The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mr tim
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sturridge-unlikely-fit-face-west-7874419

Sturridge unlikely for the weekend. Guess maybe the injury is worse than 1st thought as he could have made it for Everton match.

that's a shame.
i didn't think he'd be back for the derby anyway
but i thought he'd be 50/50 for basel but definite for west brom.
it's a real shame but at least he's certain to be back after the international break.

Original post by Juan Mata
another loss on the way then

nah, west brom at home.
a loss would be soul destroying.

in fairness to us, it isn't like we've been failing to beat relegation teams in the league - man city, aston villa, west ham
the latter two aren't meant to be hard matches in truth, but it isn't like we've been failing to beat QPR or burnley for instance.

west brom aren't terrible (they're on decent form), but they are our easiest match in the league so far.
anything less than a win at home would be the lowest point of our season.

Original post by samir12
I don't want another weekend ruined, may miss this one out....

have faith man, it isn't like we're against chelsea.
regardless of the fact that our form is poor and WBA's is good, we're still the better team.
until the match is over we have an opportunity to win it; just need to have faith that we'll pick up the points and get the job done in whatever fashion.

Remember when that guy scored the same amount of goals as Suarez, but did it from the wing and in a less attacking team :moon:

one word to blow your argument out of the water.

penalties.
Original post by Lúcio

one word to blow your argument out of the water.

penalties.

bruh. Ronaldo scored 5 penalties. Take them away and he's still undeniably better that Suarez in goalscoring terms.
bruh. Ronaldo scored 5 penalties. Take them away and he's still undeniably better that Suarez in goalscoring terms.

meh, ronaldo was and is world class - aint taking that away from him.

but let's not forget that suarez was near the top of the assists charts too, creating a ridiculous amount for our team whilst also getting the golden boot.

also it isn't just that ronaldo only scored 5 pens, it's that he got to take them.
our style of play (especially last season) generally gave us a lot of penalties
we got 12 penalties last season and we missed 2 (sturridge vs everton, gerrard vs united)
gerrard converted 10 penalties in the league.
suarez wouldn't have scored as many as gerrard did but imagine how many extra goals he would've had?
i would say 7 or 8 minumum, which would've boosted his goals talley to the high 30s.
if he for instance ended up with 38 goals last season (with penalties), we wouldn't even be debating here (which in itself is a shame).

it isn't always about figures - suarez without pens (31) is a comparable season to ronaldo's.
suarez with pens (38 ish) would be seen as easily superior than ronaldo's
just those extra goals from penalties that really don't require much world class ability could completely change the perception of a player's campaign.

both players were absolutely world class but i certainly wouldn't say ronaldo's season was better than suarez's
****s sake why is jam bannnned
Reply 3484
Please don't compare Ronaldo and Suarez, lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
not looking good for sturridge.. best case scenario now seems to be a few minutes off the bench..

Shame for the lad, feel like these constant injuries may just hold him back from really reaching the amazing heights that he could..

Fear for you lot without him though.. sure your defense looks a bit better, but I am not confident of a clean sheet, and without sturridge, let alone with an underperforming sterling (not his fault at all) I cant see you scoring many..

Feeling it may be 1-1, or 1-0 to either team..
God forbid we lose it. I might top myself.
Original post by Mackay
God forbid we lose it. I might top myself.

I second that.
Original post by Lúcio
I second that.

Thirded

Posted from TSR Mobile
This thread'll be quiet next week then
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/171796-sturridge-signs-long-term-lfc-deal

Sturridge signs a new contract until 2019. £150k/wk as known couple of days ago.
Original post by mr tim
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/171796-sturridge-signs-long-term-lfc-deal

Sturridge signs a new contract until 2019. £150k/wk as known couple of days ago.

seems like a fair price for both club and player to be honest..

If he could stay injury free, should be way more then that though..
how poverty is it that he's signing a blank piece of paper
If we win tomorrow, Sunday football is gonna be fun to watch.
If we don't win tomorrow it's just gonna be depressing.

Them again it's not like this thread would be particularly active if another travesty occurs...
Original post by Lúcio
If we win tomorrow, Sunday football is gonna be fun to watch.
If we don't win tomorrow it's just gonna be depressing.

Them again it's not like this thread would be particularly active if another travesty occurs...

If you lot lose tomorrow then i cant begin to imagine the pressure that Rodgers will feel. Could even be in the relegation spots or level with those in the relegation spots on points. Would be so hilarious :wink:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
how poverty is it that he's signing a blank piece of paper

Not really going to sign the actual contract on photo is he? Let everyone know contract details :tongue:

I guess they could hash something up but who cares really.
Usually I'm excited about watching Liverpool play but since our recent form has been absolutely dreadful I'm really worried.

I feel like it'll be a 0-0 draw or a scrappy 1-0 win to either side.

Hopefully the team puts in a good performance and scores a few goals so we can finally start to forget the past few weeks and begin a run of winning games... :crossedf:
It'll be a resounding 3/4-1/0 win probably.

Can't get much worse than recently, and whilst i've been filled with pessimism towards Liverpool since the Villa game, i think this will be different.
Balotelli needs to score tomorrow, his record of 1 goal in his last 20 PL games is not good enough.

I think West Brom will be up for it and will get something out of the game, I think a 1-1 draw.
If West Brom shut up shop and don't look for anything I reckon we will lose or draw. If they come looking for a win and leave space I think we will win.

Gonna say it will be a **** game and draw or loss tomorrow.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest