The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GeschichteJunge
That's amazing! And so lucky! I got AAAAB so was happy! Gonna find out what % I was off an A in Higher German tomorrow but I was a B3 so I will be close :frown:((( but overall happy as Larrrrry!

Posted from TSR Mobile

What u applying for at uni and where?

Tremendous results pal, you have every right to be going tonto! :biggrin:
Is there absolutely no way you can get it upgraded? :frown:

I'm applying for Dentistry at Glasgow and Dundee, Pharmacy Stathclyde, Biochem Strathclyde and History/Geography at Glasgow just cos I like it lol!

yourself?
Original post by MartinLaird
What u applying for at uni and where?

Tremendous results pal, you have every right to be going tonto! :biggrin:
Is there absolutely no way you can get it upgraded? :frown:

I'm applying for Dentistry at Glasgow and Dundee, Pharmacy Stathclyde, Biochem Strathclyde and History/Geography at Glasgow just cos I like it lol!

yourself?

I'm applying to:

Oxford - Law

Nottingham - Law

Edinburgh - Law and German

Glasgow - Law and Business Management

Strathclyde - Law (Scots and English Law)
:smile:

Thank you! You too!! I wish I could've tried for an appeal but ah well! Sounds amazing! Dentistry would be so fun! You've certainly got a good chance of getting into all your uni's, I visited Glasgow Uni Open Day and it was nice, I really like the city of Edinburgh but not the course and it's too close to where I live haha, what's your first choice pal?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GeschichteJunge
I'm applying to:

Oxford - Law

Nottingham - Law

Edinburgh - Law and German

Glasgow - Law and Business Management

Strathclyde - Law (Scots and English Law)
:smile:

Thank you! You too!! I wish I could've tried for an appeal but ah well! Sounds amazing! Dentistry would be so fun! You've certainly got a good chance of getting into all your uni's, I visited Glasgow Uni Open Day and it was nice, I really like the city of Edinburgh but not the course and it's too close to where I live haha, what's your first choice pal?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh my! Oxford! I bow to you! XD, I would probably apply down south too but I can't afford it sadly lol. Although strathclyde is mostly science/engineering I've heard their Law programme is the daddy.

I've spoken to all my unis as well and for the latter three courses I'm applying to I can get unconditionals, dundee if I do well at interview an unconditional and if I do well in my interview for glasgow- a conditional.

Glasgow is my first choice, I'm like 30 mins away so its perfect. Same! I went to the dental school open day there and I thought it was amazing!!!
Original post by MartinLaird
Oh my! Oxford! I bow to you! XD, I would probably apply down south too but I can't afford it sadly lol. Although strathclyde is mostly science/engineering I've heard their Law programme is the daddy.

I've spoken to all my unis as well and for the latter three courses I'm applying to I can get unconditionals, dundee if I do well at interview an unconditional and if I do well in my interview for glasgow- a conditional.

Glasgow is my first choice, I'm like 30 mins away so its perfect. Same! I went to the dental school open day there and I thought it was amazing!!!

That's good to hear you can get those UC's! I was told I'd get an unconditional for Edinburgh, Strathclyde and maybe Glasgow depending on my ps and LNAT test result! Oxfords so competitive I pray I get an offer, if that's the case I'm going to study my ass off to get there! Oh that's ideal! I am so jealous you're applying for dentistry it genuinely looks fun!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CaitlinDy
Ah no! How awful. However you can probably distract them with stories about America and all the incredible things you did. Perhaps turn one or two into enthusiasts! Do you know what you're doing when you're out there?
All sounds insanely exciting!

Posted from TSR Mobile

We've not been told that much about what we're doing. :frown:( Every year seems to follow a similar pattern though - Mission Control at JSC, George Observatory, Rice University, Challenger Center etc
Original post by greenladybird
We've not been told that much about what we're doing. :frown:( Every year seems to follow a similar pattern though - Mission Control at JSC, George Observatory, Rice University, Challenger Center etc

I really hope you have the most amazing time. I am so excited for you! And what a thing yo write about for your UCAS; I got one and very impressed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ooo, well good luck with your other unis, is your first choice Cambridge if you get in?
Yeah I am, for biomedical engineering! :smile: The school sent off my application yesterday but no sign of any change on track yet...

Is this Sophia by any chance hahaha :smile:
Original post by CaitlinDy
I really hope you have the most amazing time. I am so excited for you! And what a thing yo write about for your UCAS; I got one and very impressed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw thank you! :smile: I know, I was like 'Space School is fab, im going to houston plz love me' haha. Good enough for Glasgow, now it's just waiting on the rest...

Original post by Coralight
Is this Sophia by any chance hahaha :smile:

Nope haha, I think 3/10 were thinking of applying for biomed possibly?
Aw thank you! :smile: I know, I was like 'Space School is fab, im going to houston plz love me' haha. Good enough for Glasgow, now it's just waiting on the rest...

Nope haha, I think 3/10 were thinking of applying for biomed possibly?

Damn! Ah well haha, hope the applications and Houston go well :biggrin:
and if you don't mind me asking... Who is this... Jennifer???

I'm a SS too so im interested hahaha
Original post by Fafnirod2509

Cal! Good to see you've joined the conversation! haha
Cal! Good to see you've joined the conversation! haha

shhhhh james

If your grades were fab and you've got space school in tour personal statement, why wouldn't anyone accept you? haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Fafnirod2509

Haha it's jasmine :smile:
Have either of you sent off/heard anything back from unis yet?

Ah Jasmine! Nah I've not sent mine off yet... working on the Personal Statement and I'm hoping to have it off in the next few weeks :biggrin:

How about yourself, is yours off yet??? D:
Ah Jasmine! Nah I've not sent mine off yet... working on the Personal Statement and I'm hoping to have it off in the next few weeks :biggrin:

How about yourself, is yours off yet??? D:

Have fun with the final drafts haha.
I sent mine off last week and got an unconditonal from Glasgow on Friday but not heard anything back from the others. Holding out for a place at Strath though, are you for EME?

Oh hey Jasmine! :smile: nah im writing my personal statement now, but hopefully ill have sent it off soon :biggrin:
I sent mine off last week and got an unconditonal from Glasgow on Friday but not heard anything back from the others. Holding out for a place at Strath though, are you for EME?

No way! Congrats, it's a good year for you this year isn't it hahaha
Yeah EME all the way :biggrin:
No way! Congrats, it's a good year for you this year isn't it hahaha
Yeah EME all the way :biggrin:

I know haha, my year head actually knows me by name now:^_^:, such a great achievement lel

Wow already? That's crazy!!! What grades did you get? I'm applying for Astrophysics so fingers crossed!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending