The Student Room Group

Help a Struggling Guy get a new look!

So this ^ is me last week, On holiday in Spain.... I've known for ages my "Look" is ****, and it's time that changed :smile:
A little background:

I wear alot of Shirts, Chinos, Jeans, Superdry T-Shirts etc, I've never owned a pair of trackies in my life, or anything from sports direct for that matter, Wear mostly Converse/ pair of nike's etc etc.... Had pretty much the same hairstyle since 2009, Grade 6, easy ****, 10 min snip every 2 weeks...

Olive skinned, Slim figure, Fair bit of muscle in my arms but not realy anywhere else, 6ft 1", 17 years old...

What do you think of my "Look" at the moment (Feel free to take the piss. Slate/ Hate, whatever floats your boat) What do I need to change?

Suggestions for a new hairstyle? Need a new Wardrobe?

Thanks Guys, Will really help me out :smile: Rep to whoever is actually helpful :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ryan-Slade
x

You're only 17... change your hairstyle.
Reply 2
Original post by jenigma
You're only 17... change your hairstyle.

Change it to what though ?
Change it to what though ?

Anything! More hair, try like a quiff but don't do a Jedward.. You look like you could grow thick hair :lol:

So this ^ is me last week, On holiday in Spain.... I've known for ages my "Look" is ****, and it's time that changed :smile:
A little background:

I wear alot of Shirts, Chinos, Jeans, Superdry T-Shirts etc, I've never owned a pair of trackies in my life, or anything from sports direct for that matter, Wear mostly Converse/ pair of nike's etc etc.... Had pretty much the same hairstyle since 2009, Grade 6, easy ****, 10 min snip every 2 weeks...

Olive skinned, Slim figure, Fair bit of muscle in my arms but not realy anywhere else, 6ft 1", 17 years old...

What do you think of my "Look" at the moment (Feel free to take the piss. Slate/ Hate, whatever floats your boat) What do I need to change?

Suggestions for a new hairstyle? Need a new Wardrobe?

Thanks Guys, Will really help me out :smile: Rep to whoever is actually helpful :smile:

You're a decent looking guy, however you could make a few changes that could improve your look further.

- Different hairstyle experiment a little bit to find something that makes you feel good and is easy to maintain
- New style of clothes you definitely couldn't go wrong with smart-casual attire things like shirts, cardigans, boots etc.
- Working out at the gym can help you boost your confidence as you build up more testosterone and ofcourse muscles! :tongue:

You're only 17 which means that your still growing
Reply 5
Original post by Black Cat
You're a decent looking guy, however you could make a few changes that could improve your look further.

- Different hairstyle experiment a little bit to find something that makes you feel good and is easy to maintain
- New style of clothes you definitely couldn't go wrong with smart-casual attire things like shirts, cardigans, boots etc.
- Working out at the gym can help you boost your confidence as you build up more testosterone and ofcourse muscles! :tongue:

You're only 17 which means that your still growing

Wow, Thanks for that, I think it's the skin, Seems to be classed as relativley good looking regardless... I know I need a decent hairstyle, Don't really know what woud work though, Any ideas? As for the clothes, already wear alot of shirts, never thought about Cardigans/blazers or boots, Might have a look at those thanks!

Ahh they gym, Yes that is something I really should be doing, time for a subscription I think :smile:

Thanks really helpful, Rep given :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by jenigma
Anything! More hair, try like a quiff but don't do a Jedward.. You look like you could grow thick hair :lol:

Caan't go too long, I get "Wings", hair sticks out at the sides and takes major amounts of gel to keep it flat, Any other thoughts?
Caan't go too long, I get "Wings", hair sticks out at the sides and takes major amounts of gel to keep it flat, Any other thoughts?

Don't go too long then!
Smart/casual attire could help. Try chukkas/oxford/vans instead of Nike.

You don't look bad actually, just a different hairstyle, your attire is already fine :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by jenigma
Don't go too long then!
Smart/casual attire could help. Try chukkas/oxford/vans instead of Nike.

