The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm planning to finish 3 overdue series tonight:
Just did the first a moment ago, it was the second season of Free! which didn't disappoint me at all really.

EDIT: The second series I finished tonight was Sabagebu! This was as crazy as box of frogs but the pop gaming/film culture references were hilarious. I counted Resident Evil, Alien, Predator amongst others.

EDIT: Last but not last I finished Madoka Magicka finally! The rave reviews from friends kind of got my hopes up and let me down but it wasn't bad.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
I'm planning to finish 3 overdue series tonight:
Just did the first a moment ago, it was the second season of Free! which didn't disappoint me at all really.

I was really impressed by the effort they put into Free! Eternal Summer. I liked the more expanded cast and thought they did quite a good job of progressing the characters. Also, the English in the Australia episode was very good compared to the English in most other anime.
Original post by TroyAndAbed
I was really impressed by the effort they put into Free! Eternal Summer. I liked the more expanded cast and thought they did quite a good job of progressing the characters. Also, the English in the Australia episode was very good compared to the English in most other anime.

Yeah I was initially struggling to see how they would drag a second season out but they did it pretty well. The new characters all added something to the show and existing characters certainly progressed.
Just finished Baby Steps. Not bad.

Spoiler

I hope there's a sequel anime or a spinoff of History's Strongest Deciple Kenichi. The last chapter was crap.
Original post by Keoje
Just finished Baby Steps. Not bad.

Spoiler

Original post by ToLiveInADream
I've finally gotten around to watching SAO and I'm in love :smile:

YOu'll hate the 2nd half. I need to begin SAO 2 if it's out.
Decided to watch No Game No Life seeing as people go crazy over how good/bad it is. I'm on ep.4 and seem to be enjoying so far :tongue:

EDIT: Had a bit more time on my hands so watched Neon Genesis Evangelion as well. It'll probably end up on hold at about 15 episodes like bebop.
(edited 9 years ago)
NARUTO is ending in 5 weeks.

http://shonenjump.viz.com/node/2326
Reply 8007
I keep meaning to get back into naruto but never do.:erm: But although its had massive variations of qulaity im glad theres an end. Its had a long run. Hopefully it will end well.

EDIT: Decided to resume where I left off ... dull filler ep, immediately remember why I stalled it.:indiff:
(edited 9 years ago)
As much as I liked Naruto when it came out...somewhere along the way...It's kinda lost its appeal like Bleach. One Piece still going strong for me tho.
I've never read the Naruto manga but I've stopped watching the anime since Jan, got kind of bored of it, might get back to it someday :moon:

Haven't watched any anime the last few weeks just haven't been in the mood :tongue: but started reading Nisekoi a couple of weeks ago from where the anime left off, got quite addicted to it and now I'm up to date :tongue: It's pretty good up to just past 100 chapters or so then it got a bit hit and miss :/
Finished NGNL! Seems to have been worth my time as it managed to keep me watching at all times.

EDIT: Started Amagi Brilliant Park which wasn't bad, the weekly viewings really kills me though. So carrying on with NGE and Cowboy Bebop.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8011
So Ive watched a bit more of naruto, up to 326....

After that bit of filler I was on some parts have been really good.:teeth: The abilities often seem pretty well developed and balanced well. They have drawbacks and the fact the main character has to put in alot of work to get them. Which is a good thing in a shounen series. :yes:

One of the problems however seems to be the authors bias for overpowered magic eye god power the uchiha pull out of their arse whenever they like.:unimpressed:
When is chaika the coffin princess coming out. According to some sources it should have came out two days ago but cnt find it on any anime websites.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Abzey_97
When is chaika the coffin princess coming out. According to some sources it should have came out two days ago but cnt find it on any anime websites.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It has been out for a few days, and is up on Crunchyroll (though for paid members only until next week). I'd be surprised if 'other' sites don't have it by now, though!
Original post by AngryJellyfish
It has been out for a few days, and is up on Crunchyroll (though for paid members only until next week). I'd be surprised if 'other' sites don't have it by now, though!

Many thanks. Ill just have to keep searching other websites then!!!:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Trigun's closing theme is delicious.
Dropped Terra Formars this week - censoring is so fecking terrible there is really no point in watching it. Surely there could have been a more elegant way to censor rather than slapping random black circles & bars all over the screen!

Donten ni Warau is on the ropes after ep2 - I desperately want to like it because it is all sorts of my "my kind of thing" but the anime is just so meh.....think I will have to opt for the manga instead.

Gundam G-Reco continues to show all different shades of LOLTomino - this week it was wacky animals interspersed between mobile suit action. Also he felt the need to spell out to us that there is a toilet built into the cockpits......this is information I really could have done without. There is a decent show in there somewhere buried under all the weirdness!
Original post by caraniel
Dropped Terra Formars this week - censoring is so fecking terrible there is really no point in watching it. Surely there could have been a more elegant way to censor rather than slapping random black circles & bars all over the screen!

I might do the same. Seikon no Qwaser was less censored. :p: Definitely should have been my kind of series, but I guess I can always return to it once the Blurays are out.
Watched the first episode of Grisaia no Kajitsu and it was bizarre/dark as promised. From the one episode it reminds me of Little Busters Refrain :tongue:
Anyone else here read Hitoshi Ashinano's Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou? I think I'm the only person on earth to know who it is, and this needs to stop. Beautiful art style, great slow pacing, amazing worldbuilding, lovable characters. Just a shame it's only 14 volumes long.

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)

Latest