The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DustToDust
I sent mine a month ago (lit) and mine is the only one in the school not to have been sent back yet:confused:

Ohh that IS weird....:confused: I don't think any of ours have come back yet
Has anybody had a Unit 1 Literature Remark? My unit 2 came back 10 marks higher but overall Im 1 mark away from A* so Im really anxious about unit 1!
Original post by Muaaz98
Has anybody had a Unit 1 Literature Remark? My unit 2 came back 10 marks higher but overall Im 1 mark away from A* so Im really anxious about unit 1!

Sorry no, I'm waiting on a unit 2 remark. Just out of curiosity, which poem section did you study? Amazing to go up 10 marks, gives me a bit more hope haha!
Sorry no, I'm waiting on a unit 2 remark. Just out of curiosity, which poem section did you study? Amazing to go up 10 marks, gives me a bit more hope haha!

We did relationships and I answered the The Farmer's Bride question, I genuinely thought I flopped that paper and rightly so I got a B (55/70) but my remark came back at 65/70 and 2 marks into A* LOL. Another boy in my class gained 9 marks and now were all waiting for the Unit 1s to come back! I thought I smashed that paper but only came out with a Mid A need 1 more mark so yeah there's always a chance!
Original post by Muaaz98
We did relationships and I answered the The Farmer's Bride question, I genuinely thought I flopped that paper and rightly so I got a B (55/70) but my remark came back at 65/70 and 2 marks into A* LOL. Another boy in my class gained 9 marks and now were all waiting for the Unit 1s to come back! I thought I smashed that paper but only came out with a Mid A need 1 more mark so yeah there's always a chance!

You have just made my day!! I did exactly the same question and got 56/70 and I need 1 more UMS for an overall A*. I thought I did terrible in it and i'm just praying the remark examiner is kind! Well done! :smile:
You have just made my day!! I did exactly the same question and got 56/70 and I need 1 more UMS for an overall A*. I thought I did terrible in it and i'm just praying the remark examiner is kind! Well done! :smile:

Lol wow what are the chances of that?! Best of luck in your remark! What did you get in Unit 1 if I may ask?
Original post by Muaaz98
Lol wow what are the chances of that?! Best of luck in your remark! What did you get in Unit 1 if I may ask?

I got 80/80, tbh I think that was marked too high, but i'm not complaining:colondollar:
I got 80/80, tbh I think that was marked too high, but i'm not complaining:colondollar:

Wow well done!!! That fills me up with a lot of confidence as I was getting over 60/68 in all mocks and in the exam I somehow only got 45/68 in the final (66 UMS) and I just thought id been marked wrong the whole year! We both just need 1 mark now do let me know how your remark goes =D
Original post by Muaaz98
Wow well done!!! That fills me up with a lot of confidence as I was getting over 60/68 in all mocks and in the exam I somehow only got 45/68 in the final (66 UMS) and I just thought id been marked wrong the whole year! We both just need 1 mark now do let me know how your remark goes =D

Hope you get your A*, I sent mine off a nearly a month ago now, they take their time:mad:
Hope you get your A*, I sent mine off a nearly a month ago now, they take their time:mad:

Yeah AQA is a piece of ***t exam board the fact that they even have to offer so many remarks shows their own distrust in their marking. My unit 2 came back in 2 weeks but its been over a month for unit 1 and its slowly drilling a hole in my brain! I read on some thread that a guys language paper went up 26 marks! 26!! How much weed have these examiners been smoking man
I got my AQA English Lit paper 1 back today and went up 10ums! Can't say I have much faith in their marking but I'm not complaining aha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by econam
I got my AQA English Lit paper 1 back today and went up 10ums! Can't say I have much faith in their marking but I'm not complaining aha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay! Well done:smile:
Yay! Well done:smile:

Thanks, all the best for your outcome:smile:
Got two remarks back today, both English Lit and Business Studies went from As to A*s :cool: :biggrin:

English up 7 UMS and Business up 4
Oh my god Aqa take forever!!! Anybody know when the remark deadline is for exam boards to have all the remarks in?
Reply 475
Original post by Muaaz98

I was a mark off an A* and did not get the mark. I got Unit 1 re-marked.

However, it is now too late to send off the other paper. I wanted to send my Unit 2 paper in, but AQA took so long to get the other remark results back to me, that the deadline has now passed :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 476
Original post by Muaaz98
Oh my god Aqa take forever!!! Anybody know when the remark deadline is for exam boards to have all the remarks in?

It was 15th September :smile:
Original post by ok2
I was a mark off an A* and did not get the mark. I got Unit 1 re-marked.

However, it is now too late to send off the other paper. I wanted to send my Unit 2 paper in, but AQA took so long to get the other remark results back to me, that the deadline has now passed :frown:

I didn't mean the deadline for students to send back papers for remarks, I meant the deadline for aqa to have it marked by as regulated by ofqual - I can't find it anywhere and my paper still hasn't come despite being over a month since I sent it. Im at 179 ums as well need 1 mark soooo disappointed to hear about you, im now very anxious and expecting a bad result.
My Physics went up by 4UMS from an A to an A*!
Reply 479
Original post by Muaaz98
I didn't mean the deadline for students to send back papers for remarks, I meant the deadline for aqa to have it marked by as regulated by ofqual - I can't find it anywhere and my paper still hasn't come despite being over a month since I sent it. Im at 179 ums as well need 1 mark soooo disappointed to hear about you, im now very anxious and expecting a bad result.

Oh right, ok, sorry. I read somewhere that it was sometime in November (I can't seem to find it again, but I read it somewhere on the AQA website). Don't worry about it, they do take a really long time, but you'll get it soon :biggrin:

I know :frown: it is really upsetting. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get the mark :biggrin:. Some people have gone up by a significant amount, so I'm sure you'll be fine too :smile:

Latest