You don't look bad actually, just a different hairstyle, your attire is already fine :smile:

Thanks, Actually have some Vans! don't wear them to often, Prefer the converse's :smile: Never heard of the other two, I'll give them a look :smile:

Thanks :smile: Would go with the popular "Short sides, long on top" look but dunno how it'd fit in, Might have to do some googling, Thanks :smile:
Thanks, Actually have some Vans! don't wear them to often, Prefer the converse's :smile: Never heard of the other two, I'll give them a look :smile:

Thanks :smile: Would go with the popular "Short sides, long on top" look but dunno how it'd fit in, Might have to do some googling, Thanks :smile:

That's the hairstyle I meant when I said quiff! Grow your hair out anyway, longer than how it is now should make a difference :smile:
Build up some muscle mate. New hair style too. With muscles every clothing will suit you.
Reply 11
Original post by jenigma
That's the hairstyle I meant when I said quiff! Grow your hair out anyway, longer than how it is now should make a difference :smile:

Ahhhhh right! thanks, I'll let it grow while I See what Ideas I come up with :smile:
Wow, Thanks for that, I think it's the skin, Seems to be classed as relativley good looking regardless... I know I need a decent hairstyle, Don't really know what woud work though, Any ideas? As for the clothes, already wear alot of shirts, never thought about Cardigans/blazers or boots, Might have a look at those thanks!

Ahh they gym, Yes that is something I really should be doing, time for a subscription I think :smile:

Thanks really helpful, Rep given :smile:

Medium length hair would definitely suit you the best not too long nor too short, keep the sides shorter than the top. If you want to know more about the hairstyle you could try have a look on here http://www.fashionbeans.com/category/mens-hairstyles-gallery/mens-medium-length-hairstyles-gallery/

Now as for the shoes check out desert boots, vans, loafers, doc martins, and sneakers. You'll definitely find something of your taste. Where do you normally shop? Try out stores like Topman, H&M, Zara, Debenhams, ASOS and uniqlo you can buy some decent cardigans, blazers, jeans, and jumpers from there.

Goodluck
Reply 13
Original post by KittyRe-play
Build up some muscle mate. New hair style too. With muscles every clothing will suit you.

Thanks :smile: Any suggestions for getting that done? particular Machines to head for ?
Thanks :smile: Any suggestions for getting that done? particular Machines to head for ?

I have a cousin who is a training professional and makes fitness/diet plans and timetables. I will ask him to make one for you and i can PM it to you...If you want?
Reply 15
I have a cousin who is a training professional and makes fitness/diet plans and timetables. I will ask him to make one for you and i can PM it to you...If you want?

That'd be awesome, thanks! :smile:

Particular machines would be weight lifting machines. Something to build up your biceps especially cuz they look kinda dull. Grow your hair a bit...spiked up will suit you but try some different styles out as well. :h:
That'd be awesome, thanks! :smile:

Okay cool then. I will get back to you as soon as possible. :biggrin:
Reply 18
Original post by Black Cat
Medium length hair would definitely suit you the best not too long nor too short, keep the sides shorter than the top. If you want to know more about the hairstyle you could try have a look on here http://www.fashionbeans.com/category/mens-hairstyles-gallery/mens-medium-length-hairstyles-gallery/

Now as for the shoes check out desert boots, vans, loafers, doc martins, and sneakers. You'll definitely find something of your taste. Where do you normally shop? Try out stores like Topman, H&M, Zara, Debenhams, ASOS and uniqlo you can buy some decent cardigans, blazers, jeans, and jumpers from there.

Goodluck

I normally go to Superdry, Asos and Topman, Love their stuff...
Thanks, will go take a look through that site :smile:
Reply 19
Particular machines would be weight lifting machines. Something to build up your biceps especially cuz they look kinda dull. Grow your hair a bit...spiked up will suit you but try some different styles out as well. :h:

Thanks, Gunna sign up with the local Gym on monday :smile:

Okay cool then. I will get back to you as soon as possible. :biggrin:

Okay thanks:smile: Be really helpful

Quick Reply

Latest