The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Autistic Merit
I hope not!

The youngest I would date would be 21.

Yes but thankfully I've not followed through with it yet.

Those unis are fine tbh. I don't think it makes that much difference which uni you go to.

Are you guilty of favouritism? Be honest..
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Are you guilty of favouritism? Be honest..

Not really. I teach hundreds of different kids each week, I don't have time for favourites and least favourites.
A bit too personal really. I've added the teacher pay scales here though:

Why title you thread 'Ask me anything' then?
What university did you go to? Is the school you teach at a comprehensive, grammar or private? And is it a good school? Are the pupils easy to control?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What made you create this thread?

Do you like teaching teenagers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hope not!

The youngest I would date would be 21.

Yes but thankfully I've not followed through with it yet.

Those unis are fine tbh. I don't think it makes that much difference which uni you go to.

Really? A 22 year old man dated me when I was 16! I don't think it matters

Posted from TSR Mobile
What is your life goal?
What is your close future goal as a teacher?
What topic do you find most satisfying to teach?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have you always wanted to be a teacher?

Have you got any hidden talents?

Are you creative in any way?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Edminzodo
What university did you go to? Is the school you teach at a comprehensive, grammar or private? And is it a good school? Are the pupils easy to control?

Posted from TSR Mobile

- A top 50 university, not going more specific than that.

- Comprehensive (an academy)

- I'd say it's an okay school but low level disruption and answering back are severe issues that plague every department of the school.

Original post by Madmatician
What made you create this thread?

Do you like teaching teenagers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

- I enjoy the attention.

- Depends on what mood I'm in (I would say I have quite severe mood swings). Generally, yes though because they're interesting.
What do you feel about dual or triple degrees? Like 'French and Spanish with International Relations' and 'Law with English'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lozasaurus99
Really? A 22 year old man dated me when I was 16! I don't think it matters

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have to politely disagree. If I dated a 16 year old, then I would officially be dating a Year 11. That's just wrong.

Original post by C0balt
What is your life goal?
What is your close future goal as a teacher?
What topic do you find most satisfying to teach?

Posted from TSR Mobile

- To find a woman that I can share my most intimate thoughts and feelings with. Added to that, to have children that I can be immensely proud of.

- To have a really successful teacher relationship with one of the more difficult students in the school (I have struggled with every one of the hardcore students that I teach and I can't seem to reach any of them).

- Algebra - solving equations, substitution, expanding brackets etc.

Original post by Madmatician
Have you always wanted to be a teacher?

Have you got any hidden talents?

Are you creative in any way?

Posted from TSR Mobile

- Yes although my parents wanted me to be a badminton player

- Not really. I can make a funny noise with my knees but nothing other than that.

- I'm okay with creative writing but can't draw, sing or play music.
Original post by Firenze26
What do you feel about dual or triple degrees? Like 'French and Spanish with International Relations' and 'Law with English'

Posted from TSR Mobile

Absolutely fine to have a bit of variety in a degree. I just did maths on its own and actually wish I did a dual degree in hindsight.
Would you date an ex-student, who you felt passionate about, if they were 18 and no longer attended your school?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Obiejess
Would you date an ex-student, who you felt passionate about, if they were 18 and no longer attended your school?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No. Purely because I would be unable to have a normal teaching life without hearing "disgusting... you're going out with someone that you used to teach" from both students and other teachers.
No. Purely because I would be unable to have a normal teaching life without hearing "disgusting... you're going out with someone that you used to teach" from both students and other teachers.

If you fell in love with a student to the point of insanity and they were overage and wanted to be with you, would you resign for them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Obiejess
If you fell in love with a student to the point of insanity and they were overage and wanted to be with you, would you resign for them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only if I knew that I would be able to secure a job at another school. I doubt I would give up teaching altogether.
Will you ever give anyone a bad reference? Or have you...

Posted from TSR Mobile
how much work do you have to do outside of school for your classes?
Are you a virgin?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vivaronaldoo
Will you ever give anyone a bad reference? Or have you...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haven't done so yet but of course I will if they deserve it.

Latest