The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ironandbeer
Immaturity has ruined my health and my life.

May I ask why's that?
I hope you're doing okay. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gingerbread101
:hugs: what's happened hun? It's alright, we're here and we'll try to help, you will get better I promise :console:

I don't really feel like I can talk about anything on here because of rules and for fear of upsetting people, so I won't. But thanks for the support, hope you are well :hugs:
Original post by senz72
May I ask why's that?
I hope you're doing okay. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just been very stupid over the years and when I started having issues with anxiety, sleep etc I was too immature to fully come to terms with and properly deal with things - short term pain for long term gain. Now I think I've damaged my eyesight and god knows what else :frown:
Original post by ScaryScience
I don't really feel like I can talk about anything on here because of rules and for fear of upsetting people, so I won't. But thanks for the support, hope you are well :hugs:

Ah.. :hugs: :console: Just know we're all here for you and we're all sending hugs your way :yes:
I've been doing quite well recently :yep:
Just been very stupid over the years and when I started having issues with anxiety, sleep etc I was too immature to fully come to terms with and properly deal with things - short term pain for long term gain. Now I think I've damaged my eyesight and god knows what else :frown:

Not fully coming to terms with it doesn't mean you're immature. In fact, I'd be surprised if anyone really fully comes to terms with anxiety.
Maybe you're trying to make sudden progress rather than gradual progress.
Apologies, I'm not really good at giving advice.

Might want to check your eyes that if your sight is damaged.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by senz72
Not fully coming to terms with it doesn't mean you're immature. In fact, I'd be surprised if anyone really fully comes to terms with anxiety.
Maybe you're trying to make sudden progress rather than gradual progress.
Apologies, I'm not really good at giving advice.

Might want to check your eyes that if your sight is damaged.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't apologise, to be talking to someone is always good in itself.

Tbh my thing has gone on solidly for 2 years, and underlying before that. Immaturity definitely didn't help me, trust me there :frown:

I just hope that heightened anxiety over the past few days has given rise to the more severe eye issues. Before it felt like it was purely anxiety driven, lots of blurring, floaters etc. But now it seems the long distance vision is awful! First time I've experienced that in my life :frown: I will be going to an opticians shortly.
Have felt largely bored today rather than really down which I suppose is a good thing. I just hate the fact that when I leave the library I'll be going back to sit in my room on my own and not having a laugh with my old housemates.
Original post by furryface12
:eek: Can I come? :puppyeyes: Not been to anything guiding-related in agessss, although I might be starting helpign with a brownie pack again in a couple of weeks! :biggrin:

COME... :colone:

Are you north of the border? :ninja:
Anyone get all shivers when worried and / or lonely? Ah man :frown:
Original post by tasha96
COME... :colone:

Are you north of the border? :ninja:

How do I always come on here just as people quote me? :eek: But nope, unfortunately not- near the Welsh one if that counts? :puppyeyes: Only been to Scotland twice :getmecoat:

How are you? :hugs:
Original post by furryface12
How do I always come on here just as people quote me? :eek: But nope, unfortunately not- near the Welsh one if that counts? :puppyeyes: Only been to Scotland twice :getmecoat:

How are you? :hugs:

You should come anyway... :colone: I was just wondering, because they're currently recruiting staff for a camp up here in the summer. :ninja:
Im not good. :cry2: How are you? :hugs:
Original post by ScaryScience

Back home again now, so you can Facebook me if you want. Am doing OK (well, now that I'm back indoors and away from supermarkets :ahhhhh: ), so you are unlikely to trigger me :hugs:

Original post by tasha96

See above message to Scary - applies to you too. Can chat for a bit before I start uni work again :hugs:
Anyone get all shivers when worried and / or lonely? Ah man :frown:

When I'm worried or really stressed out :sadnod: Sometimes curling up in a big blanket helps :smile:
When I'm worried or really stressed out :sadnod: Sometimes curling up in a big blanket helps :smile:

Yeah I think so too...I'd prefer someone to curl up with though :frown: Gingerbread would do, though.
Original post by tasha96
You should come anyway... :colone: I was just wondering, because they're currently recruiting staff for a camp up here in the summer. :ninja:

Doubt they'd let me, especially since I'm not currently part of a unit officially :sad:
:frown: Anything we can do? I'm not great, better than I was last night but yeah, not really sure what to do with myself right now :redface:
Don't apologise, to be talking to someone is always good in itself.

Tbh my thing has gone on solidly for 2 years, and underlying before that. Immaturity definitely didn't help me, trust me there :frown:

I just hope that heightened anxiety over the past few days has given rise to the more severe eye issues. Before it felt like it was purely anxiety driven, lots of blurring, floaters etc. But now it seems the long distance vision is awful! First time I've experienced that in my life :frown: I will be going to an opticians shortly.

Ah okay. I see. Maybe it's time for maturity and hopefully you'll overcome these barriers.

Let's hope it is due to the anxiety. Good luck with the opticians. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I think so too...I'd prefer someone to curl up with though :frown: Gingerbread would do, though.

A significant other you can call to come over/chat to?
Comfort eating is always good :yep:
A significant other you can call to come over/chat to?
Comfort eating is always good :yep:

Nope not at all really :smile:
Haha not good for me when I've got weight and maybe making health issues worse :P Oh well.
I feel I need to cry but I don't want to lol
Nope not at all really :smile:
Haha not good for me when I've got weight and maybe making health issues worse :P Oh well.

Blanket and/or big teddy bear is the next best thing :yes:
Oh dear, perhaps not that then :smile:

Latest