The Student Room Group

GCSE Student Chat thread MK IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Trihawk7
I have to write up a speech for controlled assessment and am completely clueless on what to do for it... so I'm doing geo first :smile:

Do something about aerospace or aeronautics? You're doing something on that for work experience, right? Or ways tech/science is helping is helping us? A current event..?

There are so many things to pick from! :ahee:

I love Geography! We had a test last week, I'll see how it went tomorrow. :mmm:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by karmacrunch
Do something about aerospace or aeronautics? You're doing something on that for work experience, right? Or ways tech/science is helping is helping us? A current event..?

There are so many things to pick from! :ahee:

I love Geography! We had a test last week, I'll see how it went tomorrow. :mmm:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Aerospace stuff, science/tech, will end up boring the class to death because my class is mostly made up of girls who paint their nails so idk if they like that stuff tbh, might just do a speech on OMaM :ahee: Idk still very undecided...

Geo, shoot me please
Original post by Gingerbread101
Yeah, I've not seen you around as much recently :tongue: dem GCSE days :moon:
Partly I suppose it is the whole social prestige aspect of it, but in terms of academic achievement for what I want to do (law), it's always been the/one of the best :smile:
Something sciency/mathsy probably :yep:

dat tc feel :moon:

i guess so, good luck with law :biggrin:

hmm maybe, there's still so many subcategories and tbh i'm not even sure if that's right for me :redface:

went off it, doing homework now :cry2:

do both, dat multitasking tho

We'll see then. :smug:

(Annoying? :ahee:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

we will :moon:

no, just tedious

0/10 annoyance skills, wnb
Original post by Arithmeticae

do both, dat multitasking tho

nah phone on charge anyway
Aerospace stuff, science/tech, will end up boring the class to death because my class is mostly made up of girls who paint their nails so idk if they like that stuff tbh, might just do a speech on OMaM :ahee: Idk still very undecided...

Geo, shoot me please

Make it exciting then! :tongue: Make them want to listen... Somehow. It doesn't matter about them, it matters about what you want to do and if you're passionate about it. :yep:

Wait what...? They paint their nails in class? :lolwut:

Why? :colonhash:
Original post by Arithmeticae

we will :moon:

no, just tedious

0/10 annoyance skills, wnb

That's 7 years... Kk then. *rolls eyes*

Tedious? :lolwut: Please. Have you heard yourself? :rolleyes:

Wnb??
Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey just seen this thread
Im yr10

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wickedpony
Hey just seen this thread
Im yr10

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi! Long time no speak! :tongue: How are you? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Make it exciting then! :tongue: Make them want to listen... Somehow. It doesn't matter about them, it matters about what you want to do and if you're passionate about it. :yep:

Wait what...? They paint their nails in class? :lolwut:

Why? :colonhash:

Yes because I'm going to make the SR71, the aviation industry, planes in general interesting... think I'd shoot myself if I have to dumb some things just do people can understand why I love planes and stuff so much...

Super boring and just a massive memory game, and also I'm pretty **** at it :tongue: I'll fixed it soon though after all my controlled assessment is out of the way
Yes because I'm going to make the SR71, the aviation industry, planes in general interesting... think I'd shoot myself if I have to dumb some things just do people can understand why I love planes and stuff so much...

Super boring and just a massive memory game, and also I'm pretty **** at it :tongue: I'll fixed it soon though after all my controlled assessment is out of the way

Do it with passion. It's all that matters. Then allow them to ask you lots of questions! :tongue:

It's so good though! :ahee: I'm sure you're not bad... and learning amazing stuff. *mind-blown* D:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow this thread didn't die after all :tongue:

x

Hey! :biggrin: Long time no speak :frown:
Do it with passion. It's all that matters. Then allow them to ask you lots of questions! :tongue:

It's so good though! :ahee: I'm sure you're not bad... and learning amazing stuff. *mind-blown* D:

Posted from TSR Mobile

"passion" I can't do that with a class who doesn't share it, and if they don't enjoy it then no questions :frown:

learning in geography, holy bumfluff...

and no girls don't paint their nails in my class they just seem to have it always on even though my school's policy is no nail paint or whatever it's called is allowed :tongue:
Original post by BBeyond
Wow this thread didn't die after all :tongue:

Hey! :biggrin: Long time no speak :frown:

The thread infiltrators who now actually aren't infiltrating kept it alive :woo:
And I know! :jumphug: how's sixth form going for you? :smile:
The thread infiltrators who now actually aren't infiltrating kept it alive :woo:
And I know! :jumphug: how's sixth form going for you? :smile:

We are actually the infiltrators now :tongue:

6th form is really good! A lot of work but good :biggrin: You?
Original post by BBeyond
We are actually the infiltrators now :tongue:

6th form is really good! A lot of work but good :biggrin: You?

Haha I guess we are, how the tables have turned :lol:

Same, I've been really stressed out but when I'm not stressed it's good :smile: the teachers are really awesome and #sixthformprivillages are great xD
"passion" I can't do that with a class who doesn't share it, and if they don't enjoy it then no questions :frown:

learning in geography, holy bumfluff...

and no girls don't paint their nails in my class they just seem to have it always on even though my school's policy is no nail paint or whatever it's called is allowed :tongue:

That's depressing. This would be the polar opposite in my class. :frown: When are you doing the speech?

Duh! It's so amazing! :ahee:

We would be screamed at if had ANY nail polish on in my school. They're pretty lenient with toe nails though. :tongue:
Posted from TSR Mobile
That's depressing. This would be the polar opposite in my class. :frown: When are you doing the speech?

Duh! It's so amazing! :ahee:

We would be screamed at if had ANY nail polish on in my school. They're pretty lenient with toe nails though. :tongue:
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm just stuck with the title "Speech topic" on the top of my page... idk what to do tbh...

Yeah they're quite strict on it at the start of the year then the policy slowly fades as the year goes on... or the teachers just don't see it so idk
beyond ****ed for this english speech thing... still don't even have anything :rofl:
Didn't reply! :eek::eek:

I'm just stuck with the title "Speech topic" on the top of my page... idk what to do tbh...

Yeah they're quite strict on it at the start of the year then the policy slowly fades as the year goes on... or the teachers just don't see it so idk

Use Google to search for a topic!

Oh wow. :s-smilie: They're strict 24/7 with us... I'm not complaining anyway. :tongue:
beyond ****ed for this english speech thing... still don't even have anything :rofl:

Really? Just go with the planes! It would be so cool! Do it. :colone:

THINKTHINKTHINK<- Didn't Winnie the Pooh used to say this? Aw, I can't remember now. :tongue:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Didn't reply! :eek::eek:

Use Google to search for a topic!

Really? Just go with the planes! It would be so cool! Do it. :colone:

THINKTHINKTHINK<- Didn't Winnie the Pooh used to say this? Aw, I can't remember now. :tongue:
Posted from TSR Mobile

:hand:

Tried that, didn't find anything I would be suited to...

Planes... nah I just went with "If I was rich" topic, idk what I was supposed to do yolo

Idk haven't watched that bear in ages...
Losing my mind. Helppweighowefgl

Quick Reply

Latest