The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fafnirod2509
Wow already? That's crazy!!! What grades did you get? I'm applying for Astrophysics so fingers crossed!

AAAAA :cool: it was honestly such a surprise though, especially for english! Hbu?
Aw good luck for that! Where else have you applied for?
Original post by greenladybird
AAAAA :cool: it was honestly such a surprise though, especially for english! Hbu?
Aw good luck for that! Where else have you applied for?

Same! :smile: I got a band 1 in english and didn't even know till the other day! :laugh: Thanks :smile: Ehhh Saint Andrews and Cambridge, just need to finish my personal statement:biggrin:
Same! :smile: I got a band 1 in english and didn't even know till the other day! :laugh: Thanks :smile: Ehhh Saint Andrews and Cambridge, just need to finish my personal statement:biggrin:

I didn't even want to know my banding for english - an A is good enough for me haha. Aw I loved St Andrews, shame they don't do engineering though :frown:
Hopefully it won't take too long! Good luck for Cambridge!!
Original post by greenladybird
I didn't even want to know my banding for english - an A is good enough for me haha. Aw I loved St Andrews, shame they don't do engineering though :frown:
Hopefully it won't take too long! Good luck for Cambridge!!

Nah I had to know! haha :L yeah hopefully not! Thanks :biggrin:

St Andrews/Cambridge physicist and chemist here (hopefully) :-) five band 1s, unconditional from Glasgow :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CaitlinDy
St Andrews/Cambridge physicist and chemist here (hopefully) :-) five band 1s, unconditional from Glasgow :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow well done! i was one short of 5! damn computing :L For Astrophysics? and which college? Maybe I'll be your classmate!
Wow well done! i was one short of 5! damn computing :L For Astrophysics? and which college? Maybe I'll be your classmate!

Physical natural science at King's.
I'm considering astrophysics as one of the three modules, providing the interview is successful and co editions are met which is a great ask.
Which college have you applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Physical Natural Sciences at Homerton College. Im planning on doing Physics, Material Science and Geology in first and second year if i get in, and Astrophysics from 3rd -> 5th year :L yeah it is a big ask, hopefully i get a 2A and a B offer, although id love to get an offer whatever the case haha
Physical Natural Sciences at Homerton College. Im planning on doing Physics, Material Science and Geology in first and second year if i get in, and Astrophysics from 3rd -> 5th year :L yeah it is a big ask, hopefully i get a 2A and a B offer, although id love to get an offer whatever the case haha

I think for King's they're expecting me to get two A1s and an A2 at advanced higher. I'm currently predicted A1 (chem) A2 (physics, maths - for safety) and B3 in French.
I really hope you get in :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think for King's they're expecting me to get two A1s and an A2 at advanced higher. I'm currently predicted A1 (chem) A2 (physics, maths - for safety) and B3 in French.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They can give you an offer on bands?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GeschichteJunge
That's good to hear you can get those UC's! I was told I'd get an unconditional for Edinburgh, Strathclyde and maybe Glasgow depending on my ps and LNAT test result! Oxfords so competitive I pray I get an offer, if that's the case I'm going to study my ass off to get there! Oh that's ideal! I am so jealous you're applying for dentistry it genuinely looks fun!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dentistry is so good honestly! The clinical side of it is something else! Based on your results and providing you can make a great P.S I reckon you have every chance in the world of getting offers for Oxford/Glasgow :biggrin:

I'll admit I really didn't think my application would get to this stage! Dentistry is so hard to get into!
Original post by SerLorasTyrell
They can give you an offer on bands?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah they're quite particular about them I think
Yeah they're quite particular about them I think

Oh god

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SerLorasTyrell

One of my friends got A1A1A2 from Cambridge, and also from UCL. My other friend got AAB from Oxford if that changes your mind :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought they only wanted A and B's? i think you're thinking of the english A*A*A, our equivalent is AAB I believe:biggrin: Im predicted 3As, but they dont predict bandings here :L That's for Physics, Chemistry and Maths to Adv higher :smile: Thank you! you too!:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest