, even if you are chasing, don't ever hint that that's the case.

At any rate, don't give up on improving yourself.

Okay.

How is asking a girl out unnattractive ? You must care to much about how you come off . Its better to be congruent about how you feel then put up a front.

Fashion isn't my problem , I know how to dress well .

2. Gym & Nutrition

Funnily enough , in the real world , guys who are skinny get girlfriends and guys who are overweight get girlfriends . It seems to be a perpetuated myth on the internet that its a prerequesite to be muscular to get attention . That being said , I've being working out steadily for over a year now , and have put on almost 11kg of muscle in that time , my body isn't the problem.

3. Reading

I read , but alot of guys who don't have girlfriends lol

4. Sleep

I get 8 hours of sleep daily lol

5. Meditation

Absolute bs , meditating isn't going to get you a problem unless it helps you overcome issues which would have acted as a detterent . In my case its not going to help me at all .

6. Travel

7. Mastermind Group
8. Mastery Attitudes

Its obvious you've just copy and pasted this from the RSD site , mate you have to understand they are trying to make money out of people like you who will buy into anything they say . I used to visit the site regularly myself , and there are parts of it I connect with but parts of it that seem ridiculous . In the real world , guys tick maybe 1 or 2 of these boxes , can have absolute atrocious personalities and still be in relationships .

This is pretty much me , i'm about as independent as you get , and im a very self amused person .

be a giver, not a taker. -

You seem to have it in your head that to get a girlfriend you have to tick 100s of criteria , have the humour of chris rock , the body of dwayne johnson , the mind of the dalai lama , have read hundreds of self help books etc Lets face it , in the real world most guys don't do this **** .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending