The Student Room Group

The Somali Society Mk III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Secretnerd123
Yeaah aloot more independent!! :redface:
Travelling is good as I like commuting by trains but i've still not adjusted to the early mornings. Ive been late to almost every single lec since I started :eek: I got kicked out 2 times this week by the same lecturer for being 10-12 mins late so was quite embarrassed :colondollar: i need to start waking up at 6am from now on! (I start at 12 tomorrow so sleeping late tonight)

Yeaah i made friends with 2 really nice girls on my course. I made other friends through societies but hang out with these two mainly. Its still early days so will obvs become closer with more people as the year progresses i'A :smile:

Awwww bless you! I would have been so embarrassed! How many people are usually in a lecture hall and when do you usually set off from home on a day with an early start?
That's good and yh inshaaA you'll deffo make more lovely friends :biggrin:
How's the Isoc btw?
I'm asking you so many questions! :lol:
our isoc seperates males from females :lol:. gender discrimination. i quit it
Original post by Anonynous
our isoc seperates males from females :lol:. gender discrimination. i quit it

May Allah guide you...and us all! Ameen :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JuliusSeizure

Posted from TSR Mobile

i went uni for thots not anti-feminism

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ameen..

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol k :smile::lol:

virgin talks

I realised muslims say that when they are unable to bring in girls
Original post by Biryani007
Awwww bless you! I would have been so embarrassed! How many people are usually in a lecture hall and when do you usually set off from home on a day with an early start?
That's good and yh inshaaA you'll deffo make more lovely friends :biggrin:
How's the Isoc btw?
I'm asking you so many questions! :lol:

Haha :colondollar:
There are approx 100 students on my course and 95 of us are girls :eek: :biggrin: I leave home at 8.30 when I have 10am starts and at 7.30 when I start at 9.

InshaAllah
The isoc is nice. A bit meh as I find the events arent organised very well but they are nice and friendly alhamdulillah

Lol no worries :biggrin:
There are approx 100 students on my course and 95 of us are girls :eek: :biggrin: I leave home at 8.30 when I have 10am starts and at 7.30 when I start at 9.

InshaAllah
The isoc is nice. A bit meh as I find the events arent organised very well but they are nice and friendly alhamdulillah

Hahah I feel sorry for the guys! My psychology class back in AS had only 2 guys and the teacher would always make them feel awkward (she was kind of very inappropriate :lol:)

Ahh ok, been late again? :mmm:

Aww that's good, what kind of events have there been so far?

Phew because I just asked some more :colondollar:

InshaAllah

Let me know wen uve studied behavioural psychology. intersting area i want to explore in relation to econ principles. i will need some of ur insight tho
Hahah I feel sorry for the guys! My psychology class back in AS had only 2 guys and the teacher would always make them feel awkward (she was kind of very inappropriate :lol:)

Ahh ok, been late again? :mmm:

Aww that's good, what kind of events have there been so far?

Phew because I just asked some more :colondollar:

Hahahah aw :lol:
And nah thankfully. Ive been waking up early these days :angel:

There havent been that many because its only been 2 weeks but they had a welcome dinner the first week friday which i didn't attend (I attended the khutba and talked to a few girls tho) because it clashed with a psychology soc event (which was amazing must I add ). They had a speaker coming in on wed and i went but then it got cancelled :/ . They should have more events soon i'A :biggrin:

How was your fast (if you did)?

Original post by Anonynous
Let me know wen uve studied behavioural psychology. intersting area i want to explore in relation to econ principles. i will need some of ur insight tho

Behavioural psych is AMAZINGGGG!!
I did it at alevel and loved it! It basically says that we are a product of our surroundings (I believe in this theory). We're not gonna study it at uni till next year though. This year is full of biological psych which is HORRENDOUS. I bloody hate bio. The lat time I did it was at gcse and dont remember anything! Im siting there like "whats a neuron?" :lol:

And the lecturers dont interact yhat much with the students so its hard to go to them after the lecture and ask :frown:
Hahahah aw :lol:
And nah thankfully. Ive been waking up early these days :angel:

There havent been that many because its only been 2 weeks but they had a welcome dinner the first week friday which i didn't attend (I attended the khutba and talked to a few girls tho) because it clashed with a psychology soc event (which was amazing must I add ). They had a speaker coming in on wed and i went but then it got cancelled :/ . They should have more events soon i'A :biggrin:

How was your fast (if you did)?

Aww I'm glad :smile:

Oooo ok, what was the psych event on?

I didn't fast today...had to be drinking lots and lots of water and taking medication because I'm unwell :frown:
How was yours (if you did :lol:)?
https://mobile.twitter.com/novelaholic my friend wants more Somalian followers thanks :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Aww I'm glad :smile:

Oooo ok, what was the psych event on?

I didn't fast today...had to be drinking lots and lots of water and taking medication because I'm unwell :frown:
How was yours (if you did :lol:)?

It was just an ice breaker event where everyone got to know eachother. There were quite a few games which were fun. Qm is very multi-cultural so nobody felt out of place (something I was worried about). This girl told me that the psych course at ucl is 99% white so im sort of glad I didn't get in :lol:

Ohhh i see :frown: hows the recovery gping darling?
Haha :teehee: yeah i did. It was very hard (esp the last few hours before iftar!) because I didn't have sehri but I got through it alhamdulillaaaah :h:
Eid Mubarak everyone :biggrin:

تَقَبَّلَ اللّهُ مِنَّ وَ مِنْكُمْ

May Allah accept it from us and you.
Original post by themorninglight

Jzk and u too girl :smile:
It doesnt feel like Eid tomorrow for me. Who else feels this way :tongue:
It was just an ice breaker event where everyone got to know eachother. There were quite a few games which were fun. Qm is very multi-cultural so nobody felt out of place (something I was worried about). This girl told me that the psych course at ucl is 99% white so im sort of glad I didn't get in :lol:

Ohhh i see :frown: hows the recovery gping darling?
Haha :teehee: yeah i did. It was very hard (esp the last few hours before iftar!) because I didn't have sehri but I got through it alhamdulillaaaah :h:

Seeeeee everything happens for a reason! :biggrin:

I'm not even getting better lol but Alhamdulillah my 'difficulty' is nothing in comparison to others...just hope I'm well enough to enjoy Eid inshaaA. Was supposed to help my gran with the cooking too :frown:

Awww bless you, but subhaanA 2 years worth of minor sins expiated! :biggrin:

Original post by themorninglight

Ameen!
Eid mubarak to you too! How've you been girl? :smile:
It doesnt feel like Eid tomorrow for me. Who else feels this way :tongue:

I haven't bought any clothes due to being too busy, practically coming to sleep around tomorrow. Not even going to bother with eid this time around.

Still going to order tons of cake :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by missfats
I haven't bought any clothes due to being too busy, practically coming to sleep around tomorrow. Not even going to bother with eid this time around.

Still going to order tons of cake :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ive been very very busy lately. Im actually going to sleep the entire day tomorrow. I feel so sleep deprived man :frown:

Behavioural psych is AMAZINGGGG!!
I did it at alevel and loved it! It basically says that we are a product of our surroundings (I believe in this theory). We're not gonna study it at uni till next year though. This year is full of biological psych which is HORRENDOUS. I bloody hate bio. The lat time I did it was at gcse and dont remember anything! Im siting there like "whats a neuron?" :lol:

And the lecturers dont interact yhat much with the students so its hard to go to them after the lecture and ask :frown:

ahh great, you studied. lets assume a relationship between positive future growth prospects and increasin interest rates. today the federal reserve announced an increase in central rates and there was an inverse correleation with the price of gold which went down. An increase in interest rates would assume contractionary fiscal implementation which suggests the S&P500* has stable growth. my hyptoheisis is that gold is used as a substitute investment product to hedge de risk of credit default of us firms when economic future is uncertain. now with relation to behavioural psychology attached to the field of finance, could it be possible to assume a psychological distinction with regards to individuals incentive to attribute past events with instinctive speculation to future potentieallities?

so, even if a reason to why rates were increased is announced could you correlate the fact that investors supposed theory to why rates would increase would make peoples reaction to an increase consistent with expectations. how would you go about conducting a measurement which would show the relation between a populations behaviour vs efficient market valuations (supposing they're based on same determinents). what data gathering methods are used by psychologists?

S&P500* - A recollection of top 500 us firms (representitive of economy)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending