The Student Room Group

Why aren't guys interested in me?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Guys are not interested in me. The act so strange!! It's so frustrating. I have never even been asked out of been on a date. I'm not just talking about dating/relationships. Guys just don't seem to want to talk to me as friends either! They stand far from me and are much happier talking to other girls. I'm average looking and nice. I don't smell or anything lol. I just don't understand! I see girls and guys talking to each other and the guys always look really interested in the girl. Whenever I talk people just don't care. Even when I say a joke they laugh but look away quickly or just don't seem interested at all. It is really making me sad and frustrated. I want to be friends with guys as well!

You are not attractive enough.
I talk to guys! I go to them and say hi, I am polite and friendly. I notice that whenever I do talk to a guy he does not show interest. And I'm not talking about guys I like. I am talking about any guy that I try to be friends with. Usually he will find another girl to talk to so he can get away from me or he looks at me like I am weird or something. Ergh, it is so depressing.

Well, first of all don't depend on a dude to make you happy, it helps to have internal happyness before all of the dating good good pow pow, anyhow are you talkin to social dudes? Maybe you are talking to dudes who may not have 'developed ' social skills and may not be confident with talking to a new girl that they don't know...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thisistheend

Yo listen dude or dudette, everyone is attractive so stop messing society up and messing the minds up of everyone yo, make love not war yo

Posted from TSR Mobile
I go to uni lol. I study architecture. I am not super attractive and I am not useless. I really don't know why this is happening.

Are you a first year? Are you studying in Nottingham by any chance? :smile:
Original post by Yeah dude
Well yeah,most dudes would, but you can't judge a whole gender based on a few trolls, and I think that a normal behaving dude with proper social skills could provide better info on this topic than a chick would. It's like asking a question about, say 'why don't girls find me attractive?', if I were asking that question I'd lean towards the female answers instead of the male answers yo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yo to that
I go to uni lol. I study architecture. I am not super attractive and I am not useless. I really don't know why this is happening.

Do you have any hobbies and what do you normally talk about? It could be that your boring.
Original post by Pomum96
Yo to that

Yeeeeeaaaah dude OOOOW yo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yo listen dude or dudette, everyone is attractive so stop messing society up and messing the minds up of everyone yo, make love not war yo

Posted from TSR Mobile

are you smoking hippie crack? it's clear that not everone is attractive and at the least not as attractive as one another. In a world where everybody is perfectly attractive, everybody would have sex with anybody else, being perfectly substitutable as a 10 on the beauty scale.

If there's even a single person you wouldn't **** at this minute, they are not attractive and hence not everybody is attrative.

Lol are you serious? I am not even talking about dating, I'm talking about friendship. Secondly, why would that matter? I know for a fact I am not ugly because I have been approached by model scouts. I am not stunning either. Also, have you looked around before? Do you think every female that a guy is friends with is gorgeous or hot? LMAO. And I'm talking about friendships here. When it comes to dating, it's the same thing. Even fat/ugly girls get boyfriends. So nothing you said makes any sense to me sorry.
And I am not even talking about relationships, I'm just talking about when I go to a guy in class and say hi or something before class starts and he doesn't seem interested to continue the conversation. This has been happening for years.
Well, first of all don't depend on a dude to make you happy, it helps to have internal happyness before all of the dating good good pow pow, anyhow are you talkin to social dudes? Maybe you are talking to dudes who may not have 'developed ' social skills and may not be confident with talking to a new girl that they don't know...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maybe. I don't know, I'm sure at least one of the guys I've been friendly to has been social..idk. It's so weird!! :frown: And I don't depend on a guy to make me happy..I'm just trying to be friendly.
are you smoking hippie crack? it's clear that not everone is attractive and at the least not as attractive as one another. In a world where everybody is perfectly attractive, everybody would have sex with anybody else, being perfectly substitutable as a 10 on the beauty scale.

If there's even a single person you wouldn't **** at this minute, they are not attractive and hence not everybody is attrative.

Yes, no one looks perfect, however saying someone out there in the world in unattractive to everyone is simply not even possible yo, I mean with a world with 7 BILLION peeps, atleast 5,000 people find one certain person attractive, so yeah, no one in this world is unattractive, yeah some people may not attract others, but looks are subjectory dude, spread the love
Original post by Black Cat
Do you have any hobbies and what do you normally talk about? It could be that your boring.

I am not boring lol. I have lots of other female friends. It's only guys who I cannot become friends with for some reason. They just act so uninterested. They will ignore me but chat happily to the another girl.
I am not boring lol. I have lots of other female friends. It's only guys who I cannot become friends with for some reason. They just act so uninterested. They will ignore me but chat happily to the another girl.

Hmm this sounds very strange, what kind of things do you talk to guys about? how do you come across? The majority of my friends are guys, I couldn't even imagine what it'd be like to not have guy friends.
Are you taller than them? Guys hate that.
Maybe. I don't know, I'm sure at least one of the guys I've been friendly to has been social..idk. It's so weird!! :frown: And I don't depend on a guy to make me happy..I'm just trying to be friendly.

No it's fine lol, keep doing what you're doing and being nice to guys, maybe you're just talking to the wrong kinda people or whatever, maybe try meeting dudes who are interested In what you are interested in, which would lead to better convosation:biggrin:
Original post by SophieSmall
Hmm this sounds very strange, what kind of things do you talk to guys about? how do you come across? The majority of my friends are guys, I couldn't even imagine what it'd be like to not have guy friends.

Yeah it is. Aww, you're lucky. I really wish I could be friends with some guys. It would be different.. I am just normal, I smile, say hi how are you? Nothing different from anyone else. I'll ask questions but they don't ask me anything or continue the conversation so I get really disappointed.
Lol are you serious? I am not even talking about dating, I'm talking about friendship. Secondly, why would that matter? I know for a fact I am not ugly because I have been approached by model scouts. I am not stunning either. Also, have you looked around before? Do you think every female that a guy is friends with is gorgeous or hot? LMAO. And I'm talking about friendships here. When it comes to dating, it's the same thing. Even fat/ugly girls get boyfriends. So nothing you said makes any sense to me sorry.
And I am not even talking about relationships, I'm just talking about when I go to a guy in class and say hi or something before class starts and he doesn't seem interested to continue the conversation. This has been happening for years.

Dwarves and midgets also get spotted by model scouts. That means nothing.

I gave that answer without reading your question because it is the answer to everything. Be attractive and you'll also be funny and intelligent.
Yeah it is. Aww, you're lucky. I really wish I could be friends with some guys. It would be different.. I am just normal, I smile, say hi how are you? Nothing different from anyone else. I'll ask questions but they don't ask me anything or continue the conversation so I get really disappointed.

Okay by the sounds of it you're talking about making friends with guys you don't really know all that well if at all, perhaps guys on your uni course you might end up sitting next to? I find in general this is a hard way to make friends, I find making friends through other friends is much easier as you will have actual things to talk about that will be relevant to both you and the friend of a friend.
Guys are not interested in me. The act so strange!! It's so frustrating. I have never even been asked out of been on a date. I'm not just talking about dating/relationships. Guys just don't seem to want to talk to me as friends either! They stand far from me and are much happier talking to other girls. I'm average looking and nice. I don't smell or anything lol. I just don't understand! I see girls and guys talking to each other and the guys always look really interested in the girl. Whenever I talk people just don't care. Even when I say a joke they laugh but look away quickly or just don't seem interested at all. It is really making me sad and frustrated. I want to be friends with guys as well!

Original post by democracyforum
Do you make an effort at all ?

In appearance and your personality ?

Original post by jay2013
Because maybe you are very attractive and guys are scared of talking to you?

One of these two responses should give a clearer idea of your situation and how to solve it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jay2013
Are you a first year? Are you studying in Nottingham by any chance? :smile:

Haha no 2nd year and nope :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending