The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
isn't the personal statement helper available this year?
Reply 2
Original post by xxvine

I think it's a paid service or something unfortunately. Could be wrong, but thought I read that recently.

OP: I don't think one similar sentence is likely to flag plagiarism, but if you're that worried just change it around a bit.
Reply 3
Original post by TVIO
I think it's a paid service or something unfortunately. Could be wrong, but thought I read that recently.

OP: I don't think one similar sentence is likely to flag plagiarism, but if you're that worried just change it around a bit.

Can you post me a link to the info please...

I dont mind paying actually....
Reply 4
Try this http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Personal_Statement_Help
Not sure, it could be free. Have you spoken to your school's careers department? Mine were a big help
Reply 5
Original post by TVIO
Try this http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Personal_Statement_Help
Not sure, it could be free. Have you spoken to your school's careers department? Mine were a big help

yeah will do

when is the paid service coming into practice?
Original post by xxvine
yeah will do

It's available now. Plenty of free advice still available, though.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...onal-statement
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by xxvine
yeah will do

I'm not sure if it does actually exist or if I had some misinformation about that. In any case, I don't think it'd be a great idea as they'd either give minimal advice or potentially give too much and you'd lose the personal touch.
Reply 8
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
It's available now. Plenty of free advice still available, though.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...onal-statement

oh so no more marking, like actually uploading your statement for a PS helper to give feedback on?
Original post by xxvine
oh so no more marking, like actually uploading your statement for a PS helper to give feedback on?

Only for a fee. It's been contracted outside of TSR to a team of teachers. The old PS helpers are only able to give general advice within the forum now.
Reply 10
Only for a fee. It's been contracted outside of TSR to a team of teachers. The old PS helpers are only able to give general advice within the forum now.

okay i see

how much does it cost...can i have a link to the info please?
Original post by xxvine
okay i see

how much does it cost...can i have a link to the info please?

It's in post 8. It's £75. You work through the PS Builder Tool and then at the end there's an option to go ahead with the paid review.
(edited 9 years ago)
Moved to Applications and UCAS. :smile:
Original post by Wiggledinho
I wrote a line on my personal statement. Entirely coincidentally, when I was looking through some personal statements on here, a sentence was used that is very similar to mine. Is there any chance that could be seen as plagiarism?

Unless it's really similar, probably not. If you want to be safe though, you can change it slightly.

Hi, I also have few questions regarding this. So if I subscribe to TSR, will I have to pay further fees for the PS help?
Original post by SomeStudent
Hi, I also have few questions regarding this. So if I subscribe to TSR, will I have to pay further fees for the PS help?

The subs and the fee are not connected in any way.
Original post by Wiggledinho
I wrote a line on my personal statement. Entirely coincidentally, when I was looking through some personal statements on here, a sentence was used that is very similar to mine. Is there any chance that could be seen as plagiarism?

If you didn't intentionally plagiarise it then it should be fine, don't worry about it :smile:
The subs and the fee are not connected in any way.

Oh alright, thanks for the info. If I needed to get my PS checked for general advice etc, how can I approach a PS helper? Is there a section I can submit my PS to?
Original post by SomeStudent
Oh alright, thanks for the info. If I needed to get my PS checked for general advice etc, how can I approach a PS helper? Is there a section I can submit my PS to?

I'm afraid the PS helper tags are redundant now in their old form, and we are not allowed to do reviews. There is a PS forum where you can ask general questions and the PS Builder Tool to help you structure it.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/personal_statement_help

The option to go for the paid service comes at the end of the builder if you are interested in doing so.
Original post by xxvine

It's 2019, people are using "You're a 7 year old" as a comeback, people are to busy studying new 'roasts'.