The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abi790
I haven't discounted doing post grad medicine, but for the minuted Biochem is for me! Good luck!

Just bare in mind most of the top places for Biochem want at least AAB. A great similar course is Cellular and Molecular medicine at Bristol if you are looking for a 5th choice for a Medical Application, with ABB requirements for most state schools.

Good choice, seems you have a clear conviction, which is good :smile:.

I realised I won't be eligible to apply for the top unis because I got a D in Chem(really bad on unit 2 which is forcing to do a gap-_-). Should hopefully raise that to A though, this year :biggrin:. Rest of my subjects meet/exceed the prediction.
So I will still need to go on a gap year because my predictions won't be high enough for the top schools. I am forced to take a gap year I guess ;D.

Which unis are you applying for? I honestly don't know the top unis for biochem are Oxbridge. I got good GCSEs but I don't know how much A* they would like or like the competition for biochem.

I would most likely go into doing a PGCE though and become a chem teacher :biggrin:. Unless research seems interesting lol.
Personal statement finally finished

Man that took a long time
Original post by Elm Tree
Personal statement finally finished

Man that took a long time

how many drafts?

my final version I called 3.0

that was about 2 mini revisions, one total rewrite and one big redraft. 85% of it I did in one go though.
this year 13 thread really f*cking slowed down compared to year 12...
Man feck this I don't want to grow up I wanna grow back the hell down. :frown:
Original post by NikolaT

yup.
Original post by Guills on wheels
this year 13 thread really f*cking slowed down compared to year 12...

Hiii, long time no see
Original post by NikolaT

Lol I just wanna stay in this place forever.
But have the work be harder...cos It's boring.
Original post by Hudl
Are we allowed to legally request to read our reference before it is sent off through UCAS by our sixth forms / college?

Yep, it's your legal right.
First offer!
Original post by radhikagulati
First offer!

Congrats !! So exciting isnt it :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
First offer!

Woooo where from?
Original post by TheNoobishKnight
Good choice, seems you have a clear conviction, which is good :smile:.

I realised I won't be eligible to apply for the top unis because I got a D in Chem(really bad on unit 2 which is forcing to do a gap-_-). Should hopefully raise that to A though, this year :biggrin:. Rest of my subjects meet/exceed the prediction.
So I will still need to go on a gap year because my predictions won't be high enough for the top schools. I am forced to take a gap year I guess ;D.

Which unis are you applying for? I honestly don't know the top unis for biochem are Oxbridge. I got good GCSEs but I don't know how much A* they would like or like the competition for biochem.

I would most likely go into doing a PGCE though and become a chem teacher :biggrin:. Unless research seems interesting lol.

Im applying for Oxford, Bath, Bristol, Sheffield and Cardiff. They don't really look at GCSEs, at least not like Medicine do. If medicine is what you really wanna do, you should totally go for it! I really like the idea of a Gap year, maybe Ill have one after Uni :P
Original post by Abi790
Im applying for Oxford, Bath, Bristol, Sheffield and Cardiff. They don't really look at GCSEs, at least not like Medicine do. If medicine is what you really wanna do, you should totally go for it! I really like the idea of a Gap year, maybe Ill have one after Uni :P

Lol thanks. Wow nice choices. I guess I will get my grades first and make my choice after :biggrin:. Gap years do seem interesting TBH, can't wait :biggrin:.
Hi guys,
I'm studying Biology (Edexcel), Chemistry (OCR salters), Economics (AQA) and Geography (AQA) and was wondering if someone did the same exam boards as me and how you revised for AS Level?
If you got As, how did you revise and was it difficult to achieve those grades? Likewise, if you didn't do as well, what mistakes did you make and how would you improve on them?
Thankssss :biggrin:
(I'm in year 12 btw)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Woooo where from?

Chemistry at Warwick :smile: I'm applying for medicine so it's my back up but i'm still really happy :smile:

I was impressed at how quick they were! I had a conformation email in the morning that my application had been received and by lunch I had an offer!
Chemistry at Warwick :smile: I'm applying for medicine so it's my back up but i'm still really happy :smile:

I was impressed at how quick they were! I had a conformation email in the morning that my application had been received and by lunch I had an offer!

Damn! I removed Warwick as a choice...

Congrats tho
(edited 9 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congrats omg !!!!
Argh this just makes me wanna send off my application already. I wanna send it by this friday hopefully
You're all making me sad that I have to take a gap year :tongue:
Original post by MangoFreak
You're all making me sad that I have to take a gap year :tongue:

Why do you have to?
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Why do you have to?

Well being back in England I was like "nah not gonna go to Australia gonna apply Cambridge" but obviously not applying to Cambridge with these AS grades sooooo gap year :awesome:

Latest