The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Original post by halamadrid777
Which ones? I applied to UofM, Liverpool, Cardiff, Sheffield, and QUB? :rolleyes:

I have no idea, I can't even remember how long it took for mine to respond when I applied.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by HandmadeTurnip
I have no idea, I can't even remember how long it took for mine to respond when I applied.

no worries :smile:
Has anybody applying for any physics degree been invited to an interview yet?
Sent my application monday, got one offer but not heard back from manchester yet
thanks !
Original post by rachelc142
Has anybody applying for any physics degree been invited to an interview yet?
Sent my application monday, got one offer but not heard back from manchester yet
thanks !

where did you get an offer from if you don't mind me asking? I applied on 19th Sept and still haven't heard back from any Uni I applied to. :frown: I can't wait anymore.
(edited 9 years ago)
where did you get an offer from if you don't mind me asking? I applied on 19th Sept and still haven't heard back from any Uni I applied to. :frown: I can't wait anymore.

I got an offer from uni of glasgow :smile: but apparently they are renowned for giving out early offers to excellent candidates.
I wouldn't worry honestly! A lot of unis reply soo late its ridiculous!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got an offer from uni of glasgow :smile: but apparently they are renowned for giving out early offers to excellent candidates.
I wouldn't worry honestly! A lot of unis reply soo late its ridiculous!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations on your offer from Glasgow :smile: I got an acknowledgement from Cardiff, and Liverpool sent me a mail saying they're busy till Oct 3 for student registration and all :biggrin:
All the best with the rest of your choices though! :smile:
Congratulations on your offer from Glasgow :smile: I got an acknowledgement from Cardiff, and Liverpool sent me a mail saying they're busy till Oct 3 for student registration and all :biggrin:
All the best with the rest of your choices though! :smile:

Thank you!
Yeah exactly, even receiving acknowledgement is reassuring :')
Thanks so much, you too ! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you!
Yeah exactly, even receiving acknowledgement is reassuring :')
Thanks so much, you too ! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

My pleasure :smile:
With AS grades BCC in biol math and chem respectively, how likely am I to get an offer for Manchester pharmacy with predicted grades AAB with the A's in chem and biol? I haven't got the best of GCSE's either (3 A's 5 B's and 2C's)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have any other chem eng applicants been invited for interview. My interview is on the 22/10/14
Original post by Rhyss01
With AS grades BCC in biol math and chem respectively, how likely am I to get an offer for Manchester pharmacy with predicted grades AAB with the A's in chem and biol? I haven't got the best of GCSE's either (3 A's 5 B's and 2C's)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not saying it is not possible but your personal statement have to be really good. General requirement was AAA - AAB. Manchester loves to see your achievement and skills that you gained based on their personal statement guide sheet. Goodluck. You have a good predictable grade so a conditional offer...They may probably take in account that a level reform messed up many people...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chocolattelee
Not saying it is not possible but your personal statement have to be really good. General requirement was AAA - AAB. Manchester loves to see your achievement and skills that you gained based on their personal statement guide sheet. Goodluck. You have a good predictable grade so a conditional offer...They may probably take in account that a level reform messed up many people...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, yeah I think my ps will be really good as I have a lot of volunteering and stuff. I haven't heard anything about their personal statement guide sheet? And what do you mean by a level reform?
Yaaaay got invited to interview today! Excited and nervous !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yaaaay got invited to interview today! Excited and nervous !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done, What course and when.
Original post by rdmchill
Well done, What course and when.

thank you!
maths and physics, 11th of november :smile:
Original post by Rhyss01
Thanks, yeah I think my ps will be really good as I have a lot of volunteering and stuff. I haven't heard anything about their personal statement guide sheet? And what do you mean by a level reform?

oh the alevel reform now all exams are taken in the summer...it used to be some in jan and then some in june/july which was less pressure and stress!

ahhh i see, well im on their programme thing as i live in manchester. it's basically a template for a personal statement...
but i didnt really use it because it was different...

my college taught me to use like 80% of the personal statement to express your interest and reasons why you do this course etc.
but in the manchester uni, its template is rather 80% of achievements/skills

idk so i suppose they really like skills or achievements
thank you!
maths and physics, 11th of november :smile:

Nice, Chem eng 22nd oct for me
Original post by rdmchill
Nice, Chem eng 22nd oct for me

ahh congrats :smile: so relieved I really really love it there
Original post by chocolattelee
oh the alevel reform now all exams are taken in the summer...it used to be some in jan and then some in june/july which was less pressure and stress!

ahhh i see, well im on their programme thing as i live in manchester. it's basically a template for a personal statement...
but i didnt really use it because it was different...

my college taught me to use like 80% of the personal statement to express your interest and reasons why you do this course etc.
but in the manchester uni, its template is rather 80% of achievements/skills

idk so i suppose they really like skills or achievements

Oh right okay, thanks:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HandmadeTurnip

Hi, I'll be sending off my application first week of November. I'll be applying for a Foundation year, am I leaving it too late?!!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending