The Student Room Group

HM Passport Office (Grade 1/Grade 3?)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by VGN
@Vstar .. How was ur interv today :smile:

Yeah it was fine, it was very quick so can't tell if that's a good or a bad thing ha. How was yours?
Reply 21
Hello, it was ok .. Like u said it was quick. So lets wait ...
Original post by VGN
Hello Louise, congrats on getting the job. Ive done my tel interv today, it was ok, i hope i get through. Will update here the outcome. After how many days u got a response from them for the tel interv. Thanx

Hi, my telephone interview is tomorrow, not sure what to prepare, always think my previous experience is not good enough to convince the recruiter. VGN, did you use the example from your application form or prepared new answers?

Congratulations to Luisermillier!

Really nervous.
Congrats on the job!

I've got my telephone interview scheduled for tomorrow. So nervous! Did you guys just use the same examples as in the applications or create new ones?!
Reply 24
@wisdomneeded & rebecca .. Hello.. U can use the same or do something different. All he/she will ask is about the competency. Dont be nervous, i was too but honestly the guy was really polite. So make sure u got ur notes in front of u. Goodluck and do let us know how it went :wink:
Mine is at seven, yikes! So close. My answers when I say them are really only about a minute long... Is this too short? Or do they ask questions inbetween to bulk out the time.

Scared x)
Well not holding out much hope. My nerves don't half get the better of me xP

just the waiting game now; she mentioned that it will be around 10 days!
Original post by VGN
@wisdomneeded & rebecca .. Hello.. U can use the same or do something different. All he/she will ask is about the competency. Dont be nervous, i was too but honestly the guy was really polite. So make sure u got ur notes in front of u. Goodluck and do let us know how it went :wink:

Hi VGN,

Finished my telephone interview yesterday. It was quick, like I am talking to an answer machine, really mechanical! I wonder what will they find out from the telephone interview. It is like ' we are going through formality, we already have the people we wanted,' kind of experience.
Reply 28
Hello, yeah u r right. It was just reading the notes. But lets see. Which location u applied, i did for london ..
I applied for London as well.
Reply 30
Original post by wisdomneeded
Hi VGN,

Finished my telephone interview yesterday. It was quick, like I am talking to an answer machine, really mechanical! I wonder what will they find out from the telephone interview. It is like ' we are going through formality, we already have the people we wanted,' kind of experience.

That's what I thought, well I hope so anyway... Wonder how long it'll be until we find out??
Reply 31
Hello, all the telephone interviews are supposed to finish today, so i guess by end of this week we shuld get a response.
Hi guys, I'm a bit stressed; was supposed to have my phone interview today at 5:15pm but they never rang for some reason and so i've mailed them asking for an explanation but on the invitation email i received last week it states the 9th as the title and the 8th as the day of the interview so hopefully it may all just be an admin error and they'll ring tomorrow (9th) . anyway, i would reallyyy appreciate it if anyone would shed some light on what they ask you and the course of the phone interview in general. thanks a lot :smile:.
Original post by tabtheman
Hi guys, I'm a bit stressed; was supposed to have my phone interview today at 5:15pm but they never rang for some reason and so i've mailed them asking for an explanation but on the invitation email i received last week it states the 9th as the title and the 8th as the day of the interview so hopefully it may all just be an admin error and they'll ring tomorrow (9th) . anyway, i would reallyyy appreciate it if anyone would shed some light on what they ask you and the course of the phone interview in general. thanks a lot :smile:.

Hi, just prepare two competency answers, that it. not need to nervous at all. Write them email to inquire, they should reply within 24hrs.Good luck.
Reply 34
Hi guys

Did u get any response after the tel interv.

xx
Reply 35
@tabtheman

Just like wisdomneeded mentioned to prepare the two competencies u should be fine, and please dont be nervouse, just imagine u r leaving a voicemail :wink:. And yes just prepare for today incase they call u at the slot time given for the 9th, might just be an admin mistake.Goodluck
(edited 9 years ago)
thanks guys! will do and post back when its over. :smile:
Reply 37
New here, signed up after seeing this thread. Just had my telephone interview. Lasted 7 minutes! Was quite strange, almost formulaic. The lady I spoke to was very polite and seemed to read out terms and conditions at the start. I then gave my 2 competency answers, almost identical to those I typed in the application form. She then said thank you and asked if there's anything else I'd like to add. Minimal conversation, just basically reading out my answers as if it was an exam question. I wasted my time being nervous beforehand. As someone said earlier, it just seemed to be a formality to go through. Good luck to those who have telephone/face-to-face interviews to come. All the best
That's exactly what mine was like. Reeled off info at the start, then I begun my answers and could hear her typing away. Very polite mind. I too was nervous, my voice quavered numerous occasions. But yes let's hope its a formality. Good luck to the guy who is doing his tonight.

Its the last phonecalls today. I think Monday/Tuesday we should find out. Fingers crossed!
had mines an hour ago thankfully, wasn't sure if they were going to ring or not. it lasted 12 minutes and was extremely specific, I hope my examples were good enough to get through to the physical interview. She mentioned that we will know the outcome within the next 10 days and will have to book the physical one online like we did with this if we are successful. good luck everyone ! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending