The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mr.loverluver
Why would you feel worthless or unliked something must have occured to make you feel this way?:frown: :hugs:

The last few weeks have been tough. Started uni and haven't felt good, feel lonely and not enjoying it. Haven't been able to sleep properly and these thoughts occupy my mind all the time.
Original post by moment of truth
The last few weeks have been tough. Started uni and haven't felt good, feel lonely and not enjoying it. Haven't been able to sleep properly and these thoughts occupy my mind all the time.

Trust me I know how you feel sometimes trying to fit in can be difficult:sigh: but I'm sure everything will turn around sometimes I feel left out and lonely but I eventually started making friends I'm sure if you think positive everything will get better and I hope you start feeling better :wink:.
Original post by IDukem
She didn't have a gender symbol and so when she told me her name, I replied with the jokey comment. I'm doing all right, tired from playing football last night but fine nonethless. You? :hugs:

Oh ok, I'm on the app so I can't see them anyway :redface: Good tired though if it's from playing football? I'm alright, didn't have a great day yesterday but today's been alright so far which is good! Kind of dizzy though, thought I'd got rid of that :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
Oh ok, I'm on the app so I can't see them anyway :redface: Good tired though if it's from playing football? I'm alright, didn't have a great day yesterday but today's been alright so far which is good! Kind of dizzy though, thought I'd got rid of that :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's all right :smile: Yeah good tired, although my body is really achy and it took me ages to get to sleep last night :redface: Aww I hope you're all right, perhaps see a doctor if it carries on as it could be a form of vertigo.

:hugs:
Loaded with the cold :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Team_McDreamy
oohhh, tough question :tongue: studies wise, probably what we're doing now (neuro) because the brain is awesome :biggrin: medical-y wise, its a toss up between - i did a week long placement with a GP during the summer and got to take a bunch of bloods and medical histories and generally felt like a doctor :smile: or last week on placement, i got to scrub in on an operation and hold equipment and talk to the surgeon, which was pretty cool :smile:

no problem at all hun :smile: in my last year of sixth form i banned my whole family from speaking about university until after results day because i'd have panic attacks thinking about it, so i really do understand that pressure completely :smile:

i struggle with the exact same thing tbh hun, so i wish i could give you some tips :redface: mainly i'd just say letting people know when you're feeling bad takes the pressure off certain tasks - for example, i told my module coordinators at uni last semester, which meant that they would understand if i didn't meet a deadline, so there was a little less pressure when it came to getting things done, which ended up in me actually being able to meet deadlines instead of hiding under my duvet :redface:

again, something i struggle with too - i've been having mental health problems for at least 5 years now - and i only saw a doctor about them last february :colondollar: and my parents still have no idea :colondollar:

deliciously dangerous though :tongue:

aww wow!! thats soo cool!! so over the 6 years will you get to cover all of the body? :smile: and you know the brain, do we use only 10% of it? wow!! it must feel good to help people! and the experience with loads of different people!! :biggrin: what was the surgery?

:hugs: aah!! yesterday was a rough day! ill spoile some of it just in case! but i told my mum that i dont wont anyone to mention last year to me! it makes me feel sick! i just want to move on and start with a fresh clear head as much as possible and thinking about last year just makes me feel really scared! :frown:

aaahh!!! i think i may do that! mayeb just tell my mum. i spoke to her for ages yesterday and i said something, again ill spoiler, which got her attention and realised that what i feel isnt just horrible stress! she said she will try her hardest to go through what ive done in the day so i stay on track! and just generally fell calm! aww sweety! :hugs: there is no reason to hide!! come out and show the world how amazing you are!! :hugs:

awww!! :hugs: i hope going to the doctor has helped!! :hugs: i told my mum i want to see the doctor alone to talk about my mental health but she decided that she doesnt want me to as shes worried they may make it worse. so she sat down with me and went through everything! does the GP help? :redface: i do want to go but without my mum and i know that wont happen!

Spoiler

Original post by IDukem
It's all right :smile: Yeah good tired, although my body is really achy and it took me ages to get to sleep last night :redface: Aww I hope you're all right, perhaps see a doctor if it carries on as it could be a form of vertigo.

Hopefully the aches won't last too long for you! I actually slept last night, got woken up by a massive thunderstorm but it was fun to watch :redface: I've had it before, normally when my CFS is really bad which it has been the last couple of weeks or so so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
Hopefully the aches won't last too long for you! I actually slept last night, got woken up by a massive thunderstorm but it was fun to watch :redface: I've had it before, normally when my CFS is really bad which it has been the last couple of weeks or so so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hoe not, but they're "good" aches I suppose as it shows I gave it my all :biggrin: Oooo thunderstorm, I didn't get that! It can be epic to watch fo'shizzle :yep: Do you have anything that can help it? :smile:
I've not posted in here for a week or so, so apologies if anyone needed :hugs:.
Hope everyone is doing ok :smile:.
Feeling a bit lonely today :frown:. Which is stupid cos I spent a total of like 4 hours on the phone to two different friends last night, but I thimk it just reminded me how far away said friends are :frown:.

Btw, what happened to Panda? Or should I not ask?
Original post by IDukem
I hoe not, but they're "good" aches I suppose as it shows I gave it my all :biggrin: Oooo thunderstorm, I didn't get that! It can be epic to watch fo'shizzle :yep: Do you have anything that can help it? :smile:

True! :biggrin: Yeah, I love thunderstorms although not so much when I'm trying to sleep and the whole room keeps flashing! Got a few tablets leftt from last time I think, meant to ask for some more at the doctors yesterday but I forgot :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have real issues with what my ma calls discomfort tolerance I.e. tolerating crap in the short term for long term gain. Apparently this can be a big issue for the mentally ill.

Even taking a shower to feel better for rest of day is hard. Or reading a book. I imagine reading a book once I got into it would be better than refreshing the home page on here for hours to see if I've been repped/quoted.

Or taking exercise.
Original post by Mr.loverluver
Trust me I know how you feel sometimes trying to fit in can be difficult:sigh: but I'm sure everything will turn around sometimes I feel left out and lonely but I eventually started making friends I'm sure if you think positive everything will get better and I hope you start feeling better :wink:.

My mind isnt allowing me to think positively. Whenever I start thinking of the good things in my life like my family, I suddenly start thinking negatively again.

I am gonna talk to family about this today and then see what they say, but at the moment things not looking good :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My mind isnt allowing me to think positively. Whenever I start thinking of the good things in my life like my family, I suddenly start thinking negatively again.

I am gonna talk to family about this today and then see what they say, but at the moment things not looking good :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

everything will be fine! :lovehug:
I just want to feel safe :bawling:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah maybe it would be best to have a conversation with your family trust me I understand Uni can be very daunting and I truly wish you all the best of all luck.:wink:
Original post by ScaryScience

:jumphug:
Anything we can help with hun?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PonchoKid
:jumphug:
Anything we can help with hun?

Posted from TSR Mobile

not unless you can make it stop :bawling:
Original post by Odd socks
Loaded with the cold :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope you feel better soon. :hugs:
Original post by ScaryScience

:jumphug: hopefully you will soon, were all here if you need to talk & stuff!
Feeling really good after passing yesterday's assignments for the dlc access course I am now 12 credits from passing my access diploma in social work. The other great news is that is my open university module started officially today so I am gonna spend the next few days getting to grips with it all and some planning in my student diary

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest