The Student Room Group

Registered Address whilst living in student halls.

Hello.
I'm a mature student who is looking to apply to UCS Ipswich to study in 2015.
I was just wondering if anyone has kept their registered address as their home when living in student halls?
My reasons for this is because i have quite a severe long term medical condition. My parents live an hour and a half away from the uni I am applying for (I'm applying for suffolk university and my home is in Norfolk) and the reason I want to keep my address as my parents is because I want to keep my doctor who knows all about my health etc. I am already allowed to keep my car at the uni should I need to come home for the doctors but I wasn't sure if it is uncommon to do this and if it would cause problems.
My doctor told me if i changed my address and stayed registered with them my doctor would have to come and see me which seems a bit strange to me.
The main issue I can see with this is my repeat prescriptions but I am very close to my family and would come home to see them regularly so I could collect it then I guess.
I'm not applying through a school or education provider so I don't have the range of advice readly available for me, hence the essay!
Thank you!
Deborah
Original post by debmfzb
Hello.
I was just wondering if anyone has kept their registered address as their home when living in student halls?
My reasons for this is because i have quite a severe long term medical condition. My parents live an hour and a half away from the uni I am applying for (I'm applying for suffolk university and my home is in Norfolk) and the reason I want to keep my address as my parents is because I want to keep my doctor who knows all about my health etc. I am already allowed to keep my car at the uni should I need to come home for the doctors but I wasn't sure if it is uncommon to do this and if it would cause problems.
My doctor told me if i changed my address and stayed registered with them my doctor would have to come and see me which seems a bit strange to me.
The main issue I can see with this is my repeat prescriptions but I am very close to my family and would come home to see them regularly so I could collect it then I guess.
I'm not applying through a school or education provider so I don't have the range of advice readly available for me, hence the essay!
Thank you!
Deborah

I would say that most people do.

It can be a problem with regards finance if you have too many changes of address.
Reply 2
Original post by tiny hobbit
I would say that most people do.

It can be a problem with regards finance if you have too many changes of address.

Do you mean most people keep their home address?
Thank you for replying :smile:
Original post by debmfzb
Do you mean most people keep their home address?
Thank you for replying :smile:

Yes. It means that you don't have to keep changing it every year.
Original post by debmfzb
Hello.
Thank you!
Deborah

Hi Deborah,

Have you spoken to our Accommodation Team at UCS? They will be able to provide some advice on this. Call 01473 338833 or email [email protected]

Let me know if you need any other support.

Simon, UCS Student Room Rep

Quick Reply

Latest