The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Strom
:biggrin: Be thankful that you have ages until exams at least:biggrin::redface:

I can't run away from tests though or mock tests. :tongue: I'm pretty busy so I wasn't lying with the above. XD
How are you?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by karmacrunch
I can't run away from tests though or mock tests. :tongue: I'm pretty busy so I wasn't lying with the above. XD
How are you?
Posted from TSR Mobile

The months are disappearing so quickly; first 8 months till gcses, now 7 in what felt like a week :s-smilie: I'm alright, but in 4 weeks I need to learn 2 speeches in 2 different languages :redface: You?
Original post by Strom
The months are disappearing so quickly; first 8 months till gcses, now 7 in what felt like a week :s-smilie: I'm alright, but in 4 weeks I need to learn 2 speeches in 2 different languages :redface: You?

Think about NOW. What you should do NOW and how it will help NOW. K? :tongue:
It will be fine! :biggrin: You do 2 languages?? :O Which other one (German and...)?
I'm fine, thanks. Just homework-doing. :yep:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by turn-to-page394
:mad::mad::mad: Please never compare Justin ******* Bieber to Harry Potter ever again... Utter ends of my love-hate spectrum (guess which end JB is at...)

And just to clarify, I don't love 'Harry Potter' as a person... He isn't even up there on my list of favourite characters. :biggrin: I love the Harry Potter series.

Thank you for calling me a nerd btw. Compliment taken. :cool:

#Nerdrage
Trolololollolololoolololollolololololol
I got the first HP book from school, but I think ima read the cherub one first :smile:
I swear I'm just bombarded with tests week after week, and on top of college open evenings, applications, a job, music and girl guiding I have no time to relax xD I recommend yoga and guided meditation to you all, so relaxing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
I swear I'm just bombarded with tests week after week, and on top of college open evenings, applications, a job, music and girl guiding I have no time to relax xD I recommend yoga and guided meditation to you all, so relaxing!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same, teachers think just because it's year 11 they have to pile us with tests AND homework, it's difficult to do both. On top of that going to an open evening takes up that whole evening and you can't get much homework done because your tired when you come back.

Sorry went off on a rant there 😋

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX

Posted from TSR Mobile

You know, that is exactly how I felt last year when I had a 'Yes man' attitude to life, took on wayyyyy too much and ended up getting really stressed. :hmpf:

Now I'm being more careful lol
Original post by Steliata
You know, that is exactly how I felt last year when I had a 'Yes man' attitude to life, took on wayyyyy too much and ended up getting really stressed. :hmpf:

Now I'm being more careful lol

The problem is I love everything too much to quit xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
The problem is I love everything too much to quit xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is quite literally the story of my life...

I quit senior section this year but I've just replaced it with ukulele club lol :facepalm:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Martie08
I would have not been happy if I'd have had to do a creative subject, I just cannot do anything like that :biggrin:
We had to choose a language, a DT or Computer Science (So I chose CS), and then we had 3 free choices and I then made sure I chose non-creative subjects :tongue:

Awwe why not? Art I'd soo much fun!

I'm also doing Computer Science:smile: how are you finding it?
Original post by karmacrunch
Think about NOW. What you should do NOW and how it will help NOW. K? :tongue:
It will be fine! :biggrin: You do 2 languages?? :O Which other one (German and...)?
I'm fine, thanks. Just homework-doing. :yep:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Well OK THEN :biggrin::biggrin:
It's English & German :frown: Nice! :cool:
Just asking, but how do your schools teach maths? my further maths and maths teachers just write stuff from the textbook on the board and make us copy it out in our example book then they just go on to do their own thing... I really hate the maths department in my school so much, just write **** up and don't even help...
Original post by Trihawk7
Just asking, but how do your schools teach maths? my further maths and maths teachers just write stuff from the textbook on the board and make us copy it out in our example book then they just go on to do their own thing... I really hate the maths department in my school so much, just write **** up and don't even help...

We just do revision packs and past papers all year round. Massive waste of time in my opinion but still seems better than your situation, which tbh is pretty standard in most schools for maths.
Original post by Steliata
This is quite literally the story of my life...

I quit senior section this year but I've just replaced it with ukulele club lol :facepalm:

My senior section unit only meet once a month, so I'm quite lucky, although I'm considering quitting school orchestra... the music dept is trying to make me join the choir but don't seem to understand I am physically too busy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
My senior section unit only meet once a month, so I'm quite lucky, although I'm considering quitting school orchestra... the music dept is trying to make me join the choir but don't seem to understand I am physically too busy!

Posted from TSR Mobile

My school band actually changed days pretty much so I could go lol. I have rowing on the day it used to be and they were desperately in need of a pianist... I really want to play with them in the school show but since I'm doing rowing training at a national level I can't commit the time needed sadly :frown: It's a shame because I think it'd be really fun. Perhaps next year when I hopefully have less rowing because everyone will realise how short I actually am lol
Oh my gosh I feel so bad that the thread has gotten so big and I've barely been on it! Year 11 is too much work xD

Tbh though I still don't feel like I'm really a Year 11 yet... Year 11 as a phrase just has so much weight to it and I don't feel like I've lived up to it :P

Also annoyingly I keep on aiming for 100% in mocks or end of topic tests or whatever and I always lose about one mark on something stupid- not reading the question properly e.g. ticking one box when you're meant to tick two... or thinking 15 x 4 = 45 :colondollar: haha any advice??
Oooh also anyone thinking of doing Chem A Level, could you share your reasons for doing so/ maybe convince me to do it too :P I want to do a Phys degree and I keep thinking that maybe Chem would be useful (atm my A Levels are Maths, FM, Physics, History) because most Physics applicants seem to do it and because of the subject links between the two. What do you think? Also Chemistry is one of my strongest subjects so I don't want to regret dropping it... heeeelp decisions are killing me :smile:

My teacher was useless.
I didn't do homework from December to time of exam.
I just self taught, and did past papers.
Got an A*
Original post by vd12345
My teacher was useless.
I didn't do homework from December to time of exam.
I just self taught, and did past papers.
Got an A*

Well I want to do A Level maths and I don't think I can live with such bad teachers for another 2 years and A Levels...
Well I want to do A Level maths and I don't think I can live with such bad teachers for another 2 years and A Levels...

I want to do A level maths also. I'm looking to move for sixth form

Latest