The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sr-96
Did everyone mention a book from LSE's preliminary reading list in their personal statement?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I mentioned a couple. :smile:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Millerman
Do LSE or UCL do interviews or ask for extra information or is it simply the UCAS application that they consider?

They now tend to request modular UMS scores

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 162
Original post by MrBowcat

Posted from TSR Mobile

UCL ask for module scores?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Millerman
Do LSE or UCL do interviews or ask for extra information or is it simply the UCAS application that they consider?

LSE does not have interviews, while some programs at UCL have interviews and supplement materials. For example, I'm applying to Arts and Sciences and they request a seperate personal statement in addition to a open day invitation where you take a test. Unless youre non-UK, in which case you'll probably have a skype interview of some sort..
Original post by sr234
UCL ask for module scores?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just LSE I believe
Does anyone know when LSE tend to send offers/rejections?
Original post by LevCrofts
Does anyone know when LSE tend to send offers/rejections?

Not so soon unless you are obviously rejected very early.

Last year you get a acknowledgement letter first. Then another email a few weeks later saying if you would be considered further and that you will be informed another few weeks later about your status. If you passed the 2nd review you then go into the final group of strong candidates with strong PS for final selection to be given offers.

The Admissions office will inform each applicant accordingly and the process for this year will become clearer soon.
Reply 167
Good luck everybody!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any BA in Anthropology and Law applicants here I wonder the combined honors degree but not the single honors LLB or BA/BSc in Anthropology?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by GandalfWhite

Last year you get a acknowledgement letter first. Then another email a few weeks later saying if you would be considered further and that you will be informed another few weeks later about your status. If you passed the 2nd review you then go into the final group of strong candidates with strong PS for final selection to be given offers.

The Admissions office will inform each applicant accordingly and the process for this year will become clearer soon.

Thanks, this was helpful. :smile: I just got an email saying that I would be updated within two weeks.
Thanks, this was helpful. :smile: I just got an email saying that I would be updated within two weeks.

Same, I got the acknowledgment email last thursday and then today they said they were looking at my grades and personal statement...quite nervous haha
Original post by megan97
Same, I got the acknowledgment email last thursday and then today they said they were looking at my grades and personal statement...quite nervous haha

Yeah, mine basically just said they would keep me updated (with another email in two weeks) and that the very very latest they would reply is Christmas. Really nervous!

Which course are you applying for? The message seems to be subject specific for me. :smile:

Best of luck!
Yeah, mine basically just said they would keep me updated (with another email in two weeks) and that the very very latest they would reply is Christmas. Really nervous!

Which course are you applying for? The message seems to be subject specific for me. :smile:

Best of luck!

Hey, yeah that was the first email i got and they emailed me back quicker than the 2 weeks they said. Mine was subject specific too, from the international relations admissions assessor. I've applied for IR, you? :smile:
Original post by megan97
Hey, yeah that was the first email i got and they emailed me back quicker than the 2 weeks they said. Mine was subject specific too, from the international relations admissions assessor. I've applied for IR, you? :smile:

That's really great to hear! How much quicker, and what did the second email say (was it an offer or an update)? Oh that looks like a really cool course. I'm applying for the BSc in Philosophy, Politics and Economics.
That's really great to hear! How much quicker, and what did the second email say (was it an offer or an update)? Oh that looks like a really cool course. I'm applying for the BSc in Philosophy, Politics and Economics.

The first was to say they received my application and that they'd email me again in 2 weeks, as well as saying they hope to inform me of a decision within 12 weeks and by the end of March at the latest. Then they emailed me 4 days later (today) saying they were looking at my grades and personal statement and that they'd email me again with an update in 2 weeks.

It's nice that lse keep us updated, only uni to contact me more than once.

Ah that's cool, ppe is a new course at lse isn't it?
Original post by megan97
The first was to say they received my application and that they'd email me again in 2 weeks, as well as saying they hope to inform me of a decision within 12 weeks and by the end of March at the latest. Then they emailed me 4 days later (today) saying they were looking at my grades and personal statement and that they'd email me again with an update in 2 weeks.

It's nice that lse keep us updated, only uni to contact me more than once.

Ah that's cool, ppe is a new course at lse isn't it?

Oh awesome, I have the former message (just recieved it today, sent off my application on the 1st of Oct) but not the latter.

Yeah, I'm the same. I've only had one email from UCL and Edinburgh and none from my other two choices.

Yeah it is, I was going to apply for Government and Economics but then they added this. :biggrin:
Original post by MrBowcat

Posted from TSR Mobile

Will they send me an email asking or something?
Original post by shouldBstudying
LSE does not have interviews, while some programs at UCL have interviews and supplement materials. For example, I'm applying to Arts and Sciences and they request a seperate personal statement in addition to a open day invitation where you take a test. Unless youre non-UK, in which case you'll probably have a skype interview of some sort..

How do they notify you of this? I don't want to not give them the info they need
Original post by GandalfWhite

You want to be in for the long haul guys. This is one of those situations where No news is Good news ... as it means you are still in with a chance ... until time for the final decision. Good luck everyone.
Hi. I have applied for Government & Economics at LSE at the end of September. I have 10 A* IGCSE, with a Top in the World Award for IGCSE Geography and IGCSE Biology. I have 6 As at AS (100 UMS in both AS Politics Units, Unit 2 Economics and S1 in Math) and 5 A* predictions for A2, along with an A prediction for AS Further Math, which my school only started offering this year. I have received two letters of acknowledgment, with the one saying that my qualifications are now being assessed having been sent to me last week. However, I am not pleased with how my PS has turned out.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending