The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

I have asked a few days ago but I am still really torn for captain choice;
Sterling - Easy fixture, on form BUT West Brom looking better, was **** in midweek, might be rested
Balotelli - Same for fixture, must score soon, potential big haul BUT terrible form, could be dropped
Di Maria - Everton are unpredictable, involved in lots, on form BUT poor last week, everton could be good, no rooney for support
Costa - On form, scoring every game BUT played midweek and could be rested (or subbed off), tough fixture

Any advice is good, even if only to rule one out.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sr90
Just realised that I have 5 players playing tomorrow. Someone will surely knock me off top spot.

doubt it.. I am in 3rd, and only have 4 players..
Original post by Alex Doran
I have asked a few days ago but I am still really torn for captain choice;
Sterling - Easy fixture, on form BUT West Brom looking better, was **** in midweek, might be rested
Balotelli - Same for fixture, must score soon, potential big haul BUT terrible form, could be dropped
Di Maria - Everton are unpredictable, involved in lots, on form BUT poor last week, everton could be good, no rooney for support
Costa - On form, scoring every game BUT played midweek and could be rested (or subbed off), tough fixture

Any advice is good, even if only to rule one out.

I wouldn't go for Sterling or Balotelli, Liverpool have been awful going forward and I don't see that changing without Sturridge.
Di Maria - probably up against Tony Hibbert unless Coleman passes a late fitness test...
Costa - playing his 3rd game in 9 days while carrying a hamstring problem. Also Arsenal will surely defend better than last season vs Chelsea.

I'd go for Di Maria
Original post by Juan Mata
I wouldn't go for Sterling or Balotelli, Liverpool have been awful going forward and I don't see that changing without Sturridge.
Di Maria - probably up against Tony Hibbert unless Coleman passes a late fitness test...
Costa - playing his 3rd game in 9 days while carrying a hamstring problem. Also Arsenal will surely defend better than last season vs Chelsea.

I'd go for Di Maria

I agree - until Sturridge gets back o would avoid putting much faith in liverpool.

Di Maria or Costa is the real choice.
Chose ADM and you could be boned if costs bags a few and United don't play well.
Or you could get lucky and take a jump on most other people.

Since I don't have aguero, I'm sticking with Costa regardless; ADM vice just in case
captained Hazard. He usually has 1 very good game in every 5... hopefully Arsenal crumble.
Forgot to change my defenders, left with Moreno and Moore on the bench. Not the best start to my weekend.
Original post by RedDevil014
Forgot to change my defenders, left with Moreno and Moore on the bench. Not the best start to my weekend.

Who are you playing?
Restore Mahrez to the starting line up - goal and an assist so far. Pretty damn good

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Restore Mahrez to the starting line up - goal and an assist so far. Pretty damn good

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have to say disappointed there is still no sign of Knockeart this season. He was quality in the games I saw of Leicester last season. That game against Millwall especially. :coma:

Beg and Duff letting me down but alternative was Hutton and I expect City will run wild and Wisdom couldn't play today so ah well.

Siggy with two assists. Starting to do things again.
Original post by SirMasterKey
Have to say disappointed there is still no sign of Knockeart this season. He was quality in the games I saw of Leicester last season. That game against Millwall especially. :coma:

Beg and Duff letting me down but alternative was Hutton and I expect City will run wild and Wisdom couldn't play today so ah well.

Siggy with two assists. Starting to do things again.

He's a quality player but had a bad couple of games at the very start, and add into that the interview in France where he appeared to have claimed to be using Leicester as a stepping stone, it's no surprise he's been consigned to the bench the past month.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
He's a quality player but had a bad couple of games at the very start, and add into that the interview in France where he appeared to have claimed to be using Leicester as a stepping stone, it's no surprise he's been consigned to the bench the past month.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Didn't realise that. In which case fair enough.
Original post by sr90
Who are you playing?

Neil Taylor, Chambers and Trippier. Looks like it didn't really make a difference.
Moreno is definitely leaving my team after this week. Having 2 FT's and some money ITB sets me up quite nicely for the international break.
choice to bench stirling in favour of sig seems to have paid off, with 8pts vs 5pts not including bonus..

But ofcourse with 5pts, could still be better then one of my other midfielders..

(though if wenger continues benching sanchez, 5pts will come off then becnh)

My defense was ****.. but then Given only 1 team got a CS, imagine thats probably the same for most people..
13 from 4 (not inc bonus)
**** me.. I was feeling good until i looked at 2nd place.. (the position above me)

29pts - captain siggy..

Credit where its due, captaining siggy may prove to be a briliant move

(though admitadly they have have used 7 players)
city and villa being 0-0 at half time is perfect..

Hope it stays low scoring even if not 0-0, as that could really help salvage my week.. and neutralise all those with aguaro as captain..

Need welbeck to get a goal atleast to catch up to those who captained siggy and stirling in the top10 (let alone what ever Di Maria gets)
Original post by fallen_acorns
**** me.. I was feeling good until i looked at 2nd place.. (the position above me)

29pts - captain siggy..

Credit where its due, captaining siggy may prove to be a briliant move

(though admitadly they have have used 7 players)

Tbh anyone captaining Sigurdsson isn't going to be in the top 10 for long. Sterling neither. Diego Costa, and to an extent Aguero are by far the best options.
Original post by Gob Bluth
Tbh anyone captaining Sigurdsson isn't going to be in the top 10 for long. Sterling neither. Diego Costa, and to an extent Aguero are by far the best options.

Looking at his team I can see why he's done it. He doesn't own Aguero and Chelsea v Arsenal probably won't be a high scoring game, whereas Gylfi had a seemingly easy game against the worst side in the league.

I'm on course for 22 from 5 unless Aguero does something. Not bad I suppose, seems to be low scores all around so far.
Original post by Gob Bluth

Actually I think captaining Sigurdsson this week against Newcastle is a very sensible move. Anyone playing against Newcastle or Burnley should be considered for captaincy atm.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest