The Student Room Group

Declaring Grades on UCAS after Resits

Hello guys,

I've already completed my A levels. After getting a b is AS Biology, I retook 2 modules of my AS biology course during my A2s. After retaking the 2 modules in A2, I managed to bump the marks of both the retakes from a grade "b" to a grade "a".
So I'm asking if I need to put down my retakes marks (both the original and new ones) on my UCAS application or is not needed as I already achieved my A2 grade for Biology?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by ΘTheta
Hello guys,

I've already completed my A levels. After getting a b is AS Biology, I retook 2 modules of my AS biology course during my A2s. After retaking the 2 modules in A2, I managed to bump the marks of both the retakes from a grade "b" to a grade "a".
So I'm asking if I need to put down my retakes marks (both the original and new ones) on my UCAS application or is not needed as I already achieved my A2 grade for Biology?

I think you only need to put down your official (I.e. Better) grade down. :smile: :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by PhysGeek
I think you only need to put down your official (I.e. Better) grade down. :smile: :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

So I don't need to put my old and new retake grades then? :smile:
Reply 4

Hmm, so I need to put down my old grade and new grade under the Biology subject in my UCAS application.
Am I right?
Original post by ΘTheta
Hmm, so I need to put down my old grade and new grade under the Biology subject in my UCAS application.
Am I right?

Yes, you have to declare everything.
Reply 6
Original post by Carnationlilyrose

Oh right.

How do I do that on UCAS? There is no option for putting in previous grades?Thanks

Do you have to declare module grades or just overall grades?
Original post by ΘTheta
Oh right.

How do I do that on UCAS? There is no option for putting in previous grades?Thanks

You enter them twice, or however many times you took them, with grades in all cases.
Original post by Dr. Django
Do you have to declare module grades or just overall grades?

Module grades listed underneath the subject heading, with the overall grade next to that.
Reply 10
You enter them twice, or however many times you took them, with grades in all cases.

When entering the "Title section", can you put just "Unit 1" or "Unit 1- yada yada yada"?
Thanks
Original post by ΘTheta
When entering the "Title section", can you put just "Unit 1" or "Unit 1- yada yada yada"?
Thanks

We always insist on yada yada yada.
Module grades listed underneath the subject heading, with the overall grade next to that.

edit: if you're resitting a module do you just put pending?
Reply 13

There are only six available module spaces, all of which have been used up by all my subject 6 modules? What do I do?
Thanks
Original post by ΘTheta
There are only six available module spaces, all of which have been used up by all my subject 6 modules? What do I do?
Thanks

Have you entered the subjects again as a separate qualification with a different date so that you get a new set of boxes?
Reply 15
Have you entered the subjects again as a separate qualification with a different date so that you get a new set of boxes?

What do you mean? I've already completed A2 Biology, and these retakes were for AS (which were done during year 13).?
Thanks
Original post by ΘTheta
What do you mean? I've already completed A2 Biology, and these retakes were for AS (which were done during year 13).?
Thanks

Put down each set of AS exams separately, with the dates you sat them. Put each set of A2 exams down separately as well. Each sitting of the exams needs to be put down.
Reply 17
Put down each set of AS exams separately, with the dates you sat them. Put each set of A2 exams down separately as well. Each sitting of the exams needs to be put down.

So do you mean have it laid out such that in the "AS Level Section", I have
-AS Biology (June 2013)
-AS Maths (June 2013)
-AS Chemistry (June 2013)
-AS Economics, (June 2013)
-AS Biology (June 2014)

and in the "A Level Section", I have
-A Level Biology (June 2014)
-A Level Chemistry (June 2014)
-A Level Maths, (June 2014)

splitting everything up? And the underlined showing that I have retaken it?
Original post by ΘTheta
So do you mean have it laid out such that in the "AS Level Section", I have
-AS Biology (June 2013)
-AS Maths (June 2013)
-AS Chemistry (June 2013)
-AS Economics, (June 2013)
-AS Biology (June 2014)

and in the "A Level Section", I have
-A Level Biology (June 2014)
-A Level Chemistry (June 2014)
-A Level Maths, (June 2014)

splitting everything up? And the underlined showing that I have retaken it?

Yes.
Reply 19
Yes.

Oh right.
So in the AS Biology Section (June 2013)
I'll put down
Unit 1
b
Unit 2
b
Unit 3
b

But I retook Unit 2 and 3
So in the
AS Biology Section (June 2014)
I'll put down
Unit 2
a
Unit 3
a

Not mentioning unit 1 as I did not retake it.
Is this the correct format?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending