The Student Room Group

Where does your university sit in the THE world rankings?

Scroll to see replies

52nd, not really low enough to be funny nor high enough to be impressive. :erm:
Reply 101
201-225
Reply 102
I posted early saying 178 for Aberdeen, but just checked QS and it's 137 there, definitely more accurate :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not even on here! Poor Northumbria
Reading, just outside the top 200!

There, definitely goes our selling point about being a World top 1% university :lol:
Original post by James A
Reading, just outside the top 200!

There, definitely goes our selling point about being a World top 1% university :lol:

Ah...see it's not a Russell group!!! It's not all about the rg ..can't even see Liverpool on there or Southampton :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by poohat
The global tables are mainly focused on research output and postgraduate level study, which means that smaller universities which have less research money do badly, even if they are considered prestigious at the undergrad teaching level. This means that Bath, St Andrews, and Durham do very badly even though they are all considered quite prestigious on a national level within the UK.

Similarly in America you have SLACs like Swarthmore, Williams, Amherst etc which are considered just as prestigious and elite as Princeton/Yale/etc when it comes to undergrad level education, but which dont feature in global tables at all because they arent research-intensive. Its the same situation in France with the Grand Ecoles (ENS, Polytechnique, etc).

Oh right. But I am pretty sure when I clicked on Bath it had a low teaching score (may be wrong as gave a very brief look).
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
This is pretty interesting as well, ranking for top 100 universities 'Under 50 years old'

http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/world-university-rankings/2014/one-hundred-under-fifty

Phew, mine made it onto at least one list!
UC Riverside, the joke of the UC system, 150?! Guess I should happy I am taking a class there and didn't even have to apply.
Original post by HandmadeTurnip
52nd, not really low enough to be funny nor high enough to be impressive. :erm:
52 in the world's pretty impressive, we're ahead of at least one Ivy League. Not that it makes any difference to my ability to get a job, but there's some pride in it.
This is pretty interesting as well, ranking for top 100 universities 'Under 50 years old'

http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/world-university-rankings/2014/one-hundred-under-fifty

My university isn't on there either! :cry:

My university is old and terrible.* :cry2:

*not actually terrible, loved it. Plus it was in the top 400 the year I graduated. :smug:
Don't think mine is in the top 400 >_<
Original post by Captain Jack
Phew, mine made it onto at least one list!

:lol: We'll hold on to that little bit of pride! #Top400uni

Original post by Puddles the Monkey
My university isn't on there either! :cry:

My university is old and terrible.* :cry2:

*not actually terrible, loved it. Plus it was in the top 400 the year I graduated. :smug:

Lmao you escaped while it was still good :ninja:

No but really, as long as YOU enjoyed the experience who cares! :biggrin:
Lmao you escaped while it was still good :ninja:

No but really, as long as YOU enjoyed the experience who cares! :biggrin:

I leave, uni goes down in rankings... just sayin' :ninja:
111th but I couldn't give less of a **** tbh.
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
I leave, uni goes down in rankings... just sayin' :ninja:

Why sir...It can only be...'The Puddles Effect' :colone:
118 on the Times one and 275 on the QS one (wow, wonder why it's so much lower on this league table)

Ah well, don't think it means much anyways.
201-225 in times, 127th in QS. Woo Newcastle
Original post by nicatre
111th but I couldn't give less of a **** tbh.

Yes but our Chancellor is in doctor who so we have that going for us.

And our old Chancellor was in jurassic Park.

Quick Reply

Latest