The Student Room Group

Medicine: Have you received an interview yet?

Have you received an interview date?
From where?
When did you submit your application?
When did you get a reply?

:smile:
Received an interview from Cambridge. Didn't even need to submit my application; they were bowing down at my feet and begging me to attend their university.
Original post by SuperiorGenius
Received an interview from Cambridge. Didn't even need to submit my application; they were bowing down at my feet and begging me to attend their university.

Haha :P.
no but i offered them an interview (with me) but they rejected the offer.... so ungrateful :mad:
Reply 4
Nobody has received an interview invitation yet - anybody who says otherwise is lying. UKCAT scores are sent to unis early November and the 15th October deadline hasn't even passed yet!
Original post by Mehhhh
Nobody has received an interview invitation yet - anybody who says otherwise is lying. UKCAT scores are sent to unis early November and the 15th October deadline hasn't even passed yet!

With the exception of me. AQA phoned me up after my AS biology result and asked me to write more mark schemes for them. I said I'll get back to them once I've finished writing the OCR chemistry mark scheme.
Stalker :P
Behave.
Original post by Mehhhh

People are already getting offers of interviews at Bristol/Liverpool/Lancaster/Birmingham no?
Reply 9
Original post by Jaska
People are already getting offers of interviews at Bristol/Liverpool/Lancaster/Birmingham no?

Definitely not. Even though these unis do not use any admissions test, they can't invite applicants for interview without having seen all/most applications so that academic thresholds can be set.
Original post by Mehhhh
Definitely not. Even though these unis do not use any admissions test, they can't invite applicants for interview without having seen all/most applications so that academic thresholds can be set.

why?
Reply 11
Original post by Jaska
why?

It's impossible to tell in advance how high/low the academic thresholds should be set. For example, lets say that in one UCAS cycle most applicants have 10+ A*. This means that the academic threshold/ scoring system cutoff has to be appropriately adjusted so that a set number/percentage of applicants are invited to interview. In another cycle, most applicants may have 5-6 A*s so the threshold/cutoff will have to be lowered.

Applicants can't be invited for interview now, before the deadline, as there are still thousands of applicants who are yet to apply. By chance, lets say that most applicants that have applied so far have 3-4A*s and some of these applicants are invited for interview. From this day till the deadline, most applicants may have 10+ A*s. Some of these "better" applicants will have to be rejected because some interview slots have already been given to the 3-4A* applicants. That is simply not fair.

The above also applies when assessing applicants' PSs. What if, by chance, most applicants that have applied so far have really bad PSs in comparison to the applicants that are yet to apply. Why should these "bad" applicants be invited for interview? Because they applied earlier? Nah

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending