The Student Room Group

2015 Consulting graduate applications

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
I've been waiting over two weeks to be told to book a KPMG phone interview slot - is this the norm with them right now?

Just wondering how long I should wait before dropping an e-mail.
Reply 202
Just filled in the Deloitte service line questionnaire and didn't get the stream I wanted does anyone know if you can request a change?
Hows everyones apps going so far? Mine are as follows, need to get cracking with more tbh :

Deloitte - Rejected post tests :frown:
KPMG - Awaiting phone interview :redface:
EY - Awaiting final interview :biggrin:
Hi mate just wondering. Did you hear back from Deloitte right after the critical thinking test that you didn't make it? Or did it take some time for them to let you know?

Cheers and good luck!
No it took about a week I think for me and then they email saying passed tests and review -
Did anyone applying to EY include a cover letter?
Reply 207
Original post by Consultingstude
Hows everyones apps going so far? Mine are as follows, need to get cracking with more tbh :

Same with me for deloitte, awaiting phone interview for KPMG, nearly ready to apply to EY and PWC and rejected after phone interview for accenture.
Original post by Luccy.
Same with me for deloitte, awaiting phone interview for KPMG, nearly ready to apply to EY and PWC and rejected after phone interview for accenture.

Yeah annoying that we won't find out anything from PWC until November time though :frown:
Original post by TC2016
Just filled in the Deloitte service line questionnaire and didn't get the stream I wanted ������ does anyone know if you can request a change?

How is the new test that Deloitte are using this year? Is there any way to prep for it?

Also, do you get invited to the numerical right after submitting your app or do they actually read it first?

Well done on the final interview - EY is a lot less formal than the other Big 4 if you didn't already know. They don't really ask any commercial questions, it's all about getting to know you. It should feel like a chat rather than an interview so really show your personality and as cheesy as it sounds, just smile a lot! Good luck :smile:

Yeah annoying that we won't find out anything from PWC until November time though :frown:

Are PWC not running interviews till Nov or are you referring to AC?
Reply 210

Applied to EY last night, need to do situational judgement though. Have an event with PwC today so will be submitting to them tonight hopefully after adding the final touches :smile:
Original post by D12345678

Are PWC not running interviews till Nov or are you referring to AC?

If you look at this link http://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/student/graduateopportunities/consulting-management.jhtml then that gives the dates for application outcome, interviews, and AC. Is it not correct?
Anyone still waiting for Deloitte to get back to them for tests/ interviews etc?
Original post by wisepirate
Anyone still waiting for Deloitte to get back to them for tests/ interviews etc?

Waiting for interview after being told two months ago I passed screening
Reply 214
Original post by hayzelle
Did anyone applying to EY include a cover letter?

nope because it wouldn't have added anything on top of the questions they asked on the application and my CV.
Original post by wisepirate

Yep. I emailed them today asking what's going on, so I'll let you know when I hear back :smile:
Please help!

I've heard Deloitte switched to the Pearsons TalentLens tests this year: is that true?

If so, how hard are the new tests, and are they more difficult than the practice tests?

How would you advise practising for the test? (Bear in mind I have 4 days to complete, having received the email yesterday).

Many thanks in advance for your help!
Reply 217
Hi yes the ones I took for Deloitte were Pearson
Deloittes tests are definitely some of the easiest. They're always slightly harder than the practice tests but I got through them and haven't done maths for 6 years since my GCSEs
Original post by Mustgetintoib
Waiting for interview after being told two months ago I passed screening

Original post by Tasha-x
Yep. I emailed them today asking what's going on, so I'll let you know when I hear back :smile:

I emailed them yesterday and they finally sent me invitation for testing - kinda regret not contacting them earlier but it appears they're being rather slow for everyone at the moment. Tasha, are you waiting for testing or interviews?
Reply 219
Original post by Tasha-x

I've tried ringing them for the past two days - it just goes straight to voicemail. Hopefully you'll have more luck emailing them!

It's strange, as the first stages of the process were incredibly efficient - from submitting my application to being invited to the assessment centre was 10 days. Yet I've heard nothing since then, which was back on the 16th.

Quick Reply

Latest