The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Aaand the LDM is back, the peace was good while it lasted....
Original post by Lúcio
calm it down woman, i was mainly referring to the perceived terrible and excellent campaign beginnings of liverpool and villa respectively if your tiny brain understands what that means?

when you look at how well villa have started (even beating us at anfield), it's interesting how with such a perceived bad season start we're right up in and around a team that is seen to have had an amazing start.
of course i suppose the main reason for that is expectation.
10 points after 7 games is likely to be considered a solid start for aston villa, whereas the same total is unsatisfactory for liverpool.

i would advise that you spend less time insulting people on here and more time finishing your homework - you don't wanna get detention at school on monday...

as if you beibered me.
mate that's to far...

10/21 is a **** record. It's only good for them since they've played the top of the table

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samir12
Aaand the LDM is back, the peace was good while it lasted....

What does LDM stand for

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's so wrong comparing Liverpool and Aston Villa. One is aiming for top 4 while the other is aiming for a top 10 finish. Unfair comparision as well since Villa had played Arsenal, Chelsea, City and Liverpool as well as having to play Everton next week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
What does LDM stand for

Posted from TSR Mobile

Luke defensive mechanism.
Feel for Villa, they had a nightmare of a fixture list and it took a world class strike from Toure to deny them a point yesterday.
Yeah I'm not baiting, soz guys...
We should have put away this Everton team,
Original post by Deshi
We should have put away this Everton team,

Yh, I knew Everton were going to be ****, they looked toothless against us in the second half.
i'd say that was a pretty successful weekend :smile:

we won with arsenal and everton both dropping points.
shame united are above us but they'll only have harder fixtures to come.
for now it's just staying in touch with arsenal and making sure we leapfrog spurs/united when they start to falter.
Original post by Lúcio
i'd say that was a pretty successful weekend :smile:

we won with arsenal and everton both dropping points.
shame united are above us but they'll only have harder fixtures to come.
for now it's just staying in touch with arsenal and making sure we leapfrog spurs/united when they start to falter.

If either United or Arsenal drop points and we gain 3 points, than it's a good weekend for us. Despite being a Liverpool fan, wouldn't mind United getting top 4 in place of Arsenal provided that we make top 4 ourselves (although would prefer if the top 4 was the same as last year :P)
Original post by samir12
If either United or Arsenal drop points and we gain 3 points, than it's a good weekend for us. Despite being a Liverpool fan, wouldn't mind United getting top 4 in place of Arsenal provided that we make top 4 ourselves (although would prefer if the top 4 was the same as last year :P)

if we gain 3 points it's a good week for us full stop.:tongue:

i can't decide.
i like arsenal as a club but their fans annoy me so much at times that i wish they had to endure being outsdie of the top 4 for a season.
but i also don't want united to do well simply because it would literally just be them buying a CL place.

luckily, i have no choice to make in the matter - i don't give a damn as long as we make top 4 :smile:
Original post by Lúcio
if we gain 3 points it's a good week for us full stop.:tongue:

i can't decide.
i like arsenal as a club but their fans annoy me so much at times that i wish they had to endure being outsdie of the top 4 for a season.
but i also don't want united to do well simply because it would literally just be them buying a CL place.

luckily, i have no choice to make in the matter - i don't give a damn as long as we make top 4 :smile:

Dont understand how we spent to get a spot in the top 4 while you guys also spent a large amount of money as well bruh? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Dont understand how we spent to get a spot in the top 4 while you guys also spent a large amount of money as well bruh? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

meh, i got my own bias - we definitely weren't efficient in our spending (20m markovic, 25m lallana, etc..) but we had to buy for europa league games

united essentially just had to buy a quality first team and stick their current vhalf decent players on the bench
bar any cup games, it's just one match a week (like we had last season) so you could just go all out on players like ADM whereas we had to spread our money around.
even though we spent loads, it just feels like you're buying your way out of terrible management/performances.
not saying its your fault; why shouldn't you use your own money to benefit you?
Original post by Lúcio
meh, i got my own bias - we definitely weren't efficient in our spending (20m markovic, 25m lallana, etc..) but we had to buy for europa league games

united essentially just had to buy a quality first team and stick their current vhalf decent players on the bench
bar any cup games, it's just one match a week (like we had last season) so you could just go all out on players like ADM whereas we had to spread our money around.
even though we spent loads, it just feels like you're buying your way out of terrible management/performances.
not saying its your fault; why shouldn't you use your own money to benefit you?

you couldn't have got anyone like Di Maria anyway lol
Original post by Juan Mata
you couldn't have got anyone like Di Maria anyway lol

i know but there's no reason we couldn't have gotten a player a little below that level had we thrown enough money at it.
but like i said, we needed to build our depth more than anything else.
Looks like Sterling's new contract is close.
I have my reservations about Sterling. He's a West London boy - if I was him, I wouldn't be in any rush to sign a contract tying me to Liverpool for years either. Sure, the club and Rodgers have worked wonders for him...but, that said, he has no loyalty to us really. He's not a Giggs, Carragher or a Gerrard...I can see him eventually moving on to one of Europe's biggest clubs - and when he does, it'll be a big blow.

Suarez's position was untenable in English football I think it's fair to say. We could gloss over his departure really well - we were essentially getting £75m for a player that many thought we should sack for nothing. It was smart business and the right time. IF the European giants - the Madrids, the Barcelonas, the PSGs - are to come in and take Sterling, it proves that we are vulnerable as a club to the heavyweights.
Original post by Mackay
I have my reservations about Sterling. He's a West London boy - if I was him, I wouldn't be in any rush to sign a contract tying me to Liverpool for years either. Sure, the club and Rodgers have worked wonders for him...but, that said, he has no loyalty to us really. He's not a Giggs, Carragher or a Gerrard...I can see him eventually moving on to one of Europe's biggest clubs - and when he does, it'll be a big blow.

Suarez's position was untenable in English football I think it's fair to say. We could gloss over his departure really well - we were essentially getting £75m for a player that many thought we should sack for nothing. It was smart business and the right time. IF the European giants - the Madrids, the Barcelonas, the PSGs - are to come in and take Sterling, it proves that we are vulnerable as a club to the heavyweights.

Chelsea it is then
He'll probs get tied down to a fat release clause.

There is a chance he wont want to go to Spain and even less likely Germany.
He seems the type that will want to stay in the UK, being a young London teen with all his friends and family here. Though this isn't really based on anything.

I'd rather move to Chelsea or City if it were me, wouldn't want to live abroad. English players often stay in England, bar Bale.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest