The Student Room Group

Which Edexcel F.Maths module should I do, FP2 or FP3?

I'm doing Further Maths (completed my Maths A Level), Biology and Chemistry, and I am planning on studying Natural Sciences and Biology/Chemistry.
I have heard that FP3 is slightly easier, and after looking at both specifications, FP2 scared me a lot more.
Which one should be better for Natural Science, or which one causes less stress in general? Thanks!
Why do only one? They're both better than decision maths. I did FP1,2,3 M2,3 and S2.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JDickerson
Why do only one? They're both better than decision maths. I did FP1,2,3 M2,3 and S2.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because of my timetable at school, I am able to choose just one.
Which one was more interesting/easier?
Original post by TopOfParadise
I'm doing Further Maths (completed my Maths A Level), Biology and Chemistry, and I am planning on studying Natural Sciences and Biology/Chemistry.
I have heard that FP3 is slightly easier, and after looking at both specifications, FP2 scared me a lot more.
Which one should be better for Natural Science, or which one causes less stress in general? Thanks!

I did edexcel btw. I preferred fp3, because of the more calculus, although i'm not saying fp2 wasnt interesting. FP2 has a lot of differential equations and complex numbers, dont know what you will require more for nat sci. Why dont you self teach the one you wont choose? Sit the exam as a private candidate?

To do further maths A2, you must do FP2. FP2 just has a lot of differentiation in, which when you get your head around, is really easy. Maclaurin's series is quite good!
Because of my timetable at school, I am able to choose just one.
Which one was more interesting/easier?

Original post by KaptainCliff
To do further maths A2, you must do FP2. FP2 just has a lot of differentiation in, which when you get your head around, is really easy. Maclaurin's series is quite good!

I don't know about other boards, but for Edexcel, which is what the OP asked about, you have to do at least one of FP2 and FP3, it doesn't matter which.
FP2, its quite easy if you get the hang of it. Only do fp3 if you love vectors.
Thanks everyone!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending