The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RobertWhite
I understand where you're coming from I was in this position. I found the main problem was attending a vacation scheme allows you to express to a far greater degree your motivations for law and the actual environment in which you'll work. Don't let it put you off. Go to law fairs if you're at university and try to impress the recruitment there who may take note of your name and build your cv in other ways, you will want something law/business related though if that's the avenue of law you're considering otherwise you're giving them firm nothing to work with.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, but applications are already opening so I won't have much time to do that. I do have work experience, volunteering etc in other areas :smile:
Reply 81
I was wondering if anyone had heard anything back from Jones Day yet?
Original post by KFiler1
I was wondering if anyone had heard anything back from Jones Day yet?

I wouldn't have thought they'd get back to anyone so early! Have you heard anything?
Hi all

I'm looking at applying to the Simmons & Simmons graduate vac scheme. I am starting my LPC with the University of Law this week.
However on their website they state that they require their trainees to complete their LPC with BPP if they pay for it.

Is it still worth me applying?
Original post by Horse273
I'd like to find a proper list for this as well. The only one I know that does this is Herbert Smith but I'm sure there are loads more.

I attended an assessment centre for a vacation scheme at CMS this year and was told I could not apply again for a training contract within that intake, and had to wait until the next intake to apply for the straight training contract.
Original post by DavidLocked
Heya, does anyone have a list of vacation schemes available to second year non-law students? I'd be incredibly grateful if anyone can help with this.

I'm a second year non-law student in the same boat! the only ones I've seen we have to be final year for which is annoying
Has anyone applied to Jones Day or PwC Legal yet? Also, have any more vacation scheme applications opened at any other firms?
Original post by georgief94
I'm a second year non-law student in the same boat! the only ones I've seen we have to be final year for which is annoying

Have you decided which firms you're applying to yet? I think I'll just apply for all the MC ones.
Anyone heard back from Jones Day? Or did any one even apply?

October is coming soon! Freaking out!
Is anyone applying for winter vac schemes for 2014?
Hi, I applied for Linklaters Indian Internship 2015(which is the summer vacation scheme). Got an invitation to take the Watson Glaser Test on 12th Sept, took it on 14th, but haven't heard back from them yet. Was just worried that is this a rejection? Normally how much time do they take to reply back?
Original post by J-SP
It's quite a busy time for them, so I wouldn't worry that you have not heard back this working week. You will probably hear back in the next week or so as they usually do their interviews in India in early November.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks!! I was just worried because other people in my university haven't received a rejection yet, even though they have not gotten the mail to take the test. Therefore was wondering, whether mine was a rejection by implication. But thanks for the reply. Keeping fingers crossed!
I can't decide whether to start applying and get the advantages of being early or wait until term has started when I might have started one or two more extra-curriculars and been to CV clinics etc :erm:
Original post by J-SP
I'd wait. General rule of thumb is apply in the first two-thirds of the application window if their recruitment is done on a rolling basis.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks!
Jesus, this has crept up on me.
Original post by Kidioteque
Jesus, this has crept up on me.

God, how long have we been going through the motions together on TSR!
Original post by ChoccyWoccy
God, how long have we been going through the motions together on TSR!

Ha! Seems like only yesterday we were discussing Oxbridge interview questions. How's it going? Know which firms you're applying to? :smile:
God, I'm so bad at shortlisting firms. What criteria is everybody using to decide where to apply? They all seem so similar in so many ways, aha.
Does anyone know any firms which have very straight forward online application form. I want to have some backup insurance firms which I am likely to bag easily. I want to do these after I have done some of the applications that are going to take me longer to tailor etc.
Has anyone heard anything back from Jones Day yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending