The Student Room Group

Sent my application off today - who else has?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Coffeetime
I just saw this. I'm applying for classical civilisation. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No problem :smile: The G103, a Maths four year course :smile: I don't know much about classical civilisation what does it include?
Original post by Charlotte Taylor
No problem :smile: The G103, a Maths four year course :smile: I don't know much about classical civilisation what does it include?

It includes modules such as ancient language, the city of Rome, Greek and Roman culture.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It includes modules such as ancient language, the city of Rome, Greek and Roman culture.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That actually sounds so interesting, wow! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
I'm half way through my personal statement so then need my current university to write me a reference. I'm trying not to rush mines but also have so much final year work to do so got a good part of the personal details ie facts about me my past education etc that didnt require much effort done before uni started.
That actually sounds so interesting, wow! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know! It's definitely suited for my interests. Have you visited Warwick?
I know! It's definitely suited for my interests. Have you visited Warwick?

Yeah, I went to the open day in June (I think it was June it might have been July, but sometime around then) and I absolutely fell in love like I liked it before but once I'd visited I knew that's where I really wanted to go :smile: what about you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, I went to the open day in June (I think it was June it might have been July, but sometime around then) and I absolutely fell in love like I liked it before but once I'd visited I knew that's where I really wanted to go :smile: what about you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've never been. I'm American, so it's kind of far. Haha. I appreciate your feedback on it though. I've heard mixed things and it's nice hearing something positive!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've never been. I'm American, so it's kind of far. Haha. I appreciate your feedback on it though. I've heard mixed things and it's nice hearing something positive!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wow I didn't realise you were American! But yeah, the campus is lovely, really green and a nice atmosphere really and the accommodation is pretty good quality (you could say it's a little expensive but it's what you expect from a campus really) the maths department is amazing (I know that's not really relevant to you but I'm sure it's reflected in all the other departments too) and the library, wow, it really is good!
Is Warwick your first choice or are you applying elsewhere? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh wow I didn't realise you were American! But yeah, the campus is lovely, really green and a nice atmosphere really and the accommodation is pretty good quality (you could say it's a little expensive but it's what you expect from a campus really) the maths department is amazing (I know that's not really relevant to you but I'm sure it's reflected in all the other departments too) and the library, wow, it really is good!
Is Warwick your first choice or are you applying elsewhere? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It sounds amazing. I've heard negative things about Coventry though. And it's pretty much tied with Nottingham for my first choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I sent my application to my college on Friday so just waiting for my tutor to finish my reference and I'm all set. She said by the end of the week but that clearly didn't happen so hopefully by this Friday (my college is extremely and annoyingly slow)
It sounds amazing. I've heard negative things about Coventry though. And it's pretty much tied with Nottingham for my first choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've applied for Coventry too! I haven't heard much about it to be fair, except that some of the accommodation isn't amazing, my sister works at a uni so she has spoken to the head of admissions at Coventry though and apparently shes lovely and things so that gives a good impression I guess? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jf1994
I've sent my application to study at Birmingham City, Warwick, Leicester and Nottingham. Has anyone else recently sent theirs off and had any offers? I've had just an email from Warwick and Leicester to say they've had my application and are considering it but nothing from Birmingham or Nottingham :smile:

I'm hoping to send mine sometime this week, what was the fee?
Congrats and good luck! I'm going to be applying for Nottingham and Manchester but haven't sent it off yet because UCAS is wrong, and claims you can have a 4K character personal statement. Turns out you can't, because 46 line 3998 character personal statement is too long... Le sigh o-O
Original post by YellowJane
Congrats and good luck! I'm going to be applying for Nottingham and Manchester but haven't sent it off yet because UCAS is wrong, and claims you can have a 4K character personal statement. Turns out you can't, because 46 line 3998 character personal statement is too long... Le sigh o-O

It's to do with the different formatting of the form, about which I know absolutely nothing other than that the line and character counts are wrong on Word, but right if you use Notepad or some other very simple program like it.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
It's to do with the different formatting of the form, about which I know absolutely nothing other than that the line and character counts are wrong on Word, but right if you use Notepad or some other very simple program like it.

Yes, as I've discovered. I did it in Notepad too, and my character's are definitely under 4000. It's really frustrating :frown:
Original post by YellowJane
Yes, as I've discovered. I did it in Notepad too, and my character's are definitely under 4000. It's really frustrating :frown:

Surely there is one single word that can be cut?! Look for adjectives or needless points (e.g. similarly, for example).

Good luck with it though :smile:
Anyone else checking track and email, despite it being the weekend?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else checking track and email, despite it being the weekend?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Constantly xD jump every time an email comes through on my phone

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nottie
Unless you apply for medicine, its not very wise to send off your application so early….they will all think you applied to Oxbridge and may be reluctant at giving you offers

What a load of rubbish. The unis know the best applications come early and dont think like that at all!
Original post by Nottie
Unless you apply for medicine, its not very wise to send off your application so early….they will all think you applied to Oxbridge and may be reluctant at giving you offers

Thats bull**** sorry, I got an offer within four days last week .... and no it wasn't oxbridge

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending