The Student Room Group

Remarks for 2014.

Scroll to see replies

My remark came back the same. I got one more raw mark but CIE scaled an extra one off. I looked through the mark scheme and my paper with my teacher and we are both confused as to why I scored lower than what I expected. I should of got another 4-7 raw marks, which equates to about 12-20%. I got 85% so my lost marks have cost me dearly. I really need them to get into Cambridge, LSE, UCL, Durham ect. as well.

I am raging so much!!!!!!!!

CIE are a terrible exam board imo
Original post by Undisclosed 15
My remark came back the same. I got one more raw mark but CIE scaled an extra one off. I looked through the mark scheme and my paper with my teacher and we are both confused as to why I scored lower than what I expected. I should of got another 4-7 raw marks, which equates to about 12-20%. I got 85% so my lost marks have cost me dearly. I really need them to get into Cambridge, LSE, UCL, Durham ect. as well.

I am raging so much!!!!!!!!

CIE are a terrible exam board imo

Unlucky there man. :/ I hope you can sort out something which you're happy about. Did you apply for the remark which was not priority?
Do we get an email about our remark results on the email address that we provided on the remark form when we filled it out? I got 2 U's in AQA biol papers for A2 when I was expecting at least 2 C's. Starting to doubt myself now and think that I may have actually failed A2. ): praying for a miracle with the remark results.
Original post by CakeIsthebest
Unlucky there man. :/ I hope you can sort out something which you're happy about. Did you apply for the remark which was not priority?

CIE don't have priority remarks. Don't really know what to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got my AS AQA gov & politics unit 1 and 2 remarked. Both were marked as a high C and the remarks both came back exactly the same, didnt go up even one mark.
I also had my AQA english lit B paper remarked. I got a D originally, like many students, and again it came back the same. I got the script back as well, and they gave me 4 marks out of 21 for the first question! I couldn't believe it as we'd practiced that exact question (the robert frost one) in class a week before and I wrote exactly what she told me to.
Its so frustrating as i felt the exam went so well :frown:
Do we get an email about our remark results on the email address that we provided on the remark form when we filled it out? I got 2 U's in AQA biol papers for A2 when I was expecting at least 2 C's. Starting to doubt myself now and think that I may have actually failed A2. ): praying for a miracle with the remark results.

That sucks sorry to hear that. Best of luck with the remark. And yeah you should get it in the email you wrote down, at least thats the address they sent mine to
Original post by AliCat123
That sucks sorry to hear that. Best of luck with the remark. And yeah you should get it in the email you wrote down, at least thats the address they sent mine to

Thank you! Really need all the luck that I can get. And thanks. I'll probably post how bad/good it's gone for me. Have you had any remarks?
Original post by AliCat123
I got my AS AQA gov & politics unit 1 and 2 remarked. Both were marked as a high C and the remarks both came back exactly the same, didnt go up even one mark.
I also had my AQA english lit B paper remarked. I got a D originally, like many students, and again it came back the same. I got the script back as well, and they gave me 4 marks out of 21 for the first question! I couldn't believe it as we'd practiced that exact question (the robert frost one) in class a week before and I wrote exactly what she told me to.
Its so frustrating as i felt the exam went so well :frown:

Really annoying about the D not coming back higher man. That sucks. I hate it when you think you did alright in an exam and it just completely goes the wrong way. Good thing there's still an option of resits! Good luck with A2 year!
Original post by Undisclosed 15
CIE don't have priority remarks. Don't really know what to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe talk to your careers tutor or take a gap year and get some valuable work experience and just retake an exam or two?
I requested a remark for OCR AS English Literature n 12th September and it has yet to come! I'm so stressed every night because I really need it to reassure me that I should've got an A grade (I've been predicted A and constantly got As in my tests, yet I got a D in the exam but an A in coursework?)

Does anyone know how much longer it will take :frown: My exams officer is just saying it takes 'up to 30 days' which isn't very helpful.
Maybe talk to your careers tutor or take a gap year and get some valuable work experience and just retake an exam or two?

A gap year isnt really an option for me. So annoying that a dodgy exam board can mess with my future like this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AMKrishnan
I requested a remark for OCR AS English Literature n 12th September and it has yet to come! I'm so stressed every night because I really need it to reassure me that I should've got an A grade (I've been predicted A and constantly got As in my tests, yet I got a D in the exam but an A in coursework?)

Does anyone know how much longer it will take :frown: My exams officer is just saying it takes 'up to 30 days' which isn't very helpful.

yeah I'm still waiting for a remark from OCR since the 11th and my friend the day before... hopefully they come this week! then it'll be 30 days up!
Original post by loosiemorgan
yeah I'm still waiting for a remark from OCR since the 11th and my friend the day before... hopefully they come this week! then it'll be 30 days up!

I sent for a remark on the 11th ( OCR Chemistry AS ) and mine has also yet to come aswell -.- Its so annoying that all my friends on AQA got theirs back 2 weeks ago and I still don't know about mine. Oh welllll
How likely you do think it is that I could go up from 238/300 to 240/300 in Chemistry, would be over the moon with an A hahaha
Original post by lilovethebio
I sent for a remark on the 11th ( OCR Chemistry AS ) and mine has also yet to come aswell -.- Its so annoying that all my friends on AQA got theirs back 2 weeks ago and I still don't know about mine. Oh welllll
How likely you do think it is that I could go up from 238/300 to 240/300 in Chemistry, would be over the moon with an A hahaha

yeah I got my edexcel remark bad within a week!!!
not sure specifically for Chemistry but 2 UMS would only be 1 raw mark so hopefully it will! :biggrin: fingers crossed :smile:
Original post by AMKrishnan

feel a bit better that i still don't have my ocr remark back either now! it's been almost 8 weeks now though so will need to call soon!
Original post by DoctorWhat?
feel a bit better that i still don't have my ocr remark back either now! it's been almost 8 weeks now though so will need to call soon!

If you did order yours 7 weeks ago then they are late. They are meant to be back within 30 days and whilst OCR are slow, I've never known them go over the 30 day limit. Ring the exam centre.
yeah I got my edexcel remark bad within a week!!!
not sure specifically for Chemistry but 2 UMS would only be 1 raw mark so hopefully it will! :biggrin: fingers crossed :smile:

Original post by DoctorWhat?

It came back today :frown: stayed the same for both exams so will have to stick with my B one mark off an A -.- Oh well I wish you guys better luck and I suppose I shouldn't have ever had high hopes for a mark changing with a chemistry paper :')
It came back today :frown: stayed the same for both exams so will have to stick with my B one mark off an A -.- Oh well I wish you guys better luck and I suppose I shouldn't have ever had high hopes for a mark changing with a chemistry paper :')

Unlucky there man :frown: a B is still a brill grade for chem. Just wondering.. Did the remark results for both your chemistry papers come together or did one papers result come and then the others?

It's just because I've requested 2 papers to be remarked.
I got my remark back today... there's been a 26 UMS increase!! the paper went from a D to a B meaning I've now gone from a C overall to a very high B!! one more raw mark and I'd have an A! so pleased I've now got what I thought it should've been :biggrin:

Sorry yours stayed the same :frown: at least it's only one more mark you have to get next time :biggrin:
Unlucky there man :frown: a B is still a brill grade for chem. Just wondering.. Did the remark results for both your chemistry papers come together or did one papers result come and then the others?

It's just because I've requested 2 papers to be remarked.

They both (F321 and F322) came back at the same time , and my mate who remarked two Psychology exams had both back at the same time aswell. However I've heard some cases where one comes back before the other but since its so late now for remarks I bet yours will most likely both come back the same time tbh :smile:

I got my remark back today... there's been a 26 UMS increase!! the paper went from a D to a B meaning I've now gone from a C overall to a very high B!! one more raw mark and I'd have an A! so pleased I've now got what I thought it should've been :biggrin:

Sorry yours stayed the same :frown: at least it's only one more mark you have to get next time :biggrin:

Very true :smile: Don't know how I'm going to get an A in A2 Chem though been looking at the papers and they are insanely hard. -.- Oh well anything could happen I suppose ahahah :smile:))

Quick Reply

Latest