The Student Room Group

St George's Medicine Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vee_wuvshugs
but those were the previous cut off scores right? I emailed them and they never answered. I could never reach them by phone either :/

yeah previous cutoff scores.. Thats weird they got back to me in 5 hours
I'm not sure whether to apply here. I've got 5 A* and 5A's, A*AAA at a level and 2560 total ukcat, which is below their cut off last year :s-smilie:
Original post by priyanka44
I'm not sure whether to apply here. I've got 5 A* and 5A's, A*AAA at a level and 2560 total ukcat, which is below their cut off last year :s-smilie:

we have a similar ukcat.. you would be fine to apply here pretty sure!
Original post by Paras Agarwal
we have a similar ukcat.. you would be fine to apply here pretty sure!

Ok thanks, where else are you applying?
Original post by Joannywhite
Interviews will be given to the top 600 out of those who meet the entry requirements. Doesn't necessarily mean the best scores :smile:

doesn't top mean the best though?
Original post by blissfully
doesn't top mean the best though?

Jaska said "interviews will only be given to those with the best ukcat scores" which as far as I know is not the case. Top 600 does not necessarily mean best ukcat scores. They dont give out interviews solely based on the ukcat.

If by scores he wasnt only referring to the ukcat then that would be my bad :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 286
hi guys, how do SGUL select for interview? It says on the website that if you meet the minimum requirements you'll be selected. does that mean if you meet the minimum academic requirements and UKCAT? Do they use a UKCAT cut off? thanks
Reply 287
Original post by priyanka44

Their cut off last year was 2550 and with the downfall this year I am sure you will be fine :smile:.

I have 2430, do you think I stand a chance? I am an EU applicant and have decent academics (all above 86%), do I stand a chance and should I apply? I love their offer.
Reply 288
Original post by 254
hi guys, how do SGUL select for interview? It says on the website that if you meet the minimum requirements you'll be selected. does that mean if you meet the minimum academic requirements and UKCAT? Do they use a UKCAT cut off? thanks

They do use the cut offs. And I think if you meet their requirements you are guaranteed an interview, at least it is what is says on their website.
Hi there, do you think I should apply to SGUL with these stats?

GCSE: 7A* 5A

AS Level: AAAA- Bio, Chem, Physics and Maths

UKCAT: 2610- 652.5 average SJT: Band 1

Plenty of volunteering, work experience and other community work.

Thank you
Hope all your personal statements and stuff are going well - deadline must be round the corner?

Let me know if any of you have any questions about the uni :smile: (although please don't ask me "will I be considered, should i apply etc" - plenty of information on here and past threads to make your own decisions on the matter, plus it's changed from when I applied so I'm not the best one to ask :P)

Good luck! x
Reply 291
Original post by tania<3
Hope all your personal statements and stuff are going well - deadline must be round the corner?

Let me know if any of you have any questions about the uni :smile: (although please don't ask me "will I be considered, should i apply etc" - plenty of information on here and past threads to make your own decisions on the matter, plus it's changed from when I applied so I'm not the best one to ask :P)

Good luck! x

Hi! how big is each year group for medicine? do you learn alongside other healthcare workers- like nursing and physiotherapy students?
whats the course like? is it completely PBL?
why did you choose SGUL?
and what do you love about it?
Reply 292
Original post by matthill97
Hi there, do you think I should apply to SGUL with these stats?

GCSE: 7A* 5A

AS Level: AAAA- Bio, Chem, Physics and Maths

UKCAT: 2610- 652.5 average SJT: Band 1

Plenty of volunteering, work experience and other community work.

Thank you

I think you will be guaranteed an interview. Have you thought about applying to King's or Bart's?
Reply 293
Original post by tania<3

Good luck! x

How much contact with the patients do you have?
Thank you for the reply! I've considered Kings but on their website it says the average ukcat score of those given interviews was 730 for 2014 entry so that's a bit risky for me. Bart's is definitely an option but i'm not too sure at the moment.
Im SO confused about the selection procedure.

If you meet all the academics and you meet the UKCAT cut off score , does that mean you are interviewed?

So say you have a UKCAT of 630, the cut off is 610. You are in the " next stage" and then the top 600 out of all the people who meet the cut off are interviewed?

PLEASE HELP !
Original post by neverstop
Im SO confused about the selection procedure.

If you meet all the academics and you meet the UKCAT cut off score , does that mean you are interviewed?

So say you have a UKCAT of 630, the cut off is 610. You are in the " next stage" and then the top 600 out of all the people who meet the cut off are interviewed?

PLEASE HELP !

Yes that would be correct :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 297
Original post by Joannywhite
Yes that would be correct :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

So meeting the minimum requirements doesn't necessarily mean you will get an interview?
Reply 298
Original post by karzen
So meeting the minimum requirements doesn't necessarily mean you will get an interview?

So what ? If you meet the ukcat cut off and min requirements you still aren't guaranteed? So what else do they use to select?
Or do they select the top 600 ukcat scores from everyone who meets the min academic requirements?
Reply 299
Original post by 254
So what ? If you meet the ukcat cut off and min requirements you still aren't guaranteed? So what else do they use to select?
Or do they select the top 600 ukcat scores from everyone who meets the min academic requirements?

From what I've seen above I think the latter is correct. I don't know what "top" means in this matter tho, top UKCAT&academics or solely academics or maybe they also consider PS?

Quick Reply

Latest