The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by trekkin
:console:Hey, there's nothing wrong with that. Everyone is their own person and what other people think is 'fun' might not be fun to you. :grouphugs:
P.S. I'm on my laptop 24/7 too

It just makes me feel really sad. I was considering going to uni just to make friends, i don't know if that's bad or not. :frown: But I don't have the qualifications for uni and it would at least take me 2 years. I don't even fully want to go to uni, I just want friends. :cry2:

I hate being alone. :frown:
Original post by furryface12
You should be though, you have as much reason as any of us to be here and the fact that you haven't managed to get help yet probably means it's almost better for you to be able to talk to people here. Most people took at least a couple of months to get help and that's normal! Just think- and this is going to sound harsh and it's not meant to be, as I say it basically applies to myself too- you're unlikely to get better without talking to someone about it, whether it be your teacher, a counsellor, parents, a GP, anyone. You've spoken to people on here which is a big step, one which in itself took me months of not watching and later watching the thread to make myself do, and you managed to do that which is amazing and means you can talk to someone in real life too.

Sorry if that didn't make sense/came out wrong, really struggling to think straight right now and the fact that I can't really see as I've done somethiing stupid with my glasses in the hour and a half since I've been home isn't really helping :colondollar:

i cant talk to ayone in real life about this. sorry.

Original post by tasha96
What are you afraid will happen?

i dont even know
Original post by Porridge510
It just makes me feel really sad. I was considering going to uni just to make friends, i don't know if that's bad or not. :frown: But I don't have the qualifications for uni and it would at least take me 2 years. I don't even fully want to go to uni, I just want friends. :cry2:

I hate being alone. :frown:

Is there anything in your immediate area that would be a sociable activity in which you could make friends? Or, if you want to stay on your laptop, you could join a social media site (I have made many friends on Tumblr, for example) or contribute to one of the threads in the 'Hobbies and Interests' section to find like-minded people.
And, if all else fails, I'll be your friend :yep:
Original post by guitaristemily
i cant talk to ayone in real life about this. sorry.

i dont even know

Were just worried that this can manifest and get very bad very quickly hun.

What exactly are you scared of about talking to people?

Everyone to start with is scared to talk about it in real life, as talking about it to someone makes it real. But unless you talk about it it wont get better. And mental health is very difficult to get better the longer it is there. Yes there isnt a quick fix, but there is so much help and support out there, and i really feel you will benefit from alot of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by trekkin
Is there anything in your immediate area that would be a sociable activity in which you could make friends? Or, if you want to stay on your laptop, you could join a social media site (I have made many friends on Tumblr, for example) or contribute to one of the threads in the 'Hobbies and Interests' section to find like-minded people.
And, if all else fails, I'll be your friend :yep:

I've thought about that, but I used to do social activities but never made any friends, I feel like I'm unlikeable. :frown:

Thank you so much. :smile: And I'd love to be friends. :hugs:
Original post by PonchoKid
Were just worried that this can manifest and get very bad very quickly hun.

What exactly are you scared of about talking to people?

Everyone to start with is scared to talk about it in real life, as talking about it to someone makes it real. But unless you talk about it it wont get better. And mental health is very difficult to get better the longer it is there. Yes there isnt a quick fix, but there is so much help and support out there, and i really feel you will benefit from alot of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i dont know why i am scared in the first place.
I've thought about that, but I used to do social activities but never made any friends, I feel like I'm unlikeable. :frown:

No, sweetheart, that's not true at all! Maybe the people that were there just didn't fit with you. It's by no means your fault.
:jumphug: You got a friend in me :heart:
Taking a break from packing. I have almost everything in one room just need to box it up. Also found some clothes I had forgotten about which means I need to do another load of washing. Heading to see family in a couple of hours and then back to finish up tonight. Then depending on how long that takes I might make some cookies to take down with me. Not sure about having wuick nap given my history of them turning into three hour sleeps. May have to set an alarm or five.
Original post by guitaristemily
i dont know why i am scared in the first place.

Thats quite a usual fear, possibly fear of the unknown?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think you're unlikeable in the slightest! :lovehug:
Original post by superwolf

Good to have you about the place. :hugs: :h:

I'll try to remain good :teehee: Thank you! :hugs:

-----------------------------------------

Playing football later, my competitiveness is bubbling :colone:
Original post by PonchoKid
Thats quite a usual fear, possibly fear of the unknown?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i dunno.
Dad just said I'm getting better physically (which is probably true, or at least getting better at managing it) but my motivations there and I'm fine psychologically :erm: Do I really hide it all that well or does he just not notice it? :s-smilie:
Original post by trekkin
No, sweetheart, that's not true at all! Maybe the people that were there just didn't fit with you. It's by no means your fault.
:jumphug: You got a friend in me :heart:

Thank you so much, it means a lot :hugs:

How are you doing? :hugs:
I don't think you're unlikeable in the slightest! :lovehug:

Thank you so much, it means a lot to me. :lovehug:

I have very very low confidence. :frown:
Thank you so much, it means a lot to me. :lovehug:

I have very very low confidence. :frown:

:hugs: I think a lot of people on here under-appreciate their own awesomeness. But the truth is you're fantastic! :dance:
I'm the best in the world at being me! No one can come anywhere close :smug: :u: :teehee:
I went to all of my lectures this week!!!! I know it's not something to be proud about for a lot of people, but my attendence was shocking last year.
:hugs: I think a lot of people on here under-appreciate their own awesomeness. But the truth is you're fantastic! :dance:

I can't rep this. :frown: But I really want to! :frown:

Thank you so much, it means a lot. You're fantastic too. :smile:

And everyone on this thread is amazing. :hugs:
I can't rep this. :frown: But I really want to! :frown:

Thank you so much, it means a lot. You're fantastic too. :smile:

And everyone on this thread is amazing. :hugs:

It takes someone amazing to know someone amazing! :h: :hugs:

Original post by .snowflake.
I went to all of my lectures this week!!!! I know it's not something to be proud about for a lot of people, but my attendence was shocking last year.

You go girl! Very proud of you and hey! If it means something to you, then it's worth it :hugs:
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest