The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7020
Original post by Odd socks
Can't sleep and I've got my DSA assessment at 10am tomorrow, what if I sleep in and miss it?? :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

We will wake you up, that's what :tongue:

:hugs:
Reply 7021
Good God I've made 350 flipping threads in the 14 months alone, as opposed to a reasonable 100 in the 2 years before that. Something went wrong.
Reply 7022
Original post by lauraaaaa
Just woke up choking and choked that much I was sick. I ****ing hate this

Original post by Porridge510
I want to sleep but i cant because im terrified. :cry2:

hate this so much. every night ive been fine. why tonight! :cry2:

:hugs: to all. I won't say anymore as the most reassuring words from me are the fewest :tongue:
Original post by Riku
:hugs: to all. I won't say anymore as the most reassuring words from me are the fewest :tongue:

Thank you hun. :hugs:

---------------------------------

Going to go back in my room and see how it goes.
Feel a teeny bit calmer, but i've been distracted.
Really scared. But they can't hurt me, i hope :cry2:
Reply 7024

Spoiler

Feel so fragile this morning.
Original post by PonchoKid
With brass you use your lips more, the higher the note the tighter your lips on the mouthpeice, thatps how you do a scale, and different keys together mean different nites, as each key inside has different holes to let air through :yep:
Im pretty sure its a woodwind, dont ask me why cos i have no clue, its what our conductor told us.

No, all the fingering (:giggle:) is the same on each instrument its just different size mouth peices, and size instruments. I prefered the horn or bass as they have a bigger mouthpeice as i have a big bottom lip, so its easier.
For contests i ofton played the bass as the only bass players we had were adults, and in a youth contest your only allowed 2 adults so they only picked 1 bass and i filled in the other place

Posted from TSR Mobile

That makes sense! Kind of do that on woodwind but much less, mainly just jumping between octaves on flute I notice :yy: Trying to work out why it would be, will google later if I remember :smile:

Oh ok, kind of like different size saxophones then, or flutes or whatever. Just wondered as strings are all different... So you were the important one, you just played what no-one else would :tongue:

--------
So many people struggling on here last night, too many to quote but :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
****test night imaginable. ****ing hate myself, hate everything
Visiting a new doctor for the first time about mh issues. They don't have my records yet so I'm starting completely from scratch. I'm so nervous :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ParadoxSocks
Visiting a new doctor for the first time about mh issues. They don't have my records yet so I'm starting completely from scratch. I'm so nervous :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

you'll be okay cupcake
Original post by .snowflake.
you'll be okay cupcake

Feel absolutely physically rotten this morning too. Think I'm sickening :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Feel absolutely physically rotten this morning too. Think I'm sickening :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

i feel rubbish too. might go back to bed for a bit and hope it's not grey and rainy when i get up.
I want nothing more than to have a decent nights sleep and wake up feeling physically (and mentally) well again...I'd do anything :frown:
Original post by ScaryScience
****test night imaginable. ****ing hate myself, hate everything

:jumphug: that sounds awful, don't hate yourself though, it's not your fault you are ill! really hope today is better for you cause you don't deserve this at all!

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: good luck with the doctors! hopefully they will be understanding & stuff! did you have a good day yesterday at least? if you want to chat you can always drop me a message on here or facebook :smile:

I want nothing more than to have a decent nights sleep and wake up feeling physically (and mentally) well again...I'd do anything
:frown:

:console: hopefully you get that soon, have you tried talking to anyone about sleep issues? I haven't had much luck with it in the past but I know sometimes people find sleep hygiene & stuff useful!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
:jumphug: that sounds awful, don't hate yourself though, it's not your fault you are ill! really hope today is better for you cause you don't deserve this at all!

:hugs: good luck with the doctors! hopefully they will be understanding & stuff! did you have a good day yesterday at least? if you want to chat you can always drop me a message on here or facebook :smile:

:console: hopefully you get that soon, have you tried talking to anyone about sleep issues? I haven't had much luck with it in the past but I know sometimes people find sleep hygiene & stuff useful!

Thank you. Had GP appointment and now I'm just sitting crying in uni. I don't even care, feel so awful

It's not really sleeping problems that I have, it's just that it's been freshers week this last week, so barely any sleep has been had, and now I've got freshers flu ridiculously bad...I honestly just feel so utterly ****, and now I have my first proper two hour lecture at like 11 and I'm absolutely dreading it :'( just feeling so sorry for myself today hah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just want to disappear tbh
Original post by ScaryScience
Thank you. Had GP appointment and now I'm just sitting crying in uni. I don't even care, feel so awful

:hugs: was the GP helpful at all? anything you could do that might help you cheer up maybe? sorry to hear you feel so down still

It's not really sleeping problems that I have, it's just that it's been freshers week this last week, so barely any sleep has been had, and now I've got freshers flu ridiculously bad...I honestly just feel so utterly ****, and now I have my first proper two hour lecture at like 11 and I'm absolutely dreading it :'( just feeling so sorry for myself today hah

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah okay, fair enough, freshers can be kinda crazy from what I remember yeah, hopefully you feel better soon though! maybe have a nice big cup of tea or coffee? should wake you up a bit at least, then just get some rest after your lectures :smile:

---

managed my one night a month of good sleep last night (though mainly cause of sleep deprivation from 2 days with barely any sleep causing me to completely crash but heh), hopefully I properly wake up soon, still kinda groggy, gotta tidy the living room today which won't be fun but has to be done I guess :tongue:
Realised today, as a young woman in her early 20s, I don't want kids and probably never will.. at the most maybe I'd want to adopt one who's a bit older.

Great. Potential suitors reduced even more.
:hugs: was the GP helpful at all? anything you could do that might help you cheer up maybe? sorry to hear you feel so down still

ah okay, fair enough, freshers can be kinda crazy from what I remember yeah, hopefully you feel better soon though! maybe have a nice big cup of tea or coffee? should wake you up a bit at least, then just get some rest after your lectures :smile:

---

managed my one night a month of good sleep last night (though mainly cause of sleep deprivation from 2 days with barely any sleep causing me to completely crash but heh), hopefully I properly wake up soon, still kinda groggy, gotta tidy the living room today which won't be fun but has to be done I guess :tongue:

She's referred me to the gym. Bit worried though cause when she talked about the psych she said it was at 'meds review'. If there isn't a full assessment at least the start of another diagnosis I may as well disappear. No one seems to take it seriously and I'm never gonna get anywhere. Physical stuff is playing up and making me feel like absolute **** as